PDA

View Full Version : Applying for a Fiance Visa- With the question 'do you intend to work in UK?'

ReginelovesPaul
22nd August 2011, 16:19
Hello,

I am Regine from Philippines and I am currently applying for a fiance visa to UK to be with my love. Now, I have completed the online application form and I'm a bit worried about my answer with DO YOU INTEND TO WORK IN UK because I have written YES. Then, in the details, I have written work as an English teacher but have not set-up any employment yet. Does that make harm to my application? I have scheduled my appointment on Aug. 29.

Please help. Thanks so much!

Regine

chinee
30th August 2011, 00:24
the answer is YES... you should intend to work. they prefer that as they want you to be able to support yourselves without getting any money from the government. spouses and fiances doesn't have any recourse to public funds.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Welcome to the forum Regine! Good luck to you both!:Hellooo:

DaveUK
30th August 2011, 08:01
Chinee that isn't right I don't think!

On a fiance visa you are not allowed to work so I guess someone should really be saying no to this question!

Once married, when applying for the FLR, you could say yes to working as you would then be allowed to work as the husband/wife of a Brit.

stevewool
30th August 2011, 08:20
you can say yes (as soon as i am allowed too) that how we put it on the form

abaniko
30th August 2011, 10:32
i think better say no to make things easier cuz ur on fiancee visa,i agree with dave uk.

grahamw48
30th August 2011, 10:37
Agree.

Say no.

If you're interviewed then you can say that you'd like to work AFTER you're married, and permitted to do so.

Arthur Little
30th August 2011, 12:50
:iagree: ... but it's high time the wording on Settlement Visa Application Forms was re-designed to suit the SPECIFIC - and separate - purposes for which they are intended ...

... i.e., the Question: "Do You Intend To Seek Work On Arrival In The UK?" should be removed from the 'Application For A Fiance(e) Visa' ... otherwise it can be misleading; it should appear on Spousal Visa Applications only.

:rolleyes: ... oh ... when will they [the Authorities] ever learn? :doh

grahamw48
30th August 2011, 12:53
Trick question ? :Erm:

Arthur Little
30th August 2011, 13:13
Trick question ? :Erm:

Mmm ... funnily enough, Graham, that particular thought crossed MY mind too. :rolleyes:

ReginelovesPaul
31st August 2011, 09:47
Thanks everyone!

I haven't lodged my app yet. Will wait till Oct. 17

Anyway, I wrote YES to that question and saying I will only work once my immigration status permits. I met a lot of applicants when I went there last August 29 and they answered YES to that question as well.

I appreciate all your efforts to respond to my question. :)

Regine

maryann
31st August 2011, 11:46
hello regine, hows your application? my name is mary ann , can i ask any tip from you how you started to apply your fiancee visa, i tried to go uk embassy but they not allowed visa applicant to enter the uk embassy office if you have no appoinment but they give me the new office address in makati but it say you need to make appointment also , so i tried to make appointment via online but i cannot get through on their website, tried call their office landline but no answer..do you think if i apply through online the brit. embassy will give me sched. for interview?thank you and wish you success in your visa application..:Hellooo:

Alona
31st August 2011, 15:37
i guess you should go to the new british application center at ECOPLAZA building unit 606 6th floor #2305 chino roces ave.extension Makati.
you should go first for the enquiry of checklist of a fiancee visa because it will include in submitting the all requirements.
1pm is open for visitors for inquiry.