PDA

View Full Version : what are the requirements in processing dependents visa (from previous marriage)

Julie-Tom
12th June 2011, 22:50
Hello everyone-

this is my third thread that Im opening up here, I have been browsing the site re documents and supporting documents for a dependents visa and only found a few.

Me and Fiance are getting married soon and we are very keen in processing my son's visa (from previous marriage) as early as now we want to prepare whats needed.

any links and advice will be appreciated, I believe a few here has experienced the same,

My ex husband and I has not been in contact in 4 years now, and my family and I been taking care of my son,

will wait for your reply thanks thanks!

T&J

alanp
13th June 2011, 06:09
Hello
if your ex husband is on the birth certificate of your son you will need to have a letter from him giving his permission for your son to leave the country and get fiance to fill out a sponsorship undertaking as well. i have attached a copy of the letter my jennie got her husband to sign and then got it signed by a solicitor.

I hope this helps
Alan

joebloggs
13th June 2011, 06:22
My ex husband and I has not been in contact in 4 years now, and my family and I been taking care of my son,

when was the last time you lived with your son ?

Julie-Tom
13th June 2011, 06:35
that will be really tough to get anything signed by the ex.

he has never been in contact since 2007 and I dont have hus number nor location.

During the annulment process (2010 to present) he never responded to any of the invites by the court.

:( does this mean if I dont have anything signed by the ex, no chance Im gonna get my son?

Julie-Tom
13th June 2011, 06:39
when was the last time you lived with your son ?

I am living with my son at the present, he only lived with my ex for a year and that was 2006 when i have to go to Dubai and he insisted to get my son, but I did everything to get my son back. and he has been living with my parents ever since,

joebloggs
13th June 2011, 06:42
so you've not lived apart from your son since 2006 ?

Julie-Tom
13th June 2011, 06:57
so you've not lived apart from your son since 2006 ?

after getting my son from ex and placing him under the care of my parents I went back abroad and work till dec 2009, and Ive been back in the Ph since dec 2009 to present

is this going to be complicated for me to apply for my sons visa together with my spouse visa application?

joebloggs
13th June 2011, 07:01
so for the last 2yrs you have lived with your son ?

Julie-Tom
13th June 2011, 07:17
so for the last 2yrs you have lived with your son ?

Dec 2009 to present - son living with me
2007 to Nov 2009 - son living with my parents since Im working abroad
2006 - son living with ex
2004-2005 son living with me

thanks

joebloggs
13th June 2011, 07:26
your getting married in the phils and will be applying for a settlement visa for you and your son ?

for your son you need to prove you have 'sole custody' and 'sole responsibility' from what you've said you should have sole responsibility.

Julie-Tom
13th June 2011, 07:46
your getting married in the phils and will be applying for a settlement visa for you and your son ?

for your son you need to prove you have 'sole custody' and 'sole responsibility' from what you've said you should have sole responsibility.

yes fiance and I are getting married here in the PI by August
how will I prove sole custody what are the requirements?
what are the docs I need to be preparing? I really hope son and I can have the visa at the same time

thanks and waiting for reply

joebloggs
13th June 2011, 07:56
link on settlement for a child.
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/settlement/children#595127682

in your annulment it must have mentioned custody of your child ?

how old is the child ?