PDA

View Full Version : employment letter for a spouse visa

queenie
19th June 2011, 08:42
hi!

Guys I need help. I'm new on this forum. I'm married to a british guy, i have applied my spouse visa here in Bahrain as i have a residence permit in this country. I'm currently working here but I just wanna confirm if do i have to submit my employment letter as well coz I'm not aware on this matter when I submitted my application at the uk embassy or just the employment letter of my husband from his job in UK? I have submitted all the requirements except employment letter from my company here. It makes me sad sometimes thinking if i missed to give them.

your advice would be highly appreciated..

grahamw48
19th June 2011, 10:48
Well, if you're already married then it is the SPONSOR who is required to satisfy the UKBA that you as a couple will have no need of 'recourse to public funds' here in the UK....so in other words HIS employment docs are what they need.

It would of course be a good idea to have printed copies of your employment record and any references from Bahrain, should you decide to take advantage of your entitlement (as a spouse) to work here after you arrive. :)

queenie
19th June 2011, 11:57
thanks for the advice but i already submitted my application and i forgot to submit my employment letter here in Bahrain. But they can see it in my old and new passport stamped that i am under a residence working visa permit of the company which i'm working with. hope this will not be an issue :) just a little bit nervous...

grahamw48
19th June 2011, 13:20
What I meant was that I'm pretty sure they won't need to see anything to do with YOUR employment history, so you should be fine.

Good luck. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
19th June 2011, 16:53
queenie,
Graham, is absolutely correct.
You only nned to show UKBA that:
- you are legally married to each other or have registered a civil partnership;
- you are going to live together permanently as husband and wife, or as civil partners;
- you have met each other;
- you can support yourselves and any dependants without help from public funds;
- you have adequate accommodation where you and your dependants can live
exclusively and without help from public funds; and
- you are at least 21 years old (or 18 years old if you or your husband, wife or civil
partner is a serving member of HM Forces).

You have no need or requirement to prove anything about your employment in Philippines or even that you have employment in the Philippines.

So just relax and look forward to summertime in UK :D

queenie
19th June 2011, 19:15
thnx guys.. i can relax now without worries around me :)

queenie
27th June 2011, 06:58
hi add me up on ym queenie_i

Arthur Little
27th June 2011, 13:32
Hi, Queenie & Reideza ... :welcomex: here, and good luck to you both with your respective visa applications. :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

queenie
27th June 2011, 20:26
thnx ARTHUR. Hope my visa will be granted soon...