PDA

View Full Version : do i have a chance to get a fiancée visa?

maryann
27th June 2011, 06:37
my boyfriend left me here in manila, 15 months ago now,and we lived together for 3 months before he left but my relationship with him is still going on through emails, text and calls every single day, i got emails everyday, text everyday and calls everyday..as if we never been apart :heartshape1::love:, its been too cost for him but he doesnt care ( he being paranoid not hearing my voice even for one day..hehehehe), he plan to come back last october 2010 but he was confined in the hospital 2 days before his flight back to manila:bigcry::bigcry: so i was really sad coz i been waiting for him for a long time, but now we decided that i better move to worcester, england and get married and apply for fiancee visa.. but im really confused and worried if i can get visa or not as my bf not with me for long time..i thank this forum coz it give so much advised...do i need to pursue my application but im afraid for the result that i might refused..:(

joebloggs
27th June 2011, 10:56
15 months is a long time, i think you could have a problem, might be wise for him to visit you again and wed in the phils or for him to come back and then apply for a fiancee visa..

but

Intervening Devotion If the applicant and sponsor have been separated for a lengthy period of time before the application is submitted (for example, longer than 3 or 4 months), then evidence of intervening devotion should be included. This would normally take the form of telephone records or other forms of electronic communication. If the couple have lived separately for a longer period, travel receipts can be used to show that contact has been continual and proportionate.

If a prolonged separation is the result of mobility issues (which would include military duties or other foreign assignments), this would take the form of assignment letters or similar documentation.

When submitting email or instant messenger logs, it is important to bear in mind that intervening devotion means evidence of contact and not an exhaustive transcript of each on-line session.

I think your taking a risk if he doesn't visit you again thou..