PDA

View Full Version : Settlement visa application help

aiden
30th August 2011, 02:37
Hello again guys.
I have some questions again that I hope someone can answer for me.
When my wife gets her settlement visa from the British Embassy, Manila what are the normal requirements that she must complete before exiting the Philippines for example does she need to have or get - Just to make it more clear
MY Family members include
Myself (Brit)
Wife ( Filippina)
1st Daughter (13 Filippina)
2nd Daughter (9 Filippina)
3rd Daughter (2 Dual National)
4th Daughter (1 Dual National)
My biological daughters were born in the Philippines and also they were registered with the Brit Embassy in Manila and also of course nso in the phils.
• Medical examinations For (my wife and my stepdaughters)
• How about our biological kids (we have two biological kids born in the Philippines with dual nationality - Filippino and British Citizens) What are the medical reqs for them?
• DO MY BIOLOGICAL KIDS NEED ANY KIND OF OTHER REQUIREMENTS THAT I SHOULD KNOW OF OR ARE THEY ALLOWED TO ENTER THE UK AS THEY ARE?
• Do I need to tell the British Embassy about my biological kids even if they have dual nationality(British Passport).
• NBI Clearance (For the satisfaction of the Philippines government is this necessary)?
• CFO?
• English Test (If my wife is a graduate from a University in the Philippines her four year degree in English does she still need to take the English test before we apply for visa?
• Because I am applying to bring over my wife and two stepdaughters + Plus my two Biological kids (that’s a total of 6 dependants) how much money do you think I need to earn per month in your opinion to satisfy the Eco and also how much savings do you think I need to show in my bank account?

Looking forward to lots of answers and information on this one.

Thanks so much again

aiden
26th September 2011, 10:50
Hey guys would love some comments and suggestions on this please.

Thanks So much

sars_notd_virus
26th September 2011, 17:48
hello aiden pls check this link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/out-of-country/sup-docs-settlement.pdf

yes your wife needs CFO,English test certificate , TB certificate for her and dependents

aiden
27th September 2011, 04:54
i thought the Philippines is on the list of those countries which is exempt from the TB list??

Bluebirdjones
27th September 2011, 08:38
She doesn't (officially) need a TB certificate.

At the UK arrivals airport she might be asked to submit to an x-ray, which could delay her by 15-20mins, and then again, they might just wave her through.

It really depends on the airport (Heathrow seems keener than the others), and on the Immigration Officer she presents her passport to.

She might also be asked to test for TB when she registers with the local GP.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
27th September 2011, 08:48
i thought the Philippines is on the list of those countries which is exempt from the TB list??

BBJ is correct.
For TB check out this UKBA page (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/customs-travel/beforetravel/visas/applying)

Look for the listing towards the bottom of the page and click on "Do you need to be screened for tuberculosis (TB)?"
The Philippines is not on this listing.