PDA

View Full Version : Illegal immigration consultants are all over London

Maria B
3rd September 2011, 10:41
MANILA—THE Philippine embassy in London advised Filipinos in the United Kingdom to refrain from dealing with bogus immigration consultants or solicitors in renewing their visas as a result of the changes in Britain’s Point Based System or managed migration.

“Filipinos are advised to refrain from transacting business in clinics, cafes, telephones or mobile phones, electronic mail (e-mail), and other venues where it is not possible to ascertain the legitimate status of the immigration consultancy practice being offered,” the embassy said in a report sent through the Department of Foreign Affairs’ (DFA) head office in Manila.

“The embassy has been receiving numerous complaints from Filipinos regarding their failed dealings with unlicensed immigration consultants and/or solicitors,” it added.

The embassy said that the complaints have already been brought to the attention of local government authorities in the UK but there are already a number if Filipinos who have been duped by the unlicensed immigration consultants.

Most of these Filipinos failed to refund the “unconscionable fees” that they paid when they availed of supposed consultant’s services.

“It is suggested that all transactions be made at the offices of licensed immigration consultants and/or solicitors and, when necessary, ask them to produce their license to practice as immigration consultants and/or solicitors before making any payment,” the embassy said.

By PATTY MALUTO
12:58 am in News Flash
Report 28 August

Tawi2
3rd September 2011, 10:49
Desperate times beget desperate people beget desperate measures Maria ;)

grahamw48
3rd September 2011, 11:21
Soooo many :censored: evil parasites. :NoNo:

Tawi2
3rd September 2011, 16:04
I was in Dabaw last november or december and saw recruiters posters GUARANTEEING applicants would be in the UK within a matter of weeks :Erm:

Maria B
3rd September 2011, 16:50
I was in Dabaw last november or december and saw recruiters posters GUARANTEEING applicants would be in the UK within a matter of weeks :Erm:

what a marketing strategy...think it's all around the world. Illegal recruiters/ Fake agencies will do anything just to get some money per head/ applicants. In Pinas, there are also a lot of people (applicants) that despite of the news from the tele, papers, radios even gossips...doesn't consult the POEA first if the agency is registered or not. That's why illegal recruiters always exist.

somebody
3rd September 2011, 17:37

Even on facebook and google ad's appear adverts promising to have people in a number of different countries with in the time it takes to click on the link:NoNo:

What many don't realise is how little regulated some of the google and facebook type adverts are..

Maria B
3rd September 2011, 18:20
they also sent u emails of job offers for hotels/ carer in london. my friends would forward it to me for me to check. Once I called two hotels to check if they outsource an agency & sent them the website & they are not surprise as I am on of the callers checking if they are really hiring abroad to work for them. They already reported the matter to the police.