PDA

View Full Version : Confused

sheldon1
30th May 2011, 12:01
Hi, i have been away from this forum for sometime. And the advise i recieved was very usefull. I have a wife and two children in the philippines. Boy 5 girl 4. We got married in the philippines in 2008 but we have known each other since 2003. My wife came on a visitor visa last year, she came for 6 months but stayed only 3 months. The visa was straight forward. Now i settling back in my home county renting house got job etc. So i am going to start the ball rolling soon to bring them over on a spouse visa. My dilemma is it wise to get them philippines passports over there. (they dont have yet, and they are not registered as british) and bring them over here. Or should i register them over there at the embassy as british?.. Will i have to return to philippines to register, or can i do it from here? They have the birth certificates in my name etc. Little boy starts school there in a few weeks. Can anybody advise me what to do?

grahamw48
30th May 2011, 12:07
Register them as British ASAP, and get them British passports.

You will only have a spouse visa to apply for then, and your children will have their birthright should anything untoward happen to you in the future.

I don't believe you need to be present...only the correct documents presented there at the British Embassy (by your wife).

Others here will be able to supply further details as to WHAT documents.

sheldon1
30th May 2011, 19:39
Many thanks. What do i have to send my wife from uk document wise? I believe she has to fil in a mn1 form. I not really sure how to go ahead with this? I realy need to get this asap and british passports. Is this very complicated?

grahamw48
30th May 2011, 19:45
I think you need to do a search on here for the latest info' (was discussed recently), and of course refer to the UKBA website.

Someone will be along soon with further advice.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
30th May 2011, 19:53
if you don't get them British passports you will have to apply and pay for a settlement visa for them at about £850 each :yikes:, and then pay about £450 each when applying for ILR, thou the British embassy might try to make you register your kids (around £400 each ??) , I'm pretty certain that you don't need to thou and you can just apply for a British passport.

sheldon1
30th May 2011, 21:06
my boy was born in march 2006, we were not married at the time. in 2008 we were married. my little girl was born in 2007. would it still be straight forward to register?

joebloggs
30th May 2011, 21:17
did you get their birth certs legitimized after you married ?
possibility the embassy might ask for a DNA test to be done..

sheldon1
30th May 2011, 22:06
yes they have been legitimised