PDA

View Full Version : Ciao!

sweetnote143
24th June 2011, 09:05
Hi to all! :)

Glad that I stumble to this site coz I was almost at my wits end looking for some info my bf wants me to ask around.....growing up a sheltered life and nothing but the academe world in my mind I have no idea whom to ask because my own circle of friends and colleagues are clueless like me when it comes to dating foreign man. I've started reading some posts and I'm glad that I found this, seems like you got all the right info about dating, visa and all. I hope we can ask for advice when the time comes for me to apply for a visa....God bless to all the members here.

Ciao!

stevie c
24th June 2011, 09:07
Hi sweetnote welcome to this friendly forum

you have certainly come to the right place to find out all info you need :Hellooo:

sweetnote143
24th June 2011, 09:23
:) thanks, steve

Steve.r
24th June 2011, 09:49
Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will find help here Sweet' :Hellooo:

Steve

sweetnote143
24th June 2011, 09:59
:icon_lol: sorry, my bad, stevie....thanks, stevie and steve :)

March
24th June 2011, 10:03
Welcome on here. This is the place for visa info. :)

Terpe
24th June 2011, 10:22
Hello there sweetnote, welcome here.

You will find plenty of members here who are very open with great advice based on their actual experiences.

How long have you known your b/f?
Have you physically met so far?

Farmerg
24th June 2011, 19:32
:Hellooo::Wave:

sweetnote143
27th June 2011, 01:36
Hello there sweetnote, welcome here.

You will find plenty of members here who are very open with great advice based on their actual experiences.

How long have you known your b/f?
Have you physically met so far?

not for a long time, we've started chatting last December. he's planning to come here by November, if he really is that willing. I know it will be a long before I start thinking about visa but he's been asking me about requirements to apply for visa.....it's quite far from my mind coz for one thing we havent meet in person yet. i want to know him, who he is, in person. being together makes a lot of difference.

Terpe
27th June 2011, 09:05
not for a long time, we've started chatting last December. he's planning to come here by November, if he really is that willing. I know it will be a long before I start thinking about visa but he's been asking me about requirements to apply for visa.....it's quite far from my mind coz for one thing we havent meet in person yet. i want to know him, who he is, in person. being together makes a lot of difference.

If you both find the relationship is working well then I would suggest that you b/f visits Philippines to meet up. It's so much easier than for you to make application for a visit visa, these visa are notoriously problematic to secure.

I may sound a bit old-fashioned, but if and when you do meet up I suggest having a friend with you (almost like a chaperone). But anyway it's up to you.

sars_notd_virus
27th June 2011, 09:33

hi sweetnote welcome here!!

yes, meet the guy first and start from there.

british guys are very straightforward , its just a ''yes'' or a ''no'' for an answer,..lol i should know i married one:D:icon_lol:

goodluck to both of you and hope you find each other meant-to-be-together in the future.:heartshape1::heartshape1:

sweetnote143
27th June 2011, 09:44
british guys are very straightforward , its just a ''yes'' or a ''no'' for an answer,..lol i should know i married one:D:icon_lol:

goodluck to both of you and hope you find each other meant-to-be-together in the future.:heartshape1::heartshape1:

thanks, married one :) oh I forgot to mention that he is Italian who lives and works in UK.....I dont know much the difference but I expect a man to be straightforward coz I am... :)

Thanks, Terpe! I'll keep that in mind if he finally set the date when he'll visit me. :icon_lol: