PDA

View Full Version : UK English Language test

sjoynu
17th July 2011, 20:36
:doh hello everyone im stephanie i just joined this furom today..anyway...i just want to hear your advice.Im came in the UK as a Fiancee.weve just got married last July 24 and now applying for a UK spouse visa.Im just confused about the english language test...Is it ok to submit only the Statement of results ..without the certificates?The story is like this i take language test in Cambridge ESoL...my test centre is in Manchester.At first Manchester test centre set me a test last June 25 but for the reason that thier computer did noty function the exam was cancelled and give us a apology letter of what happen and set a new date which is too late July8 and the result will get at July 22.as this i am worried coz its possible i would not get my certificate when we will submit my application and my Visa expires on August 15 2011...Now im worried if they will accept the statement of result that i pass even without the certificate as for that reason its the exam centres fault that the computer did not function and as we booked Esol because of the UK new list approved test centre and we have no option as were struggling to get an exam date.Please...please..i need an advice..thank you very much

Terpe
17th July 2011, 20:45
:doh hello everyone im stephanie i just joined this furom today..anyway...i just want to hear your advice.Im came in the UK as a Fiancee.weve just got married last July 24 and now applying for a UK spouse visa.Im just confused about the english language test...Is it ok to submit only the Statement of results ..without the certificates?The story is like this i take language test in Cambridge ESoL...my test centre is in Manchester.At first Manchester test centre set me a test last June 25 but for the reason that thier computer did noty function the exam was cancelled and give us a apology letter of what happen and set a new date which is too late July8 and the result will get at July 22.as this i am worried coz its possible i would not get my certificate when we will submit my application and my Visa expires on August 15 2011...Now im worried if they will accept the statement of result that i pass even without the certificate as for that reason its the exam centres fault that the computer did not function and as we booked Esol because of the UK new list approved test centre and we have no option as were struggling to get an exam date.Please...please..i need an advice..thank you very much

Sorry to say this but you have really confused me. Maybe I already had too many beers on this wonderful karaoke night.
But how did you get to UK on a finacee visa WITHOUT ALREADY having an English test pass certificate?
Normally, passing the English Language test is a compulsary part of VISA APPLICATION.

Or have I completely misunderstood ?

You only need to take this English Test one time. This is upon entry to UK since last November 2010
Are you now applying for FLR (Further Leave To Remain)?

sjoynu
17th July 2011, 21:06
:) the story is like this i applied Uk fiancee visa in Philippines on October 2010 and i came here on March 2011 and the English requirements was started on November 2011 which is after i got my visa.now i already get married here with a british citizen and will aplly a UK spouse visa....and in that i should take the english language test...and i already took an exam last July and the problem is would it be ok to sent only the English language test Statement of result which i pass even without the English language certificate?

Terpe
17th July 2011, 21:08
:) the story is like this i applied Uk fiancee visa in Philippines on October 2010 and i came here on March 2011 and the English requirements was started on November 2011 which is after i got my visa.now i already get married here with a british citizen and will aplly a UK spouse visa....and in that i should take the english language test...and i already took an exam last July and the problem is would it be ok to sent only the English language test Statement of result which i pass even without the English language certificate?

Technically, only a pass certificate from an approved provider/awarding body will do.

sjoynu
17th July 2011, 21:09
hello terpe.sjoynu

the story is like this i applied Uk fiancee visa in Philippines on October 2010 and i came here on March 2011 and the English requirements was started on November 2010 which is after i got my visa.now i already get married here with a british citizen and will aplly a UK spouse visa....and in that i should take the english language test...and i already took an exam last July and the problem is would it be ok to sent only the English language test Statement of result which i pass even without the English language certificate?

sjoynu
17th July 2011, 21:15
Omg...so they wont accept my statement of result that i pass?..im just worried because my visa will expire on August 15 2011 and Cambridge Esol certificates will issued 2 to 3 months after i get the result...:doh:doh

Terpe
17th July 2011, 21:23
Please Please double check with UKBA/Home office.

Here is what the FLR application form states:-
From 29 November 2010, a person who applies to enter or remain in the UK as a spouse, civil partner, fiancé(e), or proposed civil partner, unmarried partner or same sex partner of a British citizen or person settled in the UK is, unless they are exempted from the requirement, required to show that they can speak and understand English. If you are not a national of a majority English-speaking country (see Note 1 below) you will need to pass an acceptable English language test with a test provider approved by the UK Border Agency for this purpose (see Note 3 below), or to produce specified evidence that you have an academic qualification which is deemed to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s degree in the UK (see Note 2 below)

I'm sure you need a PASS CERTIFICATE but please check.
You still have some time to do something.
Whatever happens please DO NOT OVERSTAY and tthink it's OK. It's not

jon richard
17th July 2011, 21:26
hi....just for my two pence worth...
When you take any of these tests such as life in the UK....the certificate is given at the end ..on passing.....
If you took it and passed it there can be no problem with getting a certificate

You must have their phone number ????.....

sjoynu
17th July 2011, 21:30
yeah..im not overstaying coz ill send my apllication on August 8 before my visa expires even without my certificte..ill submit only the statement of result that i pass and a letter from test centre that its not my fault that i got my certificate delayed because of the cancellation of the exam.....im just really hoping....(sigh):doh

sjoynu
17th July 2011, 21:31
:bigcry: that makes me worried more :bigcry:

sjoynu
17th July 2011, 21:34
@ John richard...im not taking the Life of the UK test..im taking the English language test A1. which is listening ang speaking test and my evidence that i have is only a "statement of result that i pass the exam" and without the certificate coz..it will come late:doh

jon richard
17th July 2011, 21:43
i used that as an example.....these centres are government run they cant not refuse to give you the certificate you are entitled you have...

Terpe
17th July 2011, 21:47
@ John richard...im not taking the Life of the UK test..im taking the English language test A1. which is listening ang speaking test and my evidence that i have is only a "statement of result that i pass the exam" and without the certificate coz..it will come late:doh

If you took the test and passed you need to get the pass certificate. Call the company and get the pass certificate.
Without a pass confirmation/certificate your FLR will be REFUSED. Believe me. It has happened before and been reported on this forum.
UKBA/HO will state you have had plenty of time to comply.
You need to take action ASAP (tomorrow -- Monday)
Contact your Test Centre/Test provider and get your pass certificate.
Contact UKBA/HO
Contact a test centre here in UK and get it done very quick at all costs. PLEASE

sjoynu
17th July 2011, 21:48
hello jon.yes they will give us the certificate but it will come late as the cambridge ESOL certificate will get 2 to three months and i just took the test This month.
and my visa expiry would be this August so i can only give them my statement of result which came from the test centre which stated that i pass the exam...But without the certificate as it get after 2 to 3 months...:bigcry::bigcry::doh

Terpe
17th July 2011, 21:50
i used that as an example.....these centres are government run they cant not refuse to give you the certificate you are entitled you have...

Agreed, IF the test was taken!!
Seems this may not have been the case.
Also may be test centre in Pinas, I don't understand

sjoynu
17th July 2011, 21:56
now i dont know already if i still continue to submit my apllication even without the certifiacte...im so worried...:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

sjoynu
17th July 2011, 22:00
actually if The UK think that we have a lot of time to get it then why they change a new list of approved exam centres we wouldnt be struggling to take and look a test centre..which give the certificate very quick.

Terpe
17th July 2011, 22:10
.....these centres are government run ......

Not so mate, I'm afraid.
Still need to get a pass certificate OR have in writing that UKBA will accept a written statement from the test provider/awarding body that the test is passed to A1 level.

Make no mistake, the UKBA will refuse FLR without compliance.
sjoynu, do as I suggest in my earlier posting