PDA

View Full Version : applying for ILR

nize
26th July 2011, 11:36
Hi everyone I am just new on this forum and i need your help and advise. I am a filipina married to a british and we have one son,my concern is the council offered us a council flat and we took it.does this affect my application for ILR plus we received child benefit in his name and family tax credit. We asked the home office before we accept the flat if it will affect my application and they said no,im really confused because one of my friend have the same status as mine but they said it will affect my application.I will apply next year march 2011,me and my partner is very worried about our situation. Please does anyone can help us,i don't want to be away with my family. I appreciate it so much..thanks!!

Bluebirdjones
26th July 2011, 11:41
It will NOT effect your ILR application.

nize
26th July 2011, 11:50
i hope and pray it will not..thanks for lifting our hopes up..:)

Arthur Little
26th July 2011, 12:32
Hi everyone I am just new on this forum ...

... that's nize ... :welcomex:

... and i need your help and advise. I am a filipina married to a british and we have one son,my concern is the council offered us a council flat and we took it.does this affect my application for ILR plus we received child benefit in his name and family tax credit. We asked the home office before we accept the flat if it will affect my application and they said no,im really confused because one of my friend have the same status as mine but they said it will affect my application.I will apply next year march 2011,me and my partner is very worried about our situation. Please does anyone can help us,i don't want to be away with my family. I appreciate it so much..thanks!!

:) You've no need to worry - either of you. :nono-1-1: Believe me ... the Council is fully aware of your situation and would not have offered you the flat if it was likely to affect any future application for Permanent Residence [ILR]. And, since you're receiving Child Benefit and Family Tax Credit in your husband's name, it's not YOU who's claiming public funds. So ... forget what your friend says ... and relax! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

nize
26th July 2011, 12:42
thanks arthur, I am a little bit relax now that i received positive feedback..wish us a luck! :) cheers! Godbless

Arthur Little
26th July 2011, 12:46
thanks arthur, I am a little bit relax now that i received positive feedback..wish us a luck! :) cheers! Godbless

My pleasure ... goodluck & God Bless; remember ... WE'RE here to help you every step of the way, in preparation for when March comes around. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
26th July 2011, 15:57
My pleasure ... goodluck & God Bless; remember ... WE'RE here to help you every step of the way, in preparation for when March comes around. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

and me as will:):Wave: this april Arthur:D :rolleyes::Wave:

Terpe
26th July 2011, 19:00
1 - Did the council allocate a bigger place simply because of your son?

2 - What is the nationality ( or visa status/conditions ) of your son?

nize
26th July 2011, 19:23
1 - Did the council allocate a bigger place simply because of your son?

2 - What is the nationality ( or visa status/conditions ) of your son?

yes because we are just renting a room and he was born here so he is a british. i heard also that it will jeopardise my application because it means my husband cant support me.is this true?

Terpe
26th July 2011, 20:23
yes because we are just renting a room and he was born here so he is a british. i heard also that it will jeopardise my application because it means my husband cant support me.is this true?

Good. As your son is British you will have no problem with the council accommodation.
Relax.

Your husband must make sure that any benefits are claimed in his name only or in the case of caims for Tax Credits are assessed jointly if you are living with a spouse or partner who is allowed to claim tax credits.
It will automatically be a joint application at the request of HMRC and your name will therefore appear. This is not a problem for your ILR.

Are you receiving ANY housing benefit?

Basically, it would be extremely rare that an application for ILR be refused solely on financial grounds.

nize
26th July 2011, 20:48
Good. As your son is British you will have no problem with the council accommodation.
Relax.

Your husband must make sure that any benefits are claimed in his name only or in the case of caims for Tax Credits are assessed jointly if you are living with a spouse or partner who is allowed to claim tax credits.
It will automatically be a joint application at the request of HMRC and your name will therefore appear. This is not a problem for your ILR.

Are you receiving ANY housing benefit?

Basically, it would be extremely rare that an application for ILR be refused solely on financial grounds.

The benefits are all in his name. No I dont received any housing benefit but when I was pregnant I received Health Pregnancy Grant its a public fund,is this a problem? My husband only claimed child benefit,child tax credit and recently council flat. He is the only one working as for the moment with a full time job because Im the one looking after our son.

Terpe
26th July 2011, 21:33
The benefits are all in his name. No I dont received any housing benefit but when I was pregnant I received Health Pregnancy Grant its a public fund,is this a problem? My husband only claimed child benefit,child tax credit and recently council flat. He is the only one working as for the moment with a full time job because Im the one looking after our son.

The Sure Start Maternity Grant (SSMG) is a one off payment of £500 to buy things for a new baby. It is paid from the Social Fund and is classed as public funds.
You are not excluded from getting the SSMG provided you are living with a family member who is an EEA national.

Health in Pregnancy Grant (HIPG) is a one-off payment of £190. The HIPG is classed as public funds.
You are not excluded from the HIPG provided you are living with a family member who is an EEA national.

Looks like you are all good to go ahead with ILR and no probs with Public Funds. Well done.

Maria B
26th July 2011, 22:20
Hi everyone I am just new on this forum and i need your help and advise. I am a filipina married to a british and we have one son,my concern is the council offered us a council flat and we took it.does this affect my application for ILR plus we received child benefit in his name and family tax credit. We asked the home office before we accept the flat if it will affect my application and they said no,im really confused because one of my friend have the same status as mine but they said it will affect my application.I will apply next year march 2011,me and my partner is very worried about our situation. Please does anyone can help us,i don't want to be away with my family. I appreciate it so much..thanks!!

Hiya Nize,

welcome to the friendly forum.
As far as I completely understand, it should not affect u in anyway in what accomodation u have. Whether it be with the council or private. We rent privately & it did not affect me. It also does not affect u that u are on the family tax credit. I can only take it from what u say that it is your husband who works. In that case, he is a working person & paying national insurance. If u are still concern u & your husband should write a letter to the council where u rent a property from. Ask them clearly if by renting the accomodaton by them, will it affect your future ILR application. They should respond to u by letter in which case u should keep this letter for further use. U can also email the UK home office with your concerns. Keep all correspondence that u send & what u recieve for your future use.:Wave::)

nize
26th July 2011, 22:55
(I will apply next year march 2011) sorry 2012:doh

nize
26th July 2011, 23:04
The Sure Start Maternity Grant (SSMG) is a one off payment of £500 to buy things for a new baby. It is paid from the Social Fund and is classed as public funds.
You are not excluded from getting the SSMG provided you are living with a family member who is an EEA national.

Health in Pregnancy Grant (HIPG) is a one-off payment of £190. The HIPG is classed as public funds.
You are not excluded from the HIPG provided you are living with a family member who is an EEA national.

Looks like you are all good to go ahead with ILR and no probs with Public Funds. Well done.

thanks so much terpe for enlightened me and my partner..we appreicated it so much for your help and time...I also pray all will be okey..i will keep you posted the result next year or if need advice again..Godbless you and your family!!

nize
26th July 2011, 23:22
Hiya Nize,

welcome to the friendly forum.
As far as I completely understand, it should not affect u in anyway in what accomodation u have. Whether it be with the council or private. We rent privately & it did not affect me. It also does not affect u that u are on the family tax credit. I can only take it from what u say that it is your husband who works. In that case, he is a working person & paying national insurance. If u are still concern u & your husband should write a letter to the council where u rent a property from. Ask them clearly if by renting the accomodaton by them, will it affect your future ILR application. They should respond to u by letter in which case u should keep this letter for further use. U can also email the UK home office with your concerns. Keep all correspondence that u send & what u recieve for your future use.:Wave::)

Hi Maria,

We our renting privately but in a room and last year my husband was applying in council because I was pregnant on that time he was worried about the baby because of our accommodation and just recently the council interviewed us updating our application and the one who interviewed us was aware of my status of my visa and she said if we can get council flat only my husband will sign the agreement and the next day they offered us a flat so my husband grab the oppurtunity because he was waiting for 10yrs.We called the home office and inquired about my status if we can get it and it will not affect my ILR application and they said NO. So next month Aug. we are moving to the flat with our son.We are so happy at the same time worried about my ILR application next year 2012. I will take your advice to write to them in case whatever happens I can use for future use.

Maria B
26th July 2011, 23:39
:Hellooo: you will be alright nize.

that way u will be updated with all the rules. chill & enjoy your new flat with the baby.
no worries....keep smiling x:Wave: