PDA

View Full Version : ILR Application Date

classygirl
28th May 2011, 12:52
Good day every one,

I need some clarificatiion please ,I will be applying for my ILR soon Set (M)and wanted to know the right timing in logging my application by post.My FLR visa was issued here in UK last 12/08/2009 and the expiry which is on the ID card will be on 21/07/2011.Am I right in understanding that I have to apply 28 days before 21/07/2011?I passed already my Life in the UK Test last Dec....

Thanks alot and any reply will be highly appreciated....Have a nice weekend...

Classygirl

joebloggs
28th May 2011, 13:04
if you have FLR then its upto 28 days b4 the visa expires.:D

classygirl
29th May 2011, 16:20
Thanks alot Joebloggs....enjoy the long weekend!!!:)

Terpe
29th May 2011, 16:28
if you have FLR then its upto 28 days b4 the visa expires.:D

That's 28days before the end of the qualifying period. The qualifying period for ILR is 24 months living in UK

Just mentioned for clarity.

joebloggs
29th May 2011, 18:54
That's 28days before the end of the qualifying period. The qualifying period for ILR is 24 months living in UK

Just mentioned for clarity.

:D
the probationary period is 2yrs
for a spouse visa your right that would be 24 months living in the uk - upto 28 days

but for a fiancee visa, which i take it classygirl arrived on, as she has flr for 2yrs, once she has FLR its converted to a spouse visa, so when twenty-three months of the probationary period have been completed, the holder of FLR may apply for ILR.

so she could have been in the UK alot longer than 2yrs ( time on her fiancee visa) but her probationary period would have only started when she was granted FLR(m)

but i'm wondering if UKBA are allowing people ILR if they have spent just 2yrs in the uk on a fiancee visa - upto 28 days :Erm: but then there is the delay of waiting for the FLR to be approved,,

Terpe
29th May 2011, 20:07
the probationary period is 2yrs
for a spouse visa your right that would be 24 months living in the uk - upto 28 days

but for a fiancee visa, which i take it classygirl arrived on, as she has flr for 2yrs, once she has FLR its converted to a spouse visa, so when twenty-three months of the probationary period have been completed, the holder of FLR may apply for ILR.

so she could have been in the UK alot longer than 2yrs ( time on her fiancee visa) but her probationary period would have only started when she was granted FLR(m)

but i'm wondering if UKBA are allowing people ILR if they have spent just 2yrs in the uk on a fiancee visa - upto 28 days :Erm: but then there is the delay of waiting for the FLR to be approved,,

I think you'll find it's 2 yrs from the settlement visa ie: The period from the time permission was granted to remain in the UK as the spouse (if they arrive here with fiance visa this is a temporary visa - 6 mths).
So time here under fiancee visa does not count for the qualifying period.
The ILR is 2 yrs from the FLR.
For Naturalisation you can count from when you first arrive in the UK so this can include the fiancee time.

joebloggs
29th May 2011, 20:27
i think thats what i've said terpe :Erm:
haven't i :doh
i'm sure some on here who came on a fiancee visa must have applied for ILR after they had been in the UK only 23 months and been granted ..

fiancee visa yes 24 months, but not for a spouse visa can be anything upto 24 months..

Terpe
29th May 2011, 20:45
i think thats what i've said terpe :Erm:
haven't i :doh

Probably :doh
I'm a bit delicate today after rather long night of celebrations :Cuckoo:

joebloggs
29th May 2011, 20:59
rightly so :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxparty-smiley-050::Beer:
it's pretty sad you have to go thru all this :censored: so a family member can visit you :NoNo:

but we'll keep trying :rolleyes:

classygirl
30th May 2011, 10:49
thanks alot joebloggs and Terpe......:)

Arthur Little
30th May 2011, 11:44
thanks alot joebloggs and Terpe......:)

... goodluck with your forthcoming application. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

classygirl
30th May 2011, 14:56
... goodluck with your forthcoming application. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks a lot Arthur Little.....