PDA

View Full Version : ILR - Section 10 - Documents (Further Advice Please)

Braveheart
28th June 2011, 12:00
Good day everyone! :) (It's a nice and sunny day here today in Edinburgh :xxgrinning--00xx3:)

In reference to the above subject, and in quoting below per UKBA

We need 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names.....The dates of the letters or documents should spread over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources.

Questions/For clarification:

1. 6 letters or documents - means 6 pieces of letters or documents?

2. We have 4 sets of documents on joint names per UKBA's acceptable lists (i.e. Council Tax, Joint Bank Account, Tenancy Agreement, and Gas/Electric Bill), would submitting more than 6 pieces and more than 3 sources be ok? Example:
a. Council Tax - (2 pcs)
b. Tenancy Agreement - (2 pcs)
c. Joint Bank Account Statement - (2 pcs)
d. Gas/Electric Bill - (2 pcs)
* spread throughout the 2 year period

3. We have other documents on separate names but in accordance to the UKBA acceptable lists too, would you advise for us to submit it too?

Just worried, don't know if I would strictly stick with the 6 PIECES OF DOCUMENTS WITH AT LEAST 3 SOURCES as per what they indicated in the application form or SUBMIT MORE.

Hope you can advise and share your personal experience/s.

Thank you for your time and looking forward to your valued response/s.

Best regards,

Moy
28th June 2011, 14:12
good question Braveheart:) am waiting for any answer:Wave:

Terpe
28th June 2011, 15:11
Braveheart,

1. Yes

2. You only need to submit 6 documents addressed jointly
But submitting say 8 documents would not be detrimental.
Your Docs look perfect

3. There's no requirement to do so

These documents are in support of the requirement that you have been living together
at the same address for the 2 years. As long as they do demonstrate that then all is well.

If you wish to submit more for your own piece-of-mind that's fine.
But you do not need to.

Under normal circumstances there would need to be some very serious non-compliance to lead to a refusal.

Don't forget that you can make the ILR application 28 days in advance of the end of the 24 months living in UK
qualifying period.

Don't forget Life In UK.

Braveheart
28th June 2011, 15:35
Thank you so much Terpe for your response! :)

Having said that, I can now start organizing the documents for photocopying. And yes with the pass notification letter of the Life in the UK exam included. :)

It's really good though, they have the checklist in the application form.

Thank you again for your time and advise. :)

Terpe
28th June 2011, 16:09
Thank you so much Terpe for your response! :)

Having said that, I can now start organizing the documents for photocopying. And yes with the pass notification letter of the Life in the UK exam included. :)

It's really good though, they have the checklist in the application form.

Thank you again for your time and advise. :)

Just take your time, be sure everything asked for is included, and all will be well no probs.

Good Luck for a speedy response to the ILR application :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Braveheart
28th June 2011, 21:45
Will do Terpe!:xxgrinning--00xx3: Maraming Salamat :)

Moy
29th June 2011, 12:13
Hiya Braveheart:)

sorry for intrustion in your thread but am curious :) you are not working right but your husband does?:) i assume and you'll be applying for ILR soon:)..is your husband receiving any public funds:rolleyes:..if so what are those..coz in the form as weve seen there are boxes there that need to tick if what benefits/public funds your partner/husband receiving..:):Wave:

Bluebirdjones
29th June 2011, 12:29
Moy.... chill out !

You don't need to do this until April next year.
By then either your circumstances could be greatly changed.... or they'll have changed the format of the ILR form ten times over !

Moy
29th June 2011, 12:39
hiya Bluebirdjones:)
thank you for chilling me out:xxgrinning--00xx3: am just that curious and knowing facts ahead of time to reduce the risk of disorganize:icon_lol:
btw again more power to this forum to the staff who always give a good advices/support:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Braveheart
29th June 2011, 21:34
Hi Moy,

Yes I know it's a question in the form. He is receiving Child Benefit and Child Tax Credit just recently (retroactive) since I just gave birth 5 months ago.

I don't know whether to view this as a problem and would potentially affect my application?

Dear moderators, is this something I should be worried about?

Please advise.

rusty
29th June 2011, 22:13
Hi Moy,

Yes I know it's a question in the form. He is receiving Child Benefit and Child Tax Credit just recently (retroactive) since I just gave birth 5 months ago.

I don't know whether to view this as a problem and would potentially affect my application?

Dear moderators, is this something I should be worried about?

Please advise.

Don't worry, there is no problem with your application if claiming child benefit or tax credits, as long as it is in your partners name. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
29th June 2011, 22:31
thanks for the inf Braveheart:)

Moy
29th June 2011, 22:31
Don't worry, there is no problem with your application if claiming child benefit or tax credits, as long as it is in your partners name. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks for the advise Rusty:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Braveheart
29th June 2011, 22:33
Thank you Rusty :)

Yes both are under my husband's. :)