PDA

View Full Version : english test certificate

kate_th
29th May 2011, 10:30
good day ,

does anyone tried the theodolite exam and pass the certificate to uk embassy????:Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump:

Terpe
29th May 2011, 10:47
good day ,

does anyone tried the theodolite exam and pass the certificate to uk embassy????:Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump:

UKBA have launched a new list of approved English language tests
Here:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/new-approved-english-tests.pdf

This is what UKBA state:-

Transitional arrangements - spouses and partners
If you apply as a spouse or partner, and we receive your application on or before 17 July 2011, you can demonstrate your English language ability using a test (whether booked or taken) that is on the existing list of approved tests for partners.

From 18 July 2011, only tests on the new list can be used to demonstrate your English language ability as part of a spouse or partner application.

Theodolite was a test centre on behalf of EDI
EDI does not appear on the new approvals list that I can see.

If you wish to continue with Theodolite please be sure that you can receive the pass certificate in good time to make your visa application before 17 July

kate_th
29th May 2011, 14:32
terpe ty ... u do have any information how many days will be the result or the pass certificate will be given? at east how many days??? even from other test provider....any idea? i have my complete documents here for the visa .. its only the english test that is needed to complete the paperworks.. i will have my test tomorrow.. sigh,....:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

Terpe
29th May 2011, 16:17
terpe ty ... u do have any information how many days will be the result or the pass certificate will be given? at east how many days??? even from other test provider....any idea? i have my complete documents here for the visa .. its only the english test that is needed to complete the paperworks.. i will have my test tomorrow.. sigh,....:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

Sorry, I don't have any idea on the time it takes to get your test certificate.
Better to ask the test centre staff and also follow up with EDI

Maybe others have experience.

Lancashirelad
29th May 2011, 17:14
Sorry, I don't have any idea on the time it takes to get your test certificate.
Better to ask the test centre staff and also follow up with EDI

Maybe others have experience.

My Fiancee took her IELTs English exam 1 year ago as part of her Nursing degree. She told me it took 2 weeks to receive her certificate.

dont know if that helps, good luck!

Graham H
30th May 2011, 11:38
My spouse took the ELSA test with Theodolite Cebu 2 weeks ago. She phoned them today. But they say that they havn't got the pappers back as yet. ..:bigcry:

laurel
30th May 2011, 22:55
My wife took the IELTS exam in April, it was available to be picked up physically and online after 13 days

Josieyam65
1st June 2011, 05:00
good day ,

Hello kate_th

I also took my English test at Theodolite last Feb 7, got the result on the 15th and claimed my certificate on the 18th.

Goodluck.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rayjen
2nd June 2011, 14:03
Hi Kate, my wife Jen took the English test with theodite & passed in January. Whilst in Cebu we called in to check if result was back yet & met the owner (peter) & his wife. Very nice, genuine people. Goodluck!

kate_th
7th June 2011, 07:21
still no certificate...hmmmm...maybe tomorrow.. i cant wait to go to vfs though...tsktsktsk...:D:D:D

myliitlehaven07
7th June 2011, 08:01
kate why not take TOEIC it still included on the new list!! the reading and writing test result is on the same day after you taken the test, and the speaking and writinGg will take two or three weeks i think,:Erm:

kate_th
7th June 2011, 08:46
i will take toeic if i cant have my certificate this june 30:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:..... ty mlhaven.......

kate_th
9th June 2011, 20:01
did she get the certificate today???????????:Jump::Jump::Jump:

kate_th
9th June 2011, 20:01
My spouse took the ELSA test with Theodolite Cebu 2 weeks ago. She phoned them today. But they say that they havn't got the pappers back as yet. ..:bigcry:

did she get the certificate today???????????

Dedworth
9th June 2011, 21:33
Be wary Theodolite "test centre" have an unfavourable write up here

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/28245-English-Language-Test?p=269591&highlight=#post269591

kate_th
11th June 2011, 14:35
i will update on the outcome of my application...

Graham H
13th June 2011, 17:33
Update, My wife got the results back from Theodolite last Saturday. (she passed ). She Took her docs to VFS on Tuesday. She got a text to say her docs was ready to pick up today (Monday). She got the visa..Graham..

kate_th
13th June 2011, 17:45
i will update on the outcome of my application...
thankyou graham... i took the test at theodolite too... gonna go to vfs tomorrow.. i mean later... hahahaha,,,, thankyou for the info.... :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

kate_th
16th June 2011, 10:48
Hello kate_th

I also took my English test at Theodolite last Feb 7, got the result on the 15th and claimed my certificate on the 18th.

Goodluck.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:hello josieyammmm....can i ask you something???

tiggerthetiger
22nd June 2011, 11:39
Hello Graham,

can you please confirm what the test was.?

My wife has received an A1 in the E L S A test but this test is not on any list of Approved tests on the Border Agency web site.

I know that ESOL is definately accepted and is on the list http://www.ediplc.com/esol.asp

However the ELSA test is not.
http://www.ediplc.com/elsa.asp

It is the ELSA test that Peter of Theodolite is telling people is approved by the Home Office.

This is the official list of approved tests. :
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/partners-other-family/english-tests-partners.pdf

I have personally took a lot of interest in the earlier comments about Peter and theodolite. !:rolleyes:

thanks Geoff

tiggerthetiger
23rd June 2011, 11:00
I thought this might be of interest to anyone who may still be reading this thread. I have tried many times to get a direct answer from UK VAC as to whether the ELSA test result (A1) is accepted for the Visa application in regards to settlemnt here in UK.

The closest I got was this reply today in answer to my question :

Is the E L S A test accepted by the Home Office at this moment and up to July 17, 2011 or even afterwards , as proof of the required standard when applying for the Settlement Visa to the UK .? My wife paid for and took the E L S A test.

Best regards and thankyou for your patience and attention , !

Dear Mr ********,

Greetings from UK VAC!

The Theodolite exam is valid for 2 years. Thus, we will still accept the test result of your wife even if you will be applying beyond 17 July 2011.

Sincerely,
VFS Helpline UK VAC

www.vfs-uk-ph.com

It still doesn`t refer directly to the ELSA exam but I have asked three tiomes now with no luck.....

Terpe
27th June 2011, 10:48
Theodolite was a test centre only. Not a UKBA approved provider.
It was acting for EDI (Education Development International) which was a UKBA approved awarding body, but not an approved training provider.

The UKBA requirements for English language are that you:-

- are a national of a majority English-speaking country; or
- pass an English language test on our list of approved English language tests; or
- hold a degree that was taught in English and is equivalent to a UK bachelor's degree.

UKBA has issued a new list of approved tests and providers.
From 18 July 2011, only tests on the new list can be used to demonstrate your English language ability as part of a spouse or partner application.

Transitional arrangements - spouses and partners
If you apply as a spouse or partner, and we receive your application on or before 17 July 2011, you can demonstrate your English language ability using a test (whether booked or taken) that is on the existing list of approved tests for partners.

UKBA further state that:-
Any test that is on our new list of approved English language tests (PDF 253KB opens in a new window) is acceptable to demonstrate your English language ability.
The NEW list is here:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/new-approved-english-tests.pdf

I cannot find any mention of ELSA on this new listing

Just for reference the old list is here and is still valid up to and including 17 July 2011
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/partners-other-family/english-tests-partners.pdf

The ELSA (English Language Skills Assessment) test by EDI does not seem to be specifically indicated on the old list. However their "English Language Skills" (for all levels) does appear on the list, and this may be an EDI reference for ELSA but perhaps a check with EDI will confirm this just to be on the safe side.