PDA

View Full Version : Shall I photocopy all the original photos that im going to submit to british embassy?

ann_barnett
3rd July 2011, 05:37
Hello everyone :Wave:

Im glad that i found this website which is really a great help to many aspiring spouses to join their better-half in the UK....

I met my husband when i accompanied my parents last year to their summer vacation in the UK... He was introduced to me by my brother-in-law in July 2010 then we left UK on October 1 of the same year... It's like a whirlwind romance... So our relationship continues even im already here in the Philippines... Our communication is via internet and mobile... Until December we have agreed over the internet that we would get married on April 16... So it was his first time to come here last April 2011 and we got married... He stayed here in the Philippines for 20days and went back again to England on April 23... And now planning to follow him before his birthday on October 31....

I took TOEIC last june 23 and passed the listening and reading test.. Im just waiting for the result of Speaking and writing which will be released on July 15... So while waiting for the result, i have started sorting out papers for my spouse visa application..

I have questions as I said that I'm gathering all the documents needed for settlement visa application... Here are my few questions...:Erm:

Shall i photocopy all the original photos to be submitted at the British embassy?

How shall i arrange the photos? Is it in a separate folder and photos are glued in white bond paper with labels on it? Or shall I submit a small album? Or just include them in documents? Do I need to label each picture, where and when?

How shall I print the chat logs? Is it by means of using screenshot? or any other way to print them properly?

I am just using a prepaid credit for mobile texting and very seldom we use mobile in calling as we're chatting everyday, how shall I present/print my text messages as evidence that aside from chatting, we're exchanging text messages?

Please advise... Many thanks in advance...

Ann:)

stevewool
3rd July 2011, 07:28
hi there and welcome, indeed this is a great site to help people and to make new friends too, yes i would photocopy all but keep them seperate, so 1 pile of oringinals and 1 pile of copies,the pictures make a album and write dates on the pages, helps you remember the great times also in the future,if you can print of your chats then do so but take so many days per week or month , good luck to you both:)

ann_barnett
3rd July 2011, 10:39
Thank you stevewool..:)

sars_notd_virus
3rd July 2011, 17:17
How shall i arrange the photos? Is it in a separate folder and photos are glued in white bond paper with labels on it? Or shall I submit a small album? Or just include them in documents? Do I need to label each picture, where and when?

download the settlement documents checklists in the ukba website ...Arrange your documents according to checklist,separate the originals from the photocopies(you dont need labels/folders/separators) make it neat and properly organize and review your documents a couple of times .

ConfusedMe
4th July 2011, 01:13
1. What I did with my photos is I just placed all them in one envelope. There's no need to give them a whole album, or put captions on it, or glue them in one paper. No need to label or anything. But if you wanna do it, you still can but i think it's too much.

2. There is this options in YM or Skype that records all your chats. I forgot how to do it. :Erm: But emails and letters are better, me thinks.

3. In my case, I didn't present any text messages at all. But you can still do it if you want to give them more proof.

4. UKBA website can always provide you the complete checklist. Just download it from there. What i did is I sent them an email and they replied to me all the necessary things I need to do: how to pay, how to book appointment, documents checklist and everything else.

Good luck to your application Ann :)

And P.S. Photocopy everything!. As in Everything! :Hellooo:
Hello everyone :Wave:

I have questions as I said that I'm gathering all the documents needed for settlement visa application... Here are my few questions...:Erm:

Shall i photocopy all the original photos to be submitted at the British embassy?

How shall I print the chat logs? Is it by means of using screenshot? or any other way to print them properly?

I am just using a prepaid credit for mobile texting and very seldom we use mobile in calling as we're chatting everyday, how shall I present/print my text messages as evidence that aside from chatting, we're exchanging text messages?

Please advise... Many thanks in advance...

ann_barnett
4th July 2011, 02:26
1. What I did with my photos is I just placed all them in one envelope. There's no need to give them a whole album, or put captions on it, or glue them in one paper. No need to label or anything. But if you wanna do it, you still can but i think it's too much.

2. There is this options in YM or Skype that records all your chats. I forgot how to do it. :Erm: But emails and letters are better, me thinks.

3. In my case, I didn't present any text messages at all. But you can still do it if you want to give them more proof.

4. UKBA website can always provide you the complete checklist. Just download it from there. What i did is I sent them an email and they replied to me all the necessary things I need to do: how to pay, how to book appointment, documents checklist and everything else.

Good luck to your application Ann :)

And P.S. Photocopy everything!. As in Everything! :Hellooo:

Thank you ConfusedMe... Very informative... Wow I really thank God that i came across to this site as a lot of very helpful people are in here...

God speed and more power...

ann_barnett
4th July 2011, 02:28
download the settlement documents checklists in the ukba website ...Arrange your documents according to checklist,separate the originals from the photocopies(you dont need labels/folders/separators) make it neat and properly organize and review your documents a couple of times .

Thank you sars_notd_virus....

laurel
4th July 2011, 06:02
We photocopied everything...regarding chat logs etc, I think we only gave 4/5 emails, but the dates were important as it was over a couple of yrs timeframe
Just go through everything methodically , follow the list of docs to the letter, try to make everything as clear and neat as poss. Just make sure you dot every I and cross every T
Good luck:xxgrinning--00xx3:

ann_barnett
4th July 2011, 08:55
Thank laurel..

\\\\ToNy////
7th July 2011, 15:35
just a quik question, how many conversations per month should be printed:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
3rd August 2011, 12:57
Hi

This is a question I would like to know the answer to, Tony. If we printed all of our logs then we would need a truck to carry them all. One days worth can be up to 30 pages of A4 !!:D

Anybody know the answer to this one?

Thanks

imagine
3rd August 2011, 14:42
Hi

This is a question I would like to know the answer to, Tony. If we printed all of our logs then we would need a truck to carry them all. One days worth can be up to 30 pages of A4 !!:D

Anybody know the answer to this one?

Thanks

you dont need to have all of the chat logs, you might find some answers here http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/14544-Printing-from-Yahoo-archive?highlight=printing

lastlid
21st August 2011, 15:38
I have only known my wife since early march 2011. In the end I printed off a full days worth of YM chat for one sample day a week, since we met.

In YM I pressed the save button which created a text file then printed the text file.

My only misgiving is the chat isnt dated like it is in Skype. I hope it will be ok for that. I wrote the dates at the head of each days worth on the first page. (Sometimes the dates are reasonably obvious to the reader as they tied in with visits and plans of ours).

I did also include prints from a small selection of email exchanges and some printed Skype material in our box of papework for VFS.

But we mainly used Yahoo Messenger as our medium of communication.

Also sent 46 photos of us both together for two visits to the Philippines in June and April 2011

It remains to be seen if it is adequate or not.....