PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 - Ten years it's been since it happened.

Ako Si Jamie
27th August 2011, 18:45
In a couple of weeks anyhow. Doesn't seem like ten years. I was in the post office at the time and heard people talking about a plane crashing into the towers. Didn't really believe it at first until I saw it on TV.

Terpe
27th August 2011, 19:10
I was in Japan at the time, I remember watching it on the news for hours and hours. Just could not stop myself. Very emotional time.
Unbelievable world changing event, and certainly doesn't seem like 10 years ago

grahamw48
27th August 2011, 19:15
I was sitting in our house in the Phils watching CNN, when suddenly it all started to happen on-screen...second plane hitting was 'live', and then of course the buildings coming down.

The most shocking and riveting experience of my life.

A terrible tragedy for all concerned.

Terpe
27th August 2011, 19:36
...second plane hitting was 'live'........

I can vividly remember seeing that also. I was completely bewildered about what was going on, I recall that even the reporter at the time didn't seem to know .

grahamw48
27th August 2011, 19:44
Yes, at first it was thought that maybe a 'light' plane had hit the first building, and then they got the news teams there and the awful truth began to unfold. :NoNo:

stevewool
27th August 2011, 20:44
yes time does go very quick, we had family whos office was one of the top floors, what a few terrifing hours trying to get throught to his wife, and when we did she had know idea what was happing in new york

branno
27th August 2011, 20:55
id just arrived back in glasgow after walking the the west highland way.. was waiting for a bus to take me back to my car.. i saw it on the tv in the station and thought typical yanks and paid no more attention.. untill i saw the horror of it all...

raynaputi
28th August 2011, 06:30
i was in my best friend's house in Bulacan that day and doing our school project with our other friends..one of my friend was changing the channels and happen to see the news at CNN..we started watching it and then saw the 2nd plane go through the World Trade Center..we were all shocked and couldn't believed what was happening..:NoNo: we felt so sorry for all the people in there and when we got to the University, students and teachers can't stop talking about it..

KeithD
28th August 2011, 09:46
I was watching At The Races when the presenter said "If anyone is still watching with what's going on in America.. Why???" :Erm: ...... so I switched to Sky News :omg::omg::omg: :NoNo:

stevewool
28th August 2011, 09:56
there was a thread started something about amazing news in our lives, and this was mentioned by all, all day long just watching such a sad sad time for all the people that was there

Steve.r
28th August 2011, 14:11
I was in a teapot factory in Devon, I had day off work because it was my ex's (:voodoo:) birthday, and while in the cafe they had the tv on and it was just one rolling story. Shocking to watch with so much tragic loss of life, but even though we knew so many were perishing, we had to keep watching. Human nature i suppose.

stevewool
28th August 2011, 14:33
did you buy any teapots steve, and if you did who has them now:rolleyes:

KeithD
28th August 2011, 14:46
did you buy any teapots steve, and if you did who has them now:rolleyes:

:laugher:

Tawi2
28th August 2011, 15:23
did you buy any teapots steve, and if you did who has them now :icon_lol:

http://sippingtea.com/teapotcollect.html

morecowbell
28th August 2011, 16:27
My friends dad died in the towers on that day, and he is bloody flying on 9/11 this year with me, bound to be emotional and not the best day to fly.