PDA

View Full Version : We had an interesting e-mail today

Sim11UK
1st August 2011, 21:05
Ladybug had an e-mail earlier today, saying "Your visa will be despatched shortly etc. etc."

I'm talking spouse visa, for those who don't know.

It's been a long time coming for us, but we got there in the end. :Cuckoo:
...It's not in the hand, but it can't be anything else can it. (not putting a question mark there) :Jump:

We applied on July 14th & am aware a couple of others, applied around the same time...So just about 2 1/2 weeks. Good luck! to those waiting.

We're very happy :love2:

Arthur, I'm over here :Wave: :D

guyki
1st August 2011, 21:10
Ladybug had an e-mail earlier today, saying "Your visa will be despatched shortly etc. etc."

...It's not in the hand, but it can't be anything else can it. (not putting a question mark there) :Jump:

We applied on July 14th & am aware a couple of others, applied around the same time...So just about 2 1/2 weeks. Good luck! to those waiting.

Congrats on the good news SIM11UK!! my wife applied for spouse visa on the 18th so we're also on knife's edge at the moment with all sorts of scenarios running through our heads lol

Terpe
1st August 2011, 21:11
What is the source of the email? Does it have @fco.gov.uk in the address?

If it does, then many congratulations are the order of the day:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Well done you both :Jump:

Tawi2
1st August 2011, 21:11
CONGRATULATIONS MATE :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

alanmf1
1st August 2011, 21:13
Well done Sim many congratulations to you both!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Very pleased for you!

Sim11UK
1st August 2011, 21:19
Does it have @fco.gov.uk in the address?

Yes it does Terpe :)

Englishman2010
1st August 2011, 21:21
Congratulations:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
1st August 2011, 21:30
great news there sim , :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
1st August 2011, 21:34
Great news for you both, Congratulations Sim :Jump::Jump:

Arthur Little
1st August 2011, 21:40

That's GREAT news, Simon ... THE BEST! Congratulatons to you and Maria. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
1st August 2011, 21:51

Over where? :grosyeux: ... in the Philppines? :yikes: ... you're a dark horse! :D No wonder we hadn't heard from you lately!

imagine
1st August 2011, 21:52
:xxparty-smiley-050: Congratulations :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
1st August 2011, 22:29
Actually ... it was the plural, "we", that caught my eye first. Next, I noticed the thread had been started by you ... and I thought ... 'hmm, :rolleyes: ...
... has Simon won the lottery?' But ... no ... :NoNo: ... the organisers would NEVER notify winners online :nono-1-1:. And then - horror of horrors :cwm24: - it even crossed my mind that maybe you'd been targetted for some scam or other (with this sort of ploy becoming increasingly rife these days).

'Interesting email', indeed! It's bloody MARVELLOUS! :Hellooo:

mikey73
1st August 2011, 22:55
congratulations:Jump:

Sim11UK
1st August 2011, 23:39
Over where? :grosyeux: ... in the Philppines? :yikes: ... you're a dark horse! :D No wonder we hadn't heard from you lately!

No sorry! I'm in the UK...Nice hat by the way. :coucouchapeau:

Sim11UK
1st August 2011, 23:48
guyki, all I can say is hang in there, not very helpful I know, but hopefully in a few days, you'll get the same email. :)

Thanks all, much appreciated. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tone
2nd August 2011, 00:19
Congrats!

We put my Mahals in on the 18th July too.

Hope ours comes soon too.

Tone

sars_notd_virus
2nd August 2011, 07:25

Advance Congratulations Sim and Ladybug:Jump::xxgrinning--00xx3:

scott&ligaya
2nd August 2011, 08:00
wooooo hoooooo another success, must have been the cheerleading lol:Jump::Jump::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::huepfen024::huepfen024::veryhappy::veryhappy::veryhappy: we did for for you guys way back last year hehehehehe. Congratulations Simon and Maria. Perhaps we will see you Tone and Guyki ALL WITH their better halfs at our planned social gathering in Birmingham on October 1

worthingmale
2nd August 2011, 08:14
congratulations :Jump:

febmary
2nd August 2011, 08:30
Congratulations Simon Cowell and Marie....:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Greetings from Ann and Victor Wood.:icon_lol::):):)

gng030811
2nd August 2011, 09:05
Congrats! Got the same email yesterday...I lodged mine July 13. Many thanks to everyone out here. This forum helped me a lot.

scott&ligaya
2nd August 2011, 11:17
You see Tone and Guyki .. not long to wait now ...stay positive

ybba
2nd August 2011, 11:22
congrats!:Hellooo: you both will be together soon!

joebloggs
2nd August 2011, 13:26
:yikes:
you nearly dragged it out as long as me :D

best of luck as always si :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tone
2nd August 2011, 13:26

Thanks for that!!!

Definitely staying positive, it had got a little bleak as there where no success stories recently!

Cheers
Tone

raynaputi
2nd August 2011, 16:17
:Jump: congrats sim and ladybug! :Jump:

guyki
2nd August 2011, 18:46

Cheers for the encouragement fingers crossed we'll soon be getting good news as well

guyki
2nd August 2011, 18:47
Thanks for that!!!

Definitely staying positive, it had got a little bleak as there where no success stories recently!

Cheers
Tone

LOL i was pulling out whats left of my hair the last couple of days but Simon's good news has really lifted my spirits up

guyki
2nd August 2011, 18:49
wooooo hoooooo another success, must have been the cheerleading lol:Jump::Jump::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::huepfen024::huepfen024::veryhappy::veryhappy::veryhappy: we did for for you guys way back last year hehehehehe. Congratulations Simon and Maria. Perhaps we will see you Tone and Guyki ALL WITH their better halfs at our planned social gathering in Birmingham on October 1

Thats for sure as i should be around with mahal then (fingers crossed)

Sim11UK
2nd August 2011, 20:53
Hey thanks a lot again everyone, Scott it was 2 years ago, since Kimmi did her cheerleading :omg:...time flies.

Hi Ann (febmary) Simon Cowell here :D...It's a yes from me, when you apply for your visa. :xxgrinning--00xx3: :Hellooo:

Arthur Little
2nd August 2011, 21:30
Nice hat by the way. :coucouchapeau:

:coucouchapeau: ... thankyou, kind sir!

joebloggs
3rd August 2011, 10:58
Hey thanks a lot again everyone, Scott it was 2 years ago, since Kimmi did her cheerleading :omg:...time flies.

Hi Ann (febmary) Simon Cowell here :D...It's a yes from me, when you apply for your visa. :xxgrinning--00xx3: :Hellooo:

so has your misses got her visa sim ? you and tony are the hardcore members, hope she has, looks like tony is the only long term member left of the waiting club :NoNo:

Lancashirelad
3rd August 2011, 12:39
many congratulations :)

Ladybug_sim
3rd August 2011, 14:47
Hi Sir joebloggs, thanks and thanks to all especially on this forum. Yes, I did got my passport with the visa on it this afternoon… I’m so happy that is was granted even we keep worried about the financial but thank you so much and thanks God :heartshape1::heartshape1:

tone
3rd August 2011, 15:01
Hi Sir joebloggs, thanks and thanks to all especially on this forum. Yes, I did got my passport with the visa on it this afternoon… I’m so happy that is was granted even we keep worried about the financial but thank you so much and thanks God :heartshape1::heartshape1:

Brilliant news - everyday I awake at 6am look at my phone to see if there is a message from Rina about her Visa application! I guess you just have to do the CFO and you will be flying here?

I am sure we are close!!
Tone

scott&ligaya
3rd August 2011, 15:22
whew ... well at least I can put my pom poms down now hehehehehehe, just a pity that Kimmi seems to be no longer around to enjoy the success lol, hope to see you and Simon and a few other new arrivals in Birmingham on the weekend of October 1/2nd

Ladybug_sim
3rd August 2011, 15:43
For those who are waiting still just give some more patient s and think positive at all. Guyki, tone, and to all who did applied their visa I know soon you will got the result and wish you all good luck on it.

Just share my experience on applying my spouse visa there in Manila.

First we did an online application for the visa then printed it out. I did apply an appointment online still print it after. Then paid the amount for the visa at the branch of the bank coz I’m afraid to bring cash. Have the receipt on my passport.

FOR ALL THE DOCUMENT S WE SUBMITTED
1. Passport
2. Complete and signed visa form
3. Checklist
4. Marriage Certificate with Xerox copy
5. UKBA Language test form ( you need to answer the form and supply if you are exempted or not then print it)
6. A1 test result with Xerox copy
7. Sponsor (self-employed)
Bank Statement with Xerox copy
Income details with Xerox copy
Remittances with Xerox copy
8. Accommodation details
Rent Book with Xerox copy
Utility Bills with Xerox copy
Supporting letter from the landlord with Xerox copy
9. Sponsor’s Information
Bio-data pages from passport with Xerox copy
10. Sponsor’s Letter with Xerox copy
11. Birth Certificate – one from me and one from him with Xerox copy
12. Travels and wedding Photographs with Xerox copy ( we put travel pictures and wedding pictures to a A4 paper with caption on it. Just select 2 pics from travels then around 20 pics from the wedding and after the wedding.
13. Phone logs with Xerox copy
14. Yahoo Messenger Chat logs with Xerox copy ( we only do for screen shot on YM just to show the time and date on it)
15. Emails with Xerox copy ( we put 5 emails)
16. Cards (from postal) with Xerox copy

Hope it can helped... and please arrange all your documents in order so they will not ask you or not put you on hold and some more people are waiting for their turn .. good luck and once again thanks to everyone :coeurtendre:

Ladybug_sim
3rd August 2011, 15:46
Brilliant news - everyday I awake at 6am look at my phone to see if there is a message from Rina about her Visa application! I guess you just have to do the CFO and you will be flying here?

I am sure we are close!!
Tone

Hope you got it soon as we keep looking forward for the news you got too :xxgrinning--00xx3: Yes, soon to go to Cebu for the CFO :cwm24:

Ladybug_sim
3rd August 2011, 15:48
whew ... well at least I can put my pom poms down now hehehehehehe, just a pity that Kimmi seems to be no longer around to enjoy the success lol, hope to see you and Simon and a few other new arrivals in Birmingham on the weekend of October 1/2nd

Thanks Scott&ligaya...we will looking forward on it :heartshape1::heartshape1: thanks for the invitation too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

purple
3rd August 2011, 17:10
congratulations lady_bug and and sim :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

maria rosario
3rd August 2011, 17:54
Congratulation:Jump:

stevie c
3rd August 2011, 18:20
Great news sim & ladybug congratulations :Jump:

Dedworth
3rd August 2011, 19:00
Well done !

rusty
3rd August 2011, 19:40
Congratulations :xxgrinning--00xx3: :REDancedancer08:

Sim11UK
3rd August 2011, 20:21
so has your misses got her visa sim ? you and tony are the hardcore members, hope she has, looks like tony is the only long term member left of the waiting club :NoNo:

Yes Joe, as Ladybug said, we got it...She rang me just before I went to work, but went quiet & then I thought oh no :omg: we haven't got it. :bigcry:...luckily she wasn't quiet for long. :Jump:

Sim11UK
3rd August 2011, 20:21
Thanks again everyone :)

Englishman2010
3rd August 2011, 22:09
Congratulations both of you - 2 more happy forum members:xxgrinning--00xx3:

South-east boy
4th August 2011, 10:30
Great news Simon and Maria! :Jump: I know it's been a long wait for you! When do you think you'll finally be together here? I guess you're sorting out the details and checking flights now?

joebloggs
4th August 2011, 11:06
Yes Joe, as Ladybug said, we got it...She rang me just before I went to work, but went quiet & then I thought oh no :omg: we haven't got it. :bigcry:...luckily she wasn't quiet for long. :Jump:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::Jump: what a journey you've been on :D , i remember the sad times you had, when it looked like all was lost , but its all turned out well for you both :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

just shows you, never give up :rolleyes:

Sim11UK
5th August 2011, 08:50
Great news Simon and Maria! :Jump: I know it's been a long wait for you! When do you think you'll finally be together here? I guess you're sorting out the detials and checking flights now?

Well hopefully within a month. A house has been bought, with her sisters, who are in the US. She has been left, to sort all the renovation work, then needs to move her things in...She's done a great job. It's all good, as family & us, will have a place to stay, when we are there. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Congratulations! on your new status. When are you going to visit? :D

:xxgrinning--00xx3::Jump: what a journey you've been on :D , i remember the sad times you had, when it looked like all was lost , but its all turned out well for you both :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

just shows you, never give up :rolleyes:

Yes Joe, never give up. :xxgrinning--00xx3: All that is well & truly in the past. No family issues, everything is good.
It's good to be where we are now. Thank you. :)

steve monty
5th August 2011, 11:51
Congratulations to you and your wife Simon! :xxgrinning--00xx3: I bet you are over the moon! The duration you had to wait before you applied must have been unbearable for you. Now you can move forward together now! I'm well pleased for you, nice one!

To all the other members visa application, good luck!

hopefully when I apply soon I will have the same favourable outcome as you all!

Doc Alan
6th August 2011, 08:03
Congratulations Simon and Maria :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Sorry for the late posting but I've been on holiday :).

Sim11UK
6th August 2011, 21:48
Congratulations to you and your wife Simon! :xxgrinning--00xx3: I bet you are over the moon! The duration you had to wait before you applied must have been unbearable for you. Now you can move forward together now! I'm well pleased for you, nice one!

To all the other members visa application, good luck!

hopefully when I apply soon I will have the same favourable outcome as you all!

Thanks Steve, only looking forward now :xxgrinning--00xx3:
You can do it, when you are ready, but it is quite a stressful process. Good luck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Wish I was in CDO now. :)

Sim11UK
6th August 2011, 21:50
Congratulations Simon and Maria :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Sorry for the late posting but I've been on holiday :).

Thank you Alan, I heard you were on your hols. Glad you returned. :)

Ladybug_sim
11th August 2011, 15:16
Thanks for the rep Sir Art :)