PDA

View Full Version : Ready to file our Fiancee Application I Think

DavRog747
28th June 2011, 14:28
Guys.

We are about ready to file our Fiancee application for my fiancee Analyn to hopefully join me here in the UK. Just to be absolutely sure we have covered everything can you advise anything that may help us in that process.

One point that I guess I need to cover is I am 55 and she is just 22 but it really works for us, how best to cover that please ?

Finally I am assuming they will need originals of all the supporting documents which i am fine with except my passport where I will send a Lawyer verified copy, will that be ok ?

Can anyone recommend the best way and fastest way to get the documents there please ?

Many thanks in anticipation

DaveRog :)

Bluebirdjones
28th June 2011, 16:00
Re passport.

Take it along to a local solicitor's (along with some scanned copies of the relevant pages).

He'll validate / verify them ie you are who you say you are.
He'll charge you a fee.
You send the signed copies to the Philippines.

DHL is the best I've found ..... 3-5 days ..... and can track the package

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
28th June 2011, 16:03
DaveRog,

On the issue of being members of the May - December couples club you should not be concerned.

Immigration officials do not care about age gap in the relationship, but they do care about discovering potential visa fraud.

The visa application may or may not be scrutinised in great detail by the caseworker depending on the overall quality and compliance of the application.

Age difference on its own, will not form the basis of a refusal.
There would have to be other factors which would possibly make them believe that your relationship is one of convenience.

Concerning safe secure and fast delivery I always use DHL
Why not take a look here for cost and service comparison:-
http://www.interparcel.com/quote/courier-quote2.php

Correct, supporting docs should be original.
If you already had your passport pages notarised that's fine.
I think lots of people just send copies anyway.

I'm sure you know the real key issues with genuine and sustaining relationship, maintenance and accommodation and planning to get married and live together.
Don't forget you will need to actually get married and apply for FLR before the 6 months Fiancee visa expires.

Good luck with the application.

ybba
29th June 2011, 00:19
we did use DHL document express thru interparcel.com we were hesitant cuase it was our first time to use interparcel but lots of members here did. were so thnkfull we followed thier advice my document arrive safely with in 3 days from uk to phil.

joebloggs
29th June 2011, 00:57
Applicants/Sponsors with a large difference in ages The rules do not state that the applicant and sponsor must be within a certain age differential, but if there is a disproportionate age difference (for example, more than 25 - 30 years), additional care needs to be taken.

DavRog747
29th June 2011, 16:12
Re passport.

Take it along to a local solicitor's (along with some scanned copies of the relevant pages).

He'll validate / verify them ie you are who you say you are.
He'll charge you a fee.
You send the signed copies to the Philippines.

DHL is the best I've found ..... 3-5 days ..... and can track the package

Many thanks for the reply very helpful

DavRog747
29th June 2011, 16:13
Great advice as always Terpe thankyou

DavRog747
29th June 2011, 16:14
we did use DHL document express thru interparcel.com we were hesitant cuase it was our first time to use interparcel but lots of members here did. were so thnkfull we followed thier advice my document arrive safely with in 3 days from uk to phil.

Thank you for the advice :)

DavRog747
29th June 2011, 16:16
Applicants/Sponsors with a large difference in ages The rules do not state that the applicant and sponsor must be within a certain age differential, but if there is a disproportionate age difference (for example, more than 25 - 30 years), additional care needs to be taken.

Yes I was wondering if there are any others on this forum that have married with a 33 year age difference I am 55 she is 22

Terpe
29th June 2011, 16:26
DavRog
Are there are parts of the application that may be weak?
The statement highlighted is an indicator that extra scrutiny may be applied.
Are you sure that the relationship can be demonstrated as genuine.

Don't become overly anxious.
I'm sure that the ECO's are familiar with age gaps.

DavRog747
30th June 2011, 16:38
I think we are looking quite strong in all areas. I think there can be no doubt the relationship as evidenced by us meeting, photographs, daily proof of contact emails/chat sessions etc. Yes we are a little anxious as we desperately want to be together and marry.

Dedworth
30th June 2011, 16:40
Good luck !

stevie c
30th June 2011, 17:16
best wishes with your visa app :xxgrinning--00xx3:

DavRog747
1st July 2011, 14:30
Many thanks for the support

Lancashirelad
1st July 2011, 19:58
i used Fedex because the office was close to my fiancee's home, they took 4 days :)
I sent lawyer certified copies of birth certificate, passport, driving license, car registration, land registry docs. all were good quality color scanned copies. I sent around 45 photo's of us together and with family, plus maybe 60 pages of chat logs emails, screen prints, phone records ect. Our application took 25 days from submission to approval. Try to file you documents in the order they list them, also include a contents page. When you get to the submission office they will ask you if you have photocopies of all of the documentation!!!! We did our duplicates in advance but i believe you can do it at the submission :)

good luck!!!!
Good Luck