PDA

View Full Version : Quite worried about the English Test

Lady_Ivy
21st July 2011, 08:53
Hi..I am currently working here in Thailand..I am planning to launch my application in the Philippines as soon as I pass the English requirement test and get the certificates..I took the TOEIC test yesterday (Listening and Reading) and the earliest schedule for Speaking and Writing is on the 6th of August..Are there any members here who took the test to a different country and applied their visa in PI? I read from this website (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/aboutus/features/englishlangrequirementpartners)

the guidance for applicants on English requirement for partners the question and answer below however I am still worried that VFS-Philippines wont accept my TOEIC Certificates....If there is someone here who has the same concern as I am pls I need an assurance that they will do.Many thanks to everyone..

Can I take a test in a different country to the one in which I live?
Yes. Applicants may wish to consider checking on test dates with test providers in neighbouring countries. The test does not have to be taken in the country you live or make the entry clearance application.

Lady_Ivy
21st July 2011, 09:22
Yes there is...I already called VFS-Thailand however my work permit will expire on September so they can't accept my application..My school won't renew it anymore coz they know I'm leaving..:(

hawk
21st July 2011, 09:26
i think if its done correctly by a credited test firm then cant see why they wont accept your test you cant always be at your home country contact vfs they should be able give advice or tou can type ielts test on computer and you can get free test and other advice on it i did it for my fiancee

Lady_Ivy
21st July 2011, 09:35
Thanks Reideza and Hawk...The test that I took yesterday is from a credited firm and is in the list of UKBA..Yeah and its clearly written in their guidelines that applicants can take anywhere...I even considered taking the PEARSONS Test in Hongkong on the 28th coZ it says in just 5 days you can get the result...Sigh..Im just quite anxious with all these visa processes...

Arthur Little
21st July 2011, 13:10
The test that I took yesterday is from a credited firm and is in the list of UKBA..Yeah and its clearly written in their guidelines that applicants can take anywhere...I even considered taking the PEARSONS Test in Hongkong on the 28th coZ it says in just 5 days you can get the result...Sigh.. Im just quite anxious with all these visa processes...

Try to relax, Ivy ... IMO, your standard of English is excellent, and you're sure to come out 'tops'! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
21st July 2011, 13:43
As long as the test and provider appears on the UKBA latest listing.
See here:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/new-approved-english-tests.pdf

Lady_Ivy
21st July 2011, 14:24
Try to relax, Ivy ... IMO, your standard of English is excellent, and you're sure to come out 'tops'! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you for boosting my confidence Arthur Little..Actually I took the same test two years ago and I got quite a high mark but I'm still worried..You know how policies in the Philippines work sometimes...Oh well I think I will just take the test here on Aug 6 while still working here...

Lady_Ivy
21st July 2011, 14:33
As long as the test and provider appears on the UKBA latest listing.
See here:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/new-approved-english-tests.pdf

Thank you Terpe for the link. Yeah TOEIC is in the list of accepted English test both in VFS-Thailand and Philippines so I think I will be fine..Good luck to me...Hehehe..Gonna launch my application maybe last week of August...That is if I pass the exam...:) Oh by the way do you have idea about Public TOEIC Listening and Reading Test? Here it is scheduled once a month the same with the Public TOEIC Speaking and Writing..Because yesterday after I took the exam, the examiner told me I should have taken that Public TOEIC L&R instead of taking the TOEIC Classic one then take also the Public TOEIC S& W...Wahh Im confused..But in the end one examinee there said that the Classic one is still accepted..