PDA

View Full Version : civil wedding

kristal
13th June 2011, 23:22
hi, im kristal from philippines, i just want to ask regarding how to go for civil wedding, coz were planning to get married with my bf in the philippines, but his from bangladesh, were different religion, i just want to ask some help to guys what are the requirements in a civil wedding it comes in different nationality and religion...?????? and incase it is possible to ask to the judge that we can have our civil wedding ceremony outside in the city hall office,?????? like we can choice different venue????

hawk
4th July 2011, 18:12
REQUISITES FOR APPLICATION FOR A MARRIAGE LICENSE

For applicants 18 years of age but below 21 yrs:
1. Proof of age (birth cert., baptismal cert., voter's affidavit)
2. Parents consent, preferably father
3. Pre-marriage counseling from DSWD for civil marriages
4. Family planning and Responsible Parenthood Seminar

For applicants 21 years of age but below twenty five years old:
2. Parents consent, preferably father
3. Pre-marriage counseling from DSWD for civil marriage
4. Family planning and Responsible Parenthood Seminar

For applicants 25 years of age and above
2. Family planning and Responsible Parenthood Seminar

If the applicant is a FOREIGNER, Legal Capacity to contract marriage from their embassy in the Philippines is required.

If the applicant is a WIDOW/WIDOWER, the death certificate of the deceased spouse is required.

Marriage Registration

Marriages cannot be solemnized without meeting the following requisites: a) legal capacity of the contracting parties; b) their consent, freely given; c) authority of the person performing the marriage; d) a marriage license, except in a marriage of exceptional character; and e) a certificate of legal capacity issued by their diplomatic or consulate officials when either or both of the contracting parties are citizen of a foreign country.

The LCR shall post a notice of the application for marriage license for 10 consecutive days at the office notice board. The license shall be issued after the completion of the publication, unless the LCR receives information of any alleged impediment to the marriage. IF any impediment to the marriage is reported, the LCR shall investigate the persons involved under oath. If he is convinced that there is an impediment to the marriage, he shall withhold the marriage license, unless otherwise ordered by a competent court.

The license, once issued shall be valid in any part of the Philippines for 120 days from the date of issue.

MARRIAGE
Marriage shall be registered in the Office of the Local Civil Registrar of the place where it was solemnized within 15 days from the date of celebration. However, a 30-day reglementary period is set by law for marriages of exceptional character, including marriage under articulo mortis. A Marriage solemnized while in transit within Philippine territory is registrable at the place of destination or usual residence of either party.

MARRIAGE CONTRACT

The marriage record is useful to prove the fact of the occurrence of marriage and thus establish legal responsibilities of married couple. It is also used as basis for claims of insurance benefits, pension and military allowances. It proves parentage and is used to confer a child's legitimacy and his rights to inheritance. It is also used for obtaining passports, for immigration, tax deductions, provision of certain types of government facilities and services that are allocated only to married couples. For a foreigner, it is the basis of an application for citizenship, a privilege that goes with certain types of marriages.

Two witnesses/sponsors, at least.

Bestman/maid of honor not necerrary. hope this helps as am doing same good luck but check first as rvryone is not same

timmytoad
6th July 2011, 03:59
hi there,thanks for info,i am taking my decree absolute and cni to philippines in aug,i only have two weeks hols,i intend to get all paperwork sorted so we can marry in oct at civil office,iloilo,and i only have two weeks hols in oct,is this enough time,and do you know if i have to take my cni to the british embassy before i can submit it to the statistics office in iloilo to obtain a licience to marry,realy confused,got stinking headache,thanks tim,and good luck with your marraige,

febmary
6th July 2011, 07:47
Hi guys,

JUst wanted to share my experience in civil wedding. I just got married last June 4 in my province in Negros. But before that my husband prepare all his requirements in his hometown like getting the CNI and certificate de coutome at the DFA in Dublin. We exchange that in Irish Embassy in Manila. We got the legal capacity to marry and present to the LCR in my hometown. We wait for10 days for our marriage license. When we got our license, we went to Hall of Justice to schedule our wedding. We schedule it on Saturday so that my family members can attend. You can get married anywhere of your choice and place as long you have the marriage license and have them posted in your LCR. We are granted a special ceremony in a place of our choice.

Goodluck in your processing and hope we can hear good news.

:):Jump::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
6th July 2011, 09:13
I only ever knew 2 weddings that completed within 14 days. In those two cases everything went exactly to plan and all concerned were very very helpful. Both took place in Metro Manila.

So in principle I have to believe that 14 days is a possibility. However, personally I would not suggest that anyone actually only allows 14 days for a wedding in Pinas.
I would guess that in 90% of cases it will be happen.
Three weeks might be a better plan

simplyme28
6th July 2011, 10:23
hi kristal,

I do wedding coordination both civil church so if you have questions just PM me.. :)

You need to complete your requirements first before proceeding to the next step in getting a marriage license.

rrr
7th July 2011, 18:08
Hi Kristal I have been reading about civil wedding because my fiancee and me are planning to have it but because we both have a tight schedule we are considering civil wedding in hongkong instead. Hongkong is convenient in a way that you can submit the documents along with the application form and arrive on your wedding day.

However, 2 weeks in philippines might be possible with the civil wedding just ensure to check whether this is 10 days or 10 working days.

Goodluck!::heartshape1: