PDA

View Full Version : Can you assist in our settlement visa

The Wurzel
3rd June 2011, 08:29
Good morning,

My partner and I are applying for her settlement visa and before I spend 244000peso i application I was hoping I can get your advice if you feel it is possible????

1. Me and my Filipina partner are not married but we been living together for 3 years in Manila. We have several letters from people including our first landlord to back this up.

2. We have photos throughout the thrwee years all time stamped.

3. We have joint bank accounts (3 but all inactive now) dating back over the full three years.

4. We have legal papers showing our house and car registered inboth names for more than 2 years

5. We have several letters giving moral background on our family life to prove we been living together.

6. We have bank statements for last 6 months with my recent UK statements showing in excess of 5000 GBP in bank account.

7. I have rented house in UK and we have rental agreement.

8. I have contract from my employer showing uk income of 57 000GBP per year.

9. Letter from my employer stating their requirement that the family MUST accompany me as it is their policy for families to remain together.

10. Company BUPA insurance for all family. Letter from company to prove.

11. Company to fund travel to UK for family. Letter from company to prove.

12. Copy of my UK passport

13. my sponsor letter stating all above in more detail

14. We still own home and she has plenty family remaining in Philippines.

15. Two children from previous partner both with no father mentioned on birth certificate

16 new baby with my name on birth certificate

17. Proof that all family has been living as family with me as primary supporter for three years. Letters photos,.school fees receipts, flight tickets for kids purchased by me...etc

18. Philippine passports for all.

my main concern is both of us were married before. She has been seperated 10 years. No divorce or annulment. But they had no contact for 10 years and we are unable to find him as he is not Filipihno and not in Philippines. Me I was married before in Australia but we seperated 4 years ago. We also have no divorce however we are legally sperated and I have the divorce papers which have been served on my ex wife however it is still in process.

this is our situation. I feel we are ready to apply but can anyone give their advice.

Stuart

joebloggs
3rd June 2011, 08:40
i take it your applying for a unmarried partner visa ?

The Wurzel
3rd June 2011, 08:50
Yes sorry I didnt specify that...Yes its an unmarried partner settlement visa and for the three kids to join us (13, 11 and 2 months) also she has already completed and has just got news she has passed the english test.

joebloggs
3rd June 2011, 10:26
are you in the uk now ?
looks like you've got everything covered.

The Wurzel
3rd June 2011, 10:28
Thanks joe Bloggs....both me and my wife are just stressing we want to get this right....

We keep getting pushed to use the immigration agencies (mainly by themselves) but I feel we are doing OK.

I was just hoping to get others opinions to see if you feal I am missing anything critical....

We really want the kids to be here by end August so they can start school with the other boys from day one....

joebloggs
3rd June 2011, 10:33
i see your in the uk now, how long has it been since you left the phils ?
has your 'g/f' lived part from her kids ?

joebloggs
3rd June 2011, 10:50
thou this is for applying in the uk, i believe its the same for those outside the uk.

SET5.13 What types of evidence might demonstrate living together and a relationship akin to marriage/civil partnership?

The applicant must provide six pieces of correspondence addressed to him / her and their partner at the same address as evidence that they have been living together during the past 2 years. The items of correspondence should be addressed to them jointly or in both their names. If they do not have enough items in their joint names, they may also provide items addressed to each of other individually if they show the same address for both of them. The documents provided must be originals and should be spread over the whole 2 years; they should also be from at least 3 different sources. Examples of what documentation the applicant could provide are listed below:

Joint commitments, (such as joint bank accounts, investments, rent agreements, mortgage, life insurance policy naming the other partner as beneficiary etc);
Birth certificates or records of any children of the relationship, showing both partners as parents;
Any official correspondence linking both partners to the same address, for example Council Tax, utility bills, Doctors records;
Any other evidence that adequately demonstrates the couple's long-term commitment to each other

from whats you posted, if you have suitable evidence listed above, also some savings, employment and suitable accommodation i can't see where you would have a problem getting the visa.

The Wurzel
3rd June 2011, 10:55
what about the fact we are both seperated but not yet divorced.......but we can prove we been together 3 yrs easily on what u sent above..

thanks

joebloggs
3rd June 2011, 11:07
SET5.10 What evidence is required that any previous marriage/civil partnership or similar relationship has permanently broken down?

Each of the parties to the unmarried or same-sex partnership is required to provide evidence regarding any previous marital or other relationship akin to marriage / civil partnership they have had. They should be asked to specify how long ago the previous relationship was terminated, either by divorce / dissolved civil partnership, by separation or by death:

Widowed person: death certificate of the late spouse.
Surviving civil partner: death certificate of the deceased civil partner.
Divorced person: evidence of divorce eg a divorce certificate. NB for the UK this is a decree absolute divorce certificate - this is stated on the order from the Family Court. A person is not legally divorced until the decree absolute is issued. A decree nisi is not acceptable evidence. See SET13 - Overseas divorces.
Dissolved civil partnership: evidence of the dissolution eg dissolution certificate.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/settlement/unmarriedsamesex#560781082

also you might find this useful

http://www.uklgig.org.uk/uprule.htm

rusty
3rd June 2011, 16:40
16 new baby with my name on birth certificate

Are you applying for a visa for your daughter?

If you are named on the birth certificate then you should be able to apply directly for a British passport, which is cheaper than the visa. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
3rd June 2011, 16:59
Are you applying for a visa for your daughter?

If you are named on the birth certificate then you should be able to apply directly for a British passport, which is cheaper than the visa. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: but the embassy might ask for a DNA test to be carried out also the embassy might try and insist you pay and register the child, but I'm sure legally you don't have to if you don't want to.

The Wurzel
4th June 2011, 15:43
I did look into the British pasport but i been informed it is so much easier to get her a british passport after she arrive here...

the DNA test can be 30 000 peso alone and then its so much additional hassle and waiting with embassy......

Its a one of cost to get family here so I taking the advice of Filipinos in UK thats just get them here then apply in Durham direct and we could have the passprt within a week with nothing more than completing the application form and paying the money

rusty
5th June 2011, 08:39
I did look into the British passport but i been informed it is so much easier to get her a british passport after she arrive here...

the DNA test can be 30 000 peso alone and then its so much additional hassle and waiting with embassy......

Its a one of cost to get family here so I taking the advice of Filipinos in UK thats just get them here then apply in Durham direct and we could have the passport within a week with nothing more than completing the application form and paying the money

We did not need DNA tests and had no hassle to get a passport for our son. With all the evidence you have there should be no problem getting the passport without the need for DNA tests.

Its a one of cost to get family here

Would the settlement visa just be for 27 months and the you will need to apply for ILR later?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partnersandfamilies/partners/unmarriedsamesexpartners/

If you are subject to immigration control and you are the unmarried/same-sex partner of a British citizen or person who is settled here, you can apply for permission to come to the UK in this category. The relationship may be a heterosexual or same-sex relationship, but you must not be related by blood.
Your settled partner must be:

currently living and settled in the UK; or
returning to the UK with you to live here permanently.

You must be able to show that:

any previous marriage or civil partnership that either of you was in has permanently broken down;
you have both been living together as if you were married or in a civil partnership for at least 2 years;
you both plan to live together permanently;
you can support yourselves and any dependants without help from public funds (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/while-in-uk/rightsandresponsibilities/publicfunds/);
you have adequate accommodation where you and your dependants can live exclusively and without help from public funds; and
you are both at least 21 years old (or 18 years old if either of you is a serving member of HM Forces).

To find out how to apply, see the Applying from outside the UK (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partnersandfamilies/partners/unmarriedsamesexpartners/applying-outside-uk/) page.
If your application is successful, we will give you permission to live and work here for up to 27 months. This is called your probationary period. At the end of the two years, you may apply for permission to settle permanently (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partnersandfamilies/partners/indefiniteleavetoremain/) in the UK (known as 'indefinite leave to remain') as the settled person's unmarried/same-sex partner.
We may be able to give you permission to live permanently in the UK as soon as you arrive, if:

you and your partner have been living together for at least four years as if you were married or in a civil partnership;
you have spent those four years living together outside the UK;
you are both coming to the UK to settle here together; and
you have sufficient knowledge of the English language and life in the UK. (You do not need to meet this last requirement if you are aged 65 or over.)

joebloggs
5th June 2011, 08:47
rusty there is a chance they will asked for a DNA test because he isn't married to her, thou he can prove he was in the phils with her for 3 years, so who knows :Erm: but its a pretty expensive test if he has to :NoNo: but i think your right they probably will not ask for one with the evidence he has, but there is always the possibility they might.

The Wurzel
5th June 2011, 19:20
Maybe I can bring my daughter here on tourist visa then apply her passport after she arrives

kate_th
7th June 2011, 07:14
a fiancee visa is applicable for u both since you are not married yet. you can just only spend 110,000 php for all expenses....and after that,you apply for settlement in uk... less worries... but expensive though...