PDA

View Full Version : Red Ribon. Help please.

Graham H
16th June 2011, 15:13
My wife has just got her spouse visa and the CFO sticker. However she has been told that she needs to have the marrage certificate in a red ribon seal.
I dont know anything about this. I cant find anything about it on UKBA site. Help please as she is comming to UK next week....:Help1:

Terpe
16th June 2011, 15:50
Graham, Like you I know nothing about this Red Ribbon Seal.
Who told her she needs to get that?
What is the reason to obtain it?
Was a price mentioned?
Who would supply it?

It doesn't sound correct to me but I'm sure the many wives here who travelled to UK on a spouse visa will respond to you.

It is not a UKBA requirement.

KeithD
16th June 2011, 15:56
Whose blood would you use for the colouring? :Cuckoo: .... never heard of that before either :Erm:

Graham H
16th June 2011, 16:03
Hi Terpe,

It was someone who was taking her CFO seminar with my wife today that mentioned the red ribon seal.

I have also searched red ribon in the search box on this site and found that someone else enclosed this red ribon with her supporting documents.

There was no mention of the cost or where to get it from. Thats all I have been able to find out so far Terpe......:doh

stevie c
16th June 2011, 16:14
HI Graham there is no need for the red ribbon my wife got her cfo sticker with just the original marriage certificate she wasnt asked for the red ribbon & didnt supply one

She will be fine travelling to the uk on a spouse visa without the red ribbon as long as she has her cfo sticker & valid spouse visa there will be no problems.

Dedworth
16th June 2011, 16:18
My wife has just got her spouse visa and the CFO sticker. However she has been told that she needs to have the marrage certificate in a red ribon seal.
I dont know anything about this. I cant find anything about it on UKBA site. Help please as she is comming to UK next week....:Help1:

Is your wife ettedo17 ? If so she's already dealt with the issue :D ?

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/31983-Please-help-me-asap-i-m-leaving-phils-very-soon.-Thank-you!?highlight=ribbon

Graham H
16th June 2011, 16:21
Thanks Stevie .

What is this red ribon. I am curious now. Even Win 2 Win didnt know and he knows everything..lol......:D

Graham H
16th June 2011, 16:23
No she hasnt joined this site yet.....:D

Terpe
16th June 2011, 16:31
............. Even Win 2 Win didnt know and he knows everything..lol......:D

:yikes::yikes::yikes::omg:

Everything ???

sars_notd_virus
16th June 2011, 17:01
Hello Graham!! just let your wife bring all the original documents from the NSO....there is no required red ribbon for them ,i guessed the red ribbon tingy only applies to German Spouses:rolleyes:

KeithD
16th June 2011, 18:09
Everything :action-smiley-081: ;)

Terpe
16th June 2011, 18:38
:icon_sorry::icon_sorry::icon_sorry:

Don't spill the beans Boss. :bigcry:

Terpe
16th June 2011, 18:39
Hello Graham!! just let your wife bring all the original documents from the NSO....there is no required red ribbon for them ,i guessed the red ribbon tingy only applies to German Spouses:rolleyes:

Sars, what is this red ribbon stuff?

aryM
16th June 2011, 22:05
Red Ribbon is a seal pasted on your marriage certificate or any other important documents from the DFA and Offce of the President, most here think that if they have it its more reliable but it cost a lot too. But I don't think its needed. I have known some but its merely for the purpose of employment abroad and some with american husbands. So need to to worry about that Graham, it's not recognised in uk.

malditako
17th June 2011, 00:01
no need for red ribbon...it is only needed to those who's applying work aboard..normally records from school.

Graham H
17th June 2011, 13:11
Thanks for the info guys. No need to worry then. I booked her the flight now..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

kate_th
18th June 2011, 23:36
this might help http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080818175124AAYTUr4

kate_th
18th June 2011, 23:44
complete info is here http://www.nursereview.org/2009/06/dfa-red-ribbon-dfa-authentication-of.html