PDA

View Full Version : hi guys just joined

tommo17
23rd June 2011, 01:33
we are going to put in for our uk spousal visa my g/friend is in the philippines im in uk she has an appointment at the british embassy on 29th june im confused does she get an answer that day on the visa or do we have to wait or does she leave the docs there and they contact her with an answer any help pls ty:

Terpe
23rd June 2011, 07:52
we are going to put in for our uk spousal visa my g/freind is in the philippines im in uk she has an appointment at the british embassy on 29th june im confused does she get an answer that day on the visa or do we have to wait or does she leave the docs there and they contact her with an answer any help pls ty:

For full details take a look here:-
http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/

Your g/f needs to submit a fully compliant application.
There's plenty of your input needed and key documents to be supplied.
Did you already supply detailed info on your financial standing and on the accommodation?
Payment for the visa needs to be made upfront, have you sent money for this?

Sorry, but it seems so odd that you do not appear to know much about her application

What other details do you have about the appoinment on 29th?
Did your g/f already submit her application?

VFS Global handles all UK Visa admin on behalf of UK Border Agency at the British Embassy in the Philippines.

She will not get an answer on the same day, as VFS does not decide on the VISA, that is done only by UKBA staff.

stevie c
23rd June 2011, 08:29
Hi tommo & welcome to this friendly informative forum :Wave:

scott&ligaya
23rd June 2011, 08:40
hi there and welcome to the forum...... you say she is your girlfriend but you are applying for spouse visa? seems odd, do you mean visit visa?

Bluebirdjones
23rd June 2011, 09:27
I assume he means fiance visa

bornatbirth
23rd June 2011, 11:54
hello there :Wave:

you need to be married for a spouse visa, have you made plans for this already :Erm:

marlyn&kenny
23rd June 2011, 16:18
welcome to the forum! its great site!!!:)

Arthur Little
23rd June 2011, 17:52
As others have already indicated, your partner needs to be ACTUALLY MARRIED to you, in order to submit an application for a Spousal Visa; however, a viable alternative would be for her to apply for a Fiancee Visa - valid for *6 months ... on the understanding that *this is the timeframe WITHIN which, the wedding must take place. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Farmerg
23rd June 2011, 18:50
:Hellooo::Wave:

Arthur Little
23rd June 2011, 19:04
my g/freind has an appointment at the british embassy on 29th june im confused does she get an answer that day on the visa or do we have to wait or does she leave the docs there and they contact her with an answer any help pls ty:

:rolleyes: See too ... the link provided by Terpe - explaining how the visa system operates.

Arthur Little
23rd June 2011, 19:09
:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... good luck, Tommo, and :welcomex: to our midst! :)

ConfusedMe
30th June 2011, 00:39
SIZE="2"]I just got my visa last month. After you submitted all your documents, VFS will just contact you if your visa is ready. They will return all the original documents together with the visa and passport. [/SIZE] :)