PDA

View Full Version : Playing the waiting game...

tone
22nd July 2011, 10:50
Hi Chaps

Probably a really stupid question...

My Mahal signed up for SMS alerts so that when a decision is made for the visa she will be told by email/sms.

Do the notices come out at any time of the day or is it typically end of the day when all the SMS/Emails are sent out with updates..

You can call me impatient! and that's really what I am! :doh

Its only been 5 days and I am going mad already... but we've been apart 10 weeks and a day now and its very very frustrating.

Thanks

Tone

Arthur Little
22nd July 2011, 12:34
Do the notices come out at any time of the day or is it typically end of the day when all the SMS/Emails are sent out with updates..

Difficult to say, Tone :rolleyes: ... especially when dealing with two markedly-different time zones ...

Arthur Little
22nd July 2011, 13:05
Hi Chaps

... and NO ... it's NOT such a daft question :nono-1-1: ...

Its only been 5 days and I am going mad already... but we've been apart 10 weeks and a day now and its very very frustrating.

... indeed, it's perfectly normal to feel "keyed-up", impatient and frustrated in stressful situations like this. I felt EXACTLY the same emotions as you do now ... right from DAY 1 !

tone
22nd July 2011, 13:22
Hey Arthur
Thanks - its been a long drawn out process mainly because of the TOEIC exams had they been passed in May she probably would have been here, but failing the Speaking test, waiting 3 weeks for the retake and then a further 3 weeks for the result has dragged this out.

Cheers
Tone

Terpe
22nd July 2011, 19:42
I know just how tough and stressful it can be Tone. All I can say is try to remain calm,
whatever happens you have plenty of friends and good support here to see you through.
Still early days yet.
I feel sure everything is good. From what you previously posted it's difficult to find an obvious reason for refusal.
Stay positive mate. You're an honest and genuine couple. In principle the ECO is there to help you, not to scrutinise every possible way to refuse.

guyki
22nd July 2011, 21:26
Hi Chaps

My Mahal signed up for SMS alerts so that when a decision is made for the visa she will be told by email/sms.

Thanks

Tone

LOL and here i was thinking I'm the only one Tone my mahal also lodged the application on the 18th July and the waiting game is tedious to say the least

Its hard to stay positive when you have so many thoughts running through your head we've been apart 7weeks now but it seems forever

Anyway good luck with your application mate

tone
23rd July 2011, 00:36
Hey thanks!
I seem to have too much stress, I'm moving house in a few weeks, just started a more stressful job on a secondment basi at work and to be honest in chilled just really frustrated.
The days are going quit quick it's just that I've been spoiled working out there and my Mahal being with me 24/7.

I know everyone on here has gone through and is going through this process.

I was wondering how many ECO's there are? There are over a 1000 applications a month does anyone know how they are divided or how it's arranged? I'm just wondering.:)

Tone

mylittleuk
23rd July 2011, 04:27
Hey thanks!
I seem to have too much stress, I'm moving house in a few weeks, just started a more stressful job on a secondment basi at work and to be honest in chilled just really frustrated.
The days are going quit quick it's just that I've been spoiled working out there and my Mahal being with me 24/7.

I know everyone on here has gone through and is going through this process.

I was wondering how many ECO's there are? There are over a 1000 applications a month does anyone know how they are divided or how it's arranged? I'm just wondering.:)

Tone

Hi Tone

You are not ALONE on this!

While my husband is very confident and positive that I will get the VISA, I just couldn't get my self relaxed waiting for it!:doh :bigcry:

I lodged mine July 15 and like you I really wish we could all get the VISA granted so we can move on with our lives.....

I know it's only normal to feel this way, but It's sickening...really:NoNo:, I already doubled my daily cup of coffee every morning just to have more time thinking about it..:Erm:

Let us post here if ever we have good feedback already... And I will do the same If I get mine...

Good luck to us! Tone and Guyki :grouphug:

tone
27th July 2011, 08:45
We received a msg from UKBAtis morning saying that thealicationi being assessed and that its peak time right now so applicationprocessing times are varied! I guess until now its been sittingin a pile and now its actually being reviewed..
Tone

tone
27th July 2011, 08:46
We received a msg from UKBAtis morning saying that thealicationi being assessed and that its peak time right now so applicationprocessing times are varied! I guess until now its been sittingin a pile and now its actually being reviewed..
Tone

tone
27th July 2011, 08:49
Sorryfordouble replytheblackberryis notgood on these forums!

scott&ligaya
27th July 2011, 09:32
one step forward at least.... hopefully not long to go good luck again

des.allright
27th July 2011, 10:55
Don't worry Tone..me too was patiently waiting..Lodge my application last July 6 but up to now no update yet but we got to sms and emails telling me that

An auto e-mail will be generated to inform you when the application is returned and is available for collection at the application Centre or is being couriered back to you.
Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Good things come to those who wait patiently.

Lets enjoy while waiting..Good Luck! :)

The Wurzel
27th July 2011, 13:59
Hi there guys........

I would like to say that I understand exactly how you feel...

We applied for my partners unmarried spouse visa on 30 June.........we received our visa on 15 July.

When it is ready you will be notifioed by sms....The embassy give best sms it will state "your visa is being sent to visa office" however the two sms you receive from visa office just inform you the application has been processed and has been returned......the secret is in the first message when it says your visa is being delivered.

Stuart

tone
27th July 2011, 15:26
So whilst not thinking negatively what do they say if the the visa is not issued?

Fingers crossed for all!

Cheers for your replies.
Tone

guyki
27th July 2011, 19:13
So whilst not thinking negatively what do they say if the the visa is not issued?

Fingers crossed for all!

Cheers for your replies.
Tone

Hey Tone - same here mate the missus got an auto-text this morning so i guess just wait and pray now

guess_shery
5th September 2011, 08:42
Hi everyone..I'm shery.. I just wanna ask if u already heard anything from ur application? because I apply for fiancee last 17 of aug. and havent heard anything too.
Tone, my fiancee is from Mk too. I was living there with him last time with a different visa category.

guyki
5th September 2011, 20:35
Hi everyone..I'm shery.. I just wanna ask if u already heard anything from ur application? because I apply for fiancee last 17 of aug. and havent heard anything too.
Tone, my fiancee is from Mk too. I was living there with him last time with a different visa category.

Hi Guess_shery my wife submitted her spouse application on the 18 july and she got her her visa on the 12 aug,so 3 1/2 weeks it took but everyones case is different some may be quick & some make take longer,you just need to keep positive and Im sure you'll be celebrating soon