PDA

View Full Version : Cni appointment need help pls!!!

ann_barnett
18th July 2011, 04:18
Hi John,
Please click or copy and paste and browse the link below as it may help you to find more detailed information regarding CNI....

My husband got his CNI in the UK and it would be released after 21days of posting then he sent to me the original copy of his CNI and scanned copy of his passort and exchanged it with local CNI at the British embassy Manila. But as far as i remember i didnt book for an appoinment for that... But I am sure that when you are a British and you want get your local CNI hereat British Embassy Manila then you will be required too stay in in the Philippines for 21days...

Please browse the address bellow for more information...

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/births-deaths-marriages-civil/marriage-and-civil-partnerships/CNI-nulla-ostas

Best of luck..

Ann:)

BoholoX
18th July 2011, 04:29
John

You've been unlucky the appointment system only came in on 1st of July. I got mine in Sept 2010 and just had to turn up early to secure one of the first appointments. 21 day posting still applies before collection of the CNI.

BoholoX
18th July 2011, 04:47
You also need to have been here 21 days before applying, so 42 days from arrival to getting the CNI in your hand. Straight to civil register who also have to post it for 10 days. Hope that doesnt mess up your plans but it sounds like it has.

aryM
18th July 2011, 07:25
My husband did not booked an appointement at the UK Embassy in Manila when we had his CNI exchanged for Phil version.

BoholoX
18th July 2011, 07:43
John

That sounds better but as I say this appointment system has only been in place for a couple of weeks, prehaps you are the guinea pig.......let us all know how long it takes you from email to appointment time...

Manila.ConsAppointment@fco.gov.uk

mylittleuk
18th July 2011, 15:54
Hi guys thanks for the reply I am already here in the Phils I have my CNI got this my local registry in UK just wanted to change for CENOMAR but in the British Embassy in Manila turn me away becoz I didnt have any appointment 1st does anyone know how it takes to get the appointment?
John & Maricris

HI John:Wave:, Boholcs is right about the recent appointment system before you show up there. Please note:

"From 1st of July 2011, applicants must make an appointment before attending the British Embassy Manila. Please send an e-mail to Manila.ConsAppointment@fco.gov.uk "

My husband had his local copy right after the next working day, I am just not sure now if you can still get it that fast.
I hope that helps.:)

Maria B
18th July 2011, 16:38
Hiya John,

My husband got his CNI from the Honorary Consul in Cebu City http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/find-an-embassy/asia-and-oceania/hon-consul-cebu

My Dad who works in a Travel Agency reminded me to book (now my) hubby an appointment ahead before he comes to Cebu City. And it saves our time as we both planned it all with the help of my Dad who is familiar about it.

But as I read some of the members replies, there's a lot of changes. You may check this out : http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-the-philippines/how-to-apply-for-a-cni/

Wish u all the luck!:Wave:

Maria B
18th July 2011, 16:46
Hi guys thanks for the reply I am already here in the Phils I have my CNI got this my local registry in UK just wanted to change for CENOMAR but in the British Embassy in Manila turn me away becoz I didnt have any appointment 1st does anyone know how it takes to get the appointment?
John & Maricris

for your enquiry:
http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-the-philippines/how-to-apply-for-a-cni/

or u may contact them for your questions:
http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/our-embassy/contact-us
:Wave::)

Arthur Little
18th July 2011, 18:37
Oh, John ... what a bombshell! As others have said, it used to be the case that you could simply turn up and have your CNI exchanged within an hour of presenting it ... providing you arrived early enough of a morning. I, myself, was one of those able to have it done this way - back in November 2008. I had been aware that, more recently, applicants needed to call back next day to collect ... but never knew (until now) the rules had been changed [again!] to operate an Appointments' System effective from the beginning of this month! :NoNo:

Arthur Little
18th July 2011, 19:26
here in Phils.

Whereabouts exactly are you in the Phils ... NOW ? :rolleyes: ... if you happen to still be in Manila, couldn't you go back to the Embassy to explain your situation? If not - and it means having to travel there again specially, to do so - then ... sure ... use one or more of the links others have provided. But either way, try to emphasise the inconvenience it's causing you in having to alter your plans; hopefully, staff will be sympathetic in the circumstances, and agree to see you sooner rather than later.

And, John ... please keep us informed of the outcome of any negotiations. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

guyki
18th July 2011, 22:00
wow thats a bummer when i went to the Embassy begining of June i also just turned up on the day and when they checked my documents i asked politely if i could have it the same day as we wanted to travel back to Mindoro i was told to call back at 3.00pm and when i spoke to the lady she advised me the Legal Capacity was ready to be picked up

But sounds like they're getting alot stricter now

Arthur Little
21st July 2011, 15:38
to say upset was an understatment.

I'll bet ...

the guard at the gate gave us a web address to look at it pointed us to an email where maricris made the appointment on the 18th of july

... :rolleyes: ...

that evening we got a reply to attend appointment the day after at 10.30.
we gave in the documents they wanted and within 10 mins came back with the cenomar.

... thankfully, you've managed to get it [eventually] ... albeit not without parting :REGamblMoney01HL1: with a small fortune for the exchange (an unjustifiable expense in my opinion!) and having to contend with the worry and hassle involving the Embassy's :crazy: working arrangements.

Steve.r
21st July 2011, 15:58
Glad you got it sorted now. Now the ten day wait for your special day :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
21st July 2011, 16:15
having to contend with the worry and hassle involving the Embassy's :crazy: working arrangements.

Mind you :rolleyes: ... it seems to be the same problem :angry: with :censored: Embassies the world over! :yeahthat:

Terpe
21st July 2011, 18:22
maricris and john
hi to everyone many thanks for your replys
we are here in tacloban city was in manila at the british embassy got there and like we said we was turned back to say upset was an understatment.
the guard at the gate gave us a web address to look at it pointed us to an email where maricris made the appointment on the 18th of july that evening we got a reply to attend appointment the day after at 10.30.
we gave in the documents they wanted and within 10 mins came back with the cenomar.
we were happy.
that is how it went for us
hope anyone else has better luck than we did
thanks everyone it is great to know no matter were we are in this world we can get great advice from good friends.

Thanks for updating us all John :xxgrinning--00xx3:

So glad that you got everything sorted out in good time. Well done both :xxgrinning--00xx3:

BoholoX
22nd July 2011, 01:18
Excellent news John, I've always been impressed by the UK Embassy here (with I suppose only the Philippines to compare it with :icon_lol:) Good luck for your future together :Jump: