PDA

View Full Version : Marrying in the phils

branno
28th August 2011, 19:50
For those of us who have married in the philippines, may i ask wot are the next steps in making it more aware in the uk.. as i understand if ur married in the phils the nso has documentation of the marriage.. but im not aware of the procedure here in the uk.. as far as im aware you can deposit your marriage certificate with the local registrar simply for future copies.. if needed.

Terpe
28th August 2011, 20:12
Well branno, as you've correctly guessed there's not much more you can do officially.

When you get married outside of UK you get a local marriage certificate, that's it.

There's no process to get a British marriage certificate, nor is there any process to actually formally register an overseas marriage in the UK.

Your also correct in that the best you can achieve is to have your original Philippine marriage documents deposited with the General Register Office. Documents will need to be translated if they’re not in English.
There is no requirement to do this.
Just means your marriage certificate is desposited and secured by the General Register Office as an official record and
makes it easy to obtain any future copies you might need.

Just be informed that you can't get the original certificates back again, once the certificates are deposited they can't be released again to you.

Any copies you request will be standard black and white certified copies of the original documents (and any translations) on official General Register Office paper.

Steve.r
28th August 2011, 20:29
Just be informed that you can't get the original certificates back again, once the certificates are deposited they can't be released again to you.

Any copies you request will be standard black and white certified copies of the original documents (and any translations) on official General Register Office paper.

And at a fee I should imagine :rolleyes:

branno
28th August 2011, 20:30
cheers terpe... so if i may ask.. if once ur maried in the phils, ur partner or wife informs the cno over there... then its documented.. they kno she is married... but as i gather or under stand here in the uk ..no ones aware of it.. so basically ur still single.. so if u wanted another cni u would get one no problem ?

branno
28th August 2011, 20:32
yes theres alkways a fee steve, but i feel its a scam fee or a bloody legalised scam fee..

branno
28th August 2011, 20:41
ok... births, marriages and deaths, the general registrar demands they are informed of every thing... so why not if ur married over seas or to a foreigner... ok the uk embassy needs the documentaion for visas but is it recognised here in the uk ... so if in the event my great great great grand children wish to look up my history via the general registry office... ill still be me and no knowledge of been married ..

Terpe
28th August 2011, 20:46
cheers terpe... so if i may ask.. if once ur maried in the phils, ur partner or wife informs the cno over there... then its documented.. they kno she is married... but as i gather or under stand here in the uk ..no ones aware of it.. so basically ur still single.. so if u wanted another cni u would get one no problem ?

Hmmm, I really don't know branno. Here in UK if you say you're single that's it, your word is accepted.
If you were still legally married either here or overseas I imagine no one would really know or check. Well apart from the potential outcome of wedding banns.

But, that doesn't mean your single just because you say so or there is no marriage registered. It means you're telling porkies and could end up in prison.
Or worse :D

branno
28th August 2011, 20:56
Hmmm, I really don't know branno. Here in UK if you say you're single that's it, your word is accepted.
If you were still legally married either here or overseas I imagine no one would really know or check. Well apart from the potential outcome of wedding banns.

But, that doesn't mean your single just because you say so or there is no marriage registered. It means you're telling porkies and could end up in prison.
Or worse :D

thats my question terpe... if your married in the phils ..its recorded by the NSO...and acknowledged.. but not acknowledged in the uk as the registry office requires no information... so to me it seems as tho its not recognised at all.

Terpe
28th August 2011, 21:01
... so to me it seems as tho its not recognised at all.

Korek..

branno
28th August 2011, 21:12
Korek..

once again cheers terpe ... to me it says that the uk embassy is just a f:censored:g legalised set of f:censored:g criminals.. cos personally i dont feel as tho i shud submit any thing to or thru them if its not recognised in the uk.. but once again its a money making greedy racket by the british. im :Sex: again

stevewool
28th August 2011, 21:19
its only money:)

brokenpieces
28th August 2011, 21:22
LOL that is so weird so they are not registering the marriage there if you got married outside uk?

hmmm am glad my husband is not british hahahahha:icon_lol:

After we got our marriage certificate from NSO we have it authenticated with Red Ribbon which is called Apostille there.....

Then we register it to their embassy and the mebassy submitted it to Lithuania after a month our marriage has been registered in lithuania and we can already get a copy of our marriage cert in any lithuanian embassy whenevr we need it but of course it would be in their language once they release it from their embassy so right now we have a copy of our marriage cert from their civil registry in their language so we have copy from phils and from lithuania :) :)

stevewool
28th August 2011, 21:27
i thought red ribbon was a cake shop,:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

brokenpieces
28th August 2011, 21:34
hahahaha it is equivalent to Apostille in Philippines Apostille is called Red Ribbon :P
and we need Apostille for our marriage cert as it is required well at least to my husbands country/embassy if you will register the marriage to their country.

LOL Red Ribbon cake is so delicious .... yummy!!!!:icon_lol:

DaveUK
31st August 2011, 11:15

You don't need to register it in the UK, but as far as the UK Government are concerned, if you marry in another country then you're legally married as far as the UK is concerned. OK, they don't know, but if you married again anywhere in the world without getting a divorce from the first marriage and the UK Government found out, then you could be done for bigamy in the UK!