PDA

View Full Version : Tapsilog ~ Tapa Sinangag At Itlog

Maria B
8th August 2011, 03:29
Tapsilog Recipe5445
Tapsilog is the term used when tapa("cured beef"), garlic-fried rice ("sinangag"), and fried egg ("itlog") are combined into one meal, which is good for breakfast, but can also be served at lunch and dinner.

Tapsilog Recipe Ingredients:

For the meat or Tapa:
* Beef sirloin 1 kg.
* A whole bulb of garlic, minced finely.
* 3/4 cup of vinegar
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* Salt, 1 tbsp.
* Same with pepper, 1 tbsp.

For garlic fried rice or Sinangag:
* 2 cups of day old rice.
* 5 cloves of garlic (or however you want.)
* Green onions, chopped.
* Salt and pepper to taste.
* 1/2 a small onion.

Egg or Itlog
* 2 fried eggs

Tapsilog Recipe Preparation - Cooking Instructions:

1). Put all the ingredients together in the meat marinade mix except the meat in a big container or a ziplock.
2). Mix it well, then add meat. Let it marinate for 2 days for best flavour, or 30 minutes if you want to be fast.
3). When done marinating, fry the meat in a pan. Set aside.
4). Make garlic fried rice in same pan. Fry the garlic first, then onions, then rice, add seasonings and garnish with salt and pepper to taste.
5). Serve with an egg of your choice on the side or put it on top of rice.

You can also serve it with a side of cucumber or tomatoes. Enjoy your tapsilog!
burp...opps excuse me:Cuckoo:

Moy
18th September 2011, 16:43
:xxgrinning--00xx3: yum..ill try this tomorrow

andy222
18th September 2011, 17:06
yummy.

Moy
18th September 2011, 17:54
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3156/3056134866_e6ef7288ec.jpg:hubbahubba:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_eWQiUyuIYXI/TDP9lDdvJoI/AAAAAAAAJNk/JgfFOeLzfmE/s1600/DSC01415.JPG

tender juicy hotdog:hubbahubba::Rasp:

RickyR
18th September 2011, 18:17
tender juicy hotdog:hubbahubba::Rasp:

Don't you mean reconstituted chicken with added preservatives, flavouring, chemicals and bright red colouring mashed up to disguise the taste of beaks and feathers into a sausage? hahaha, my kids like that sausage too...

I think i'll still stick to my weetabix :olddude:

Moy
18th September 2011, 18:25
Don't you mean reconstituted chicken with added preservatives, flavouring, chemicals and bright red colouring mashed up to disguise the taste of beaks and feathers into a sausage? hahaha, my kids like that sausage too...

I think i'll still stick to my weetabix :olddude:

whatever Ri:Dcky as ive said ealier we got our own preference..:omg::laugher: i grow up eating it and obviously for me thats heavenly:hubbahubba: its like you grow up on your baby mashed weetabix things:icon_lol: that personally i couldnt stand off:action-smiley-081::icon_lol:..if you know what i mean:doh:icon_lol:

RickyR
18th September 2011, 18:51
hahaha, ok ok ok :xxaction-smiley-047

andy222
19th September 2011, 04:02
Personally I like the most of the philippino cuisine. One thing i will not try though is ballut. Sorry.

South-east boy
21st September 2011, 10:08
QUOTE=andy222;315509]Personally I like the most of the philippino cuisine. One thing i will not try though is ballut. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Agree with you on that one + some other street foods and dishes with animals insides etc!:vomit-smiley-011:[