PDA

View Full Version : Just found this on you tube

les_taxi
18th July 2011, 18:14
It's a 60s pop channel showing lots of rare unseen video and footage can't stop watching it:xxgrinning--00xx3:
It's made my night finding this:Jump:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SixtiesPopGold

grahamw48
18th July 2011, 18:50
Excellent ! Thanks Les. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

youtube really is one of the best things to come out of the net.

Terpe
18th July 2011, 21:05
It's a 60s pop channel showing lots of rare unseen video and footage can't stop watching it:xxgrinning--00xx3:
It's made my night finding this:Jump:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SixtiesPopGold

It's made my night too
Thanks for that great link les :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I've been playing around with the associated links for over an hour and found some absolute gems.

Music can have some real power to conjure up emotions and memories.
Here's one that really holds some special memories

kG0_vbM918Y

les_taxi
18th July 2011, 21:10
Yes it's fantastic to see some of your favourite songs and ones you have maybe forgotton again:)

It really does take you back in time and to a very happy place:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
18th July 2011, 21:18
before i was born...any thing more upto date :Erm:

les_taxi
18th July 2011, 21:34
before i was born...any thing more upto date :Erm:

Nah you missed all the good stuff
You still got all the Stock/Aitken/Waterman stuff tho:laugher:

bornatbirth
18th July 2011, 21:39
to young for the 70's, well i remember some but the 80's wasnt so bad.

grahamw48
18th July 2011, 23:36
Terpe, I love that Amen Corner song too, and it's one that I bought.

Great memories from just after I moved to York.

Girls at the youth club, parties, my first experience of live band concerts too...like The Move and Status Quo. :)

Pete/London
19th July 2011, 00:35
Left school at 15 in 1962 and then went on some of the best years of my life.
A few of my mates had Elizabethen tape recorders as we couldnt afford to buy records and then on to the so called portable record players.
When I broke up with my first girlfriend she sent me Dionne Warwick..Walk On By

First record I bought was C`mon by the Stones and Needlers and Pins..Searchers.

Then started to go to the all nighter clubs, Flamingo, Scene, Last Chance, Beat City and the Le Discotheque also in Wardour Street. Normal greeting in the middle of the night was Hi Phil, Dave, etc... got any gear? happy pills 6p double blues 9p old money and they used to charge 2/6 for a bottle of pepsi

See what old music does..I get maudlin :icon_lol:

grahamw48
19th July 2011, 00:48
First records I bought (3 for £1 token) were Rolling Stones 'All Over Now', Kinks 'You really Got Me' and Four Seasons 'Rag Doll'. :)

Still got them all, and what great taste I had. :D

les_taxi
19th August 2011, 20:40
Found another of my fav's from the 70s-this got me into Disco big time also his version of young and in love
JsaxiFd3AdM&feature=related
qx00PVT8KPo

grahamw48
19th August 2011, 23:33
Ooh, I was just thinking of this one I bought back in the 60s...soon after moving to York. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTjd6DDMOzA&feature=related

Doc Alan
19th August 2011, 23:52
I'm surprised you missed these :- http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/33092-New-lyrics-for-ageing-baby-boomers-(-who-can-copy-and-paste-)-!

grahamw48
20th August 2011, 00:46
I thought they were amusing Doc, but quite honestly I don't associate myself with an image of being old...or past it.

My memories just go back a long way, but I'm just as interested and involved both physically and mentally with what is happening NOW, and certainly enjoy the latest music too. :)

les_taxi
20th August 2011, 08:09
I thought they were amusing Doc, but quite honestly I don't associate myself with an image of being old...or past it.

My memories just go back a long way, but I'm just as interested and involved both physically and mentally with what is happening NOW, and certainly enjoy the latest music too. :)

Me too Graham,I love the old stuff it can't be beat but some new music is good too and fun:icon_lol:
KlyXNRrsk4A&ob=av3e

Doc Alan
20th August 2011, 08:34
Same here :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Maria B
21st August 2011, 00:06
I love music from the 60's/ even 70's...why? it is what I always heard from my big brothers & sisters way back home in our karaoke/videoke session. I feel embarassed as long time ago, I thought they were american singers :Cuckoo: Until I meet my husband & all he can say was :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo: even thought Phil Collins, Rod Stewart...& even some of the songs like "to sir with love" thought it's bl**dy american thingy. Oh Philippines, too much americanize adaptation lols.:Cuckoo: The only british singer/ group that I knew when I was little was "the beatles".... didn't even thought that Tom Jones is Welsh....oh I'm so embarassed. :Rasp:

grahamw48
21st August 2011, 00:37
Shirley Bassey, Beatles (including Paul McCartney and John Lennon of course), Rolling Stones, The Who, BeeGees, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple ('Smoke on the Water') Led Zeppelin, Elton John, Billy Idol, Eric Clapton, Thin Lizzie, David Bowie, Queen, Sex Pistols, Sting (from the 'Police'), George Michael (from 'Wham'), Pet Shop Boys, Iron Maiden, Motorhead.

More recently Oasis, Radiohead, Blur, Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys, Dido, Manic Street Preachers, Franz Ferdinand, Fat Boy Slim, Basement Jaxx, Muse.....and lots lots more. :)

Maria B
21st August 2011, 00:48
yeah Graham, lots of wicked english singers/ group band. My hubby wondered why me (& the family) knows them & their songs. lols. But the family loves them & I love Dido, coldplay, sting, black sabbath, led zeppelin, pink floyd, The Who, Eric Clapton,....mostly all that you mentioned above are very famous in the Philippines. In the 80's as I love 80's, duran2x was famous too but was over powered by Madonna & Michael Jackson. I also love Rihanna's r&b style.:Wave:

grahamw48
21st August 2011, 01:07
While I can listen and dance to this I will never grow old ! :egyptian:

Last time we lived in the Phils, in our house I had a sound system that I bought from a night club :icon_lol:, and I used to have this blasting out all the time. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znlFu_lemsU&ob=av2e

Maria B
21st August 2011, 01:18
:icon_lol::icon_lol:that's cool graham...me & my mates in 'Pinas always sing that thingy in videoke:icon_lol::icon_lol: we had a mobile system at home. from the 80's my brothers run a mobile sound sytem for hire like disco's/ fiesta's/ xmas parties to schools & companies to north & sound of Cebu even reach Leyte. But when they got married, we sold some of our 12 bigs speaker box & some mobile sound equipment. We maintain a few for our personal use like disco lights, music box & speakers....So at home, we always have this full blast sounds :icon_lol: glad the nieghbours didn't throw us tomatoes :icon_lol::icon_lol:

grahamw48
21st August 2011, 09:58
Actually that's one of my favourite aspects of Filipino life.

You put some good loud music on, and instead of sending the police like happens in England, you will find some people dancing in the street outside your gate. :icon_lol:

For me, that makes up for all the barking dogs, crowing fighting cocks, and noisy trikes.

That spirit of FUN. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Neu75
24th August 2011, 17:53
That was fun.

Tawi2
24th August 2011, 17:57
Mary Jane Blige is rocking ;)

Neu75
24th August 2011, 18:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&v=A2zKARkpDW4

Jump, go on don't be scared.
Google Joseph Kittinger
Boards Of Canada is great too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
24th August 2011, 23:35
Amazing. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm assuming that's the guy who has the sky-diving height record ? :)

Neu75
25th August 2011, 09:19
Yes graham48

from 102,800 feet (31,300 m) :Cuckoo:

Neu75
25th August 2011, 10:17
Hello graham48, I hated disco music in the 70s but music like Mary J. Blige is great.

grahamw48
25th August 2011, 10:17
I wonder at what height he changed back into a human from a ball of ice. :icon_lol:

Neu75
25th August 2011, 10:28
Can I edit my posts later