PDA

View Full Version : Hi. I have a question

GraceAdam
1st September 2011, 12:31
Hello everyone..

it's me again :)
I would like to ask something.. I hope you don't mind me asking..

hmm what are the other things that needs to be done while I'll be in Manila? biometric, payment, digital photograph... what else? do i need to have my medical in there??

Thank you so much for taking time reading my question :)

take care y'all

GraceAdam

lastlid
1st September 2011, 13:03
Hi there again. I am asking similar questions just now. We are maybe a month ahead of you. As far as I know and I am sure someone else will clarify, a medical in any form, isn't a UKBA requirement for the Philippines.

The CFO visit has to be done, but I think it can also be done in Cebu.

GraceAdam
1st September 2011, 14:08
hello lastlid :)

yes with the CFO i think i will get that after my visa will be granted ..hmmm yeah you are right it can be done in Cebu.. :)

but as of now I'm confuse with the medical thing ... or maybe no Medical at all? :D :Hellooo:

raynaputi
1st September 2011, 14:40
you don't need a medical for visa application..also, biometrics are done in VFS when you submit your documents.

Maria B
1st September 2011, 15:14
hello grace & welcome to the forum,

while in Manila, just expect that it will take a long time for the queueing. Be on time, the security guard will instruct you the best time to go to VFS prior to your appt. time. You will be asked for your identification ID & to sign in thier log book. At VFS office, it's only the applicant who is allowed to come inside (unless to child/children under 18y.o.) You will be asked to leave your phone & bags, etc...at the guard's desk. You are only allowed to bring the documents needed inside. A customer service inside will help you settle where to have a seat & ask you if your papers are in order. Remove staples or clips if there's any in your paper. Once you are called, a few questions will be asked with regards to your papers and have other important papers handy just in case they will ask more. If you are not from Manila & only there for a few hours and need to catch a flight, please let them know. Once they sorted your papers, you will be asked to take a seat & your name will be called for the payment. Once you paid the amount, you will be instructed to queue for the biotmetric. It's like processing an NBI clearance in the Philippines minus the messy finger printing. Once your name is called at the biotmetric dept, there's a high chair for you to sit & the biometric officer will give you instructions what to do. After that you will be given a very small slip for you to keep. In your receipt payment you will find the tracking number for you to check your status online. (this was the rules last 2008).
Hope some of the members will share their recent experiences with regards to this matter to take your worries away.

Wishing u all the best in life. Good luck!:Wave:

PS there's a cafe/toilet at the bottom area of the building just in case you have somebody with you.

lastlid
1st September 2011, 15:26
Visa fee payment is to be done in advance. My wife paid hers yesterday. She has to take the receipt with her to VFS tomorrow........

From an email from VFS to me....

You can pay your visa application fee in any of the following ways:

By cash only over the counter at the Union Bank Pasong Tamo Branch. You will need to bring a photocopy of your passport data page when you pay the fee. The bank receipt will only be valid for 10 working days from the date of payment and you must submit your visa application within this time.
The bank's address is:
Union Bank
Ground Floor
Kingswood Arcade Vito Cruz Ext. corner Pasong Tamo,
Makati City

By cash only over the counter at any other branch of the Union Bank. There is a service charge of Php 150.00 per visa application. You will need to bring a photocopy of your passport data page when you pay the fee. The bank receipt will only be valid for 10 working days from the date of payment and you must submit your visa application within this time.

By manager's cheque obtained from any bank registered in the Philippines. Cheques should be made payable to the 'British Embassy'. Only managers' cheques with the correct fee and payable to 'British Embassy' will be accepted. There is a bank charge when you purchase a manager's cheque which varies from bank to bank. You should ensure that you obtain a receipt.

Maria B
1st September 2011, 15:54
By manager's cheque obtained from any bank registered in the Philippines. Cheques should be made payable to the 'British Embassy'. Only managers' cheques with the correct fee and payable to 'British Embassy' will be accepted. There is a bank charge when you purchase a manager's cheque which varies from bank to bank. You should ensure that you obtain a receipt.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: thank you for refreshing my mind on this lastid.

I paid thru managers check before phoning the call centre for my appointment. Sharing about my bad experience was that, AT VFS after my papers was sorted and was was called for my manager's check, they refuse to accept it as they increase for a little certain amount. I cannot remember how much was the amount. I explained to the officer that I made this appointment & by the time I was booked the amount was still the same & I keep on tracking the website for more update. The officer said that they just increase a day ago & wouldn't accept my cash or even I asked if I can pay to any registered bank in Manila. Still they wouldn't accept it. Their explanation was they will reimbursed me the said amount (in the manager's check) and I will have to do it again, to pay the exact (new rate) amount. :NoNo::NoNo: My husband was so pissed off coz he cannot get in the VFS ofc (was allowed long time ago), he's not allowed to stay at the corridor outside the VFS office (lols) we went to the British embassy to ask for a reconsideration about the matter but was refused to enter without appointment, blah blah blahs & have to email them for complain...aahhhhh. IN the end, we went back to Cebu and waited for VFS reply. My hubby needs to go back to the UK for business matters & complained straight away to the Brit Emb London, less than a week I got a call from VFS that they will reconsider my cash payment with the manager's check....Bl**dy hell. So I flew again to Manila for it. Just thought of sharing this inconvenient experience of ours.:cwm3::Cuckoo:

lastlid
1st September 2011, 16:02
.....Bl**dy hell. So I flew again to Manila for it. Just thought of sharing this inconvenient experience of ours.:cwm3::Cuckoo:

:icon_lol:

Ha yes. I can imagine. And nice to see you using some good english expletives......

Everything has to be just so with all of this. My wife is so nervous with all of this. We will both be glad when the application is in with VFS tomorrow. Then we can sit back and relax .......or maybe sweat it out for the result.

They certainly dont make it easy for us, eh....

lastlid
1st September 2011, 16:09
I know this is going to sound crazy but it is true.....

I visited VFS with my wife in June. And not only did they want ID at the entrance to the Eco Plaza building (just to get into the building) but because I was wearing shorts they wouldnt allow me in! :yikes: That is the building, not VFS. So we had to go away and return the following day!!!

WOW, how annoying. So if you are taking the hubby with you or a male relative..no shorts allowed!!!! :icon_lol:

My wife was allowed in with shorts on btw...:icon_lol:

Anyhow, to submit ones visa application one has to have two forms of ID including the passport for VFS, the other ID is for the lobby entrance to the Eco Plaza building.

Maria B
1st September 2011, 16:33
And nice to see you using some good english expletives ......

:icon_lol::icon_lol: hubby said "U are picking up to many bad English words Maria"... & I told him that I got it from him :laugher::laugher: mostly from my patients actually ssshhh:icon_lol:

My wife was allowed in with shorts on btw ...

ewww, but not you? :icon_lol: yeah even slippers and vests.

Yeah, there's always hardships behind this things. But hey, good luck to both of you. Can't wait to see your success stories in this forum in one of this day. :Wave::Wave:

Arthur Little
1st September 2011, 19:05
:icon_lol:

Ha yes. I can imagine. And nice to see you using some good english expletives......

Everything has to be just so with all of this.

They certainly dont make it easy for us, eh ....

... they sure DON'T :nono-1-1: ...

... I can well-believe it - all that :censored: red tape you've mentioned below! :doh

I visited VFS with my wife in June. And not only did they want ID at the entrance to the Eco Plaza building (just to get into the building) but because I was wearing shorts they wouldnt allow me in! :yikes: That is the building, not VFS. So we had to go away and return the following day!!!

WOW, how annoying. So if you are taking the hubby with you or a male relative..no shorts allowed!!!! :icon_lol:

Anyhow, to submit ones visa application one has to have two forms of ID including the passport for VFS, the other ID is for the lobby entrance to the Eco Plaza building.

guyki
1st September 2011, 19:43

:icon_lol: yeah my mahal did say when she went to the VFS to submit her application about 2 or 3 ladies were turned away because of incorrect dress code they can be really fussy in there

But good luck with the application Im sure in no time at all your missus will be here with you mate

scott&ligaya
1st September 2011, 20:10
I was always told when visiting ANY officicial/governmental offices to be respectfully dressed and give face to the position of the official.. how ever incompetent or corrupt they may be lol.. makes things go more smoothly and I hate wasting time

lastlid
1st September 2011, 20:25
This was the entrance to a shopping / business complex, not VFS. It was the business / shopping complex security that refused me entry yet allowed my wife in even though we were both in shorts.

Ironically, earlier that day, we had just visited the British embassy without any issues....

lastlid
1st September 2011, 20:38
Reading through my posting immediately above, it probably doesnt quite make sense.

We both visited VFS in April and at that time we only had to go through one tier of security i.e. the VFS security in the Eco Plaza complex.

When we went in June, an extra tier of security had been introduced at the entrance to the business section of the Eco Plaza complex. It was at this new tier of security that i was refused entry owing to the fact that i was wearing shorts. It is also the point at which alternative ID is required to be left before then going on to VFS with ones passport, to make the visa application.

Terpe
1st September 2011, 21:08
Reading through my posting immediately above, it probably doesnt quite make sense.

We both visited VFS in April and at that time we only had to go through one tier of security i.e. the VFS security in the Eco Plaza complex.

When we went in June, an extra tier of security had been introduced at the entrance to the business section of the Eco Plaza complex. It was at this new tier of security that i was refused entry owing to the fact that i was wearing shorts. It is also the point at which alternative ID is required to be left before then going on to VFS with ones passport, to make the visa application.

Maybe you looked highly suspicious lastlid. :D:D

lastlid
1st September 2011, 21:20
Well, maybe i did. :D , but the next day I wore jeans and that was fine.....

Anyhow, needless to say, my wife is going tomorrow in jeans. Just in case.

Terpe
1st September 2011, 21:39

Ha ha ha... Only in the Philippines. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Hope all goes well.

Sim11UK
1st September 2011, 21:56

Same applies if you ever go to the bureau of immigration, no shorts, slippers etc. Went home to change, when we saw the sign, when I extended my visa. :)

Good luck! with your application.

Arthur Little
1st September 2011, 22:05
My wife is so nervous with all of this. We will both be glad when the application is in with VFS tomorrow. Then we can sit back and relax .......or maybe sweat it out for the result.

:rolleyes: ... I'll bet you will ... I mean ... be glad when its handed over. Phew!

:) DON'T worry, though, :NoNo: ... you and she'll both be fine. Good luck with her application. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

GraceAdam
1st September 2011, 23:46
Thank you so much Maria B :)

thanks for sharing with me/us your experiences. I just hope that it will be the same processing before and now. Because when we get the NBI here, we don't have a messy fingers anymore..but it will take us 2 days before we can get our NBI..anyways, yeah my fiancee will be going with me in Manila. So i will let him stay at the cafe and wait for me in there.. :)

I hope everything will be ok :)

Thank you so much Maria B and take care :)

Grace

GraceAdam
1st September 2011, 23:47
thank you so much Raynaputi :)

Take care xx

Grace

GraceAdam
1st September 2011, 23:53
thank you lastlid for sharing your experiences.. lol my fiancee will be coming with me in Manila soon and he loves wearing shorts tho (below the knee) ok ok.. i will warn him and let him wear jeans ;)

thank you again Lastlid :)

cheers,

Grace

Arthur Little
2nd September 2011, 01:32
:) And to Grace ... :welcomex: and all the very best with your plans. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

GraceAdam
2nd September 2011, 04:35
thank you so much Arthur little :D

You ROCK ;):Hellooo::D:xxgrinning--00xx3: