PDA

View Full Version : English National spouse Kidnapped

Koala
6th September 2011, 05:39
Briton's wife abducted in Zambo

abs-cbnNEWS.com

Posted at 09/05/2011 4:14 PM | Updated as of 09/06/2011 12:28 AM

This is one city I wouldn't live in

MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Gunmen have kidnapped the common-law wife of a British national in the southern Philippines, the second abduction of a woman married to a European in 3 months, police said Monday.

Chief Superintendent Felicisimo Khu, Director for Integrated Police Operations for Western Command of the PNP, said 34-year-old Luicita Galvez was abducted by the suspects who posed as customers in her salon in Barangay Poblacion, Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay.

Galvez was taken away in a van that was later found abandoned, said regional police head Chief Superintendent Elpedio de Asis.

"Our police and military forces have been tracking down all the leads on this kidnapping case," de Asis said.

According to Khu, Galvez is a live-in partner of British national who works for an oil company in Malaysia.

Khu said the family of the victim has yet to receive a ransom demand from the abductors.

The British embassy could not be contacted for comment.

A Crisis Management Committee has been formed to solve the case, according to Col. Santiago Baluyot, commander of the Army's 102nd Brigade.

"Apparently, she was stalked. People were able to react but the incident happened so fast. Apparently, this was well-planned," Baluyot said.

Police are interviewing salon workers and other people to find leads on the kidnapping.

The victim has been living in the province for about a year and was allegedly leading a "high-profile lifestyle."

Galvez is also having large house built in the province, according to the military.

Baluyot declined to speculate if the Abu Sayyaf is behind the kidnapping.

"It might be a simple criminality but the impact may be great if we’ll say its related to terrorism," he said. "We hope this is not sensationalized because this may negatively impact on the image of Ipil. It may invite opinions that the situation here is so violent."

Kidnappings for ransom, often targeting foreigners, are a common occurrence in the lawless south, where Muslim insurgents, extremists and armed gangs are active.

In July, a Philippine-born woman married to a German man was abducted along with her son and a Filipino nephew in the same region. Authorities are yet to trace the three. – With reports from Edwin Sevidal, dzMM; and Agence France-P

Koala

joebloggs
6th September 2011, 10:58
most of my misses family are from Zamboanga, never been nor will I.

dont they count the whiteys on and off the planes there, to see if any have gone missing

hope he is freed soon :NoNo:

Terpe
6th September 2011, 11:09
Like plenty of other 'white guys' I've been in and around Zamboanga quite a few times visiting family. Luckily I've never had any issue to deal with and never felt threatened despite warnings about how dangerous the area is.
I take care wherever I go in Pinas, even in Manila or Cebu.

Seems this victim was attracting plenty of attention over a period of time.

Yep, I too hope the best outcome will come very soon.

andy222
6th September 2011, 11:15
Muslims again? I might be wrong.

joebloggs
6th September 2011, 13:11
Seems this victim was attracting plenty of attention over a period of time.

Yep, I too hope the best outcome will come very soon.

its easier for some people to blend in, i've always stood out like a sore thumb for a number of reasons :D

Terpe
6th September 2011, 13:43
its easier for some people to blend in, i've always stood out like a sore thumb for a number of reasons :D

Would vertical dimension be a contributing factor joe? :D

For me it's being a Bruce Willis lookalike :D Just something I have to bear.:)

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRI65dYA99BU8G0vu4a6Wtgsq1ms2PUWYwI2iuL-lj7PEaVT3bx

abaniko
6th September 2011, 13:46
zamboanga is a lovely place really shame..hope the goverment will do something..

Tawi2
6th September 2011, 14:46
dont they count the whiteys on and off the planes there, to see if any have gone missing
You sign the registration book at the airport,but this particular abduction happened in Ipil :Erm: Quite a way north of Zambo City itself and location of the famous Ipil pirate attack :Help1: Someone attempted a half-hearted verbal mugging a year or so ago in Zambo city itself down near the harbour,I told him I had something in my bag he could most certainly have but it wasnt cash and his wife and children would miss him dearly,he actually apologised and dissapeared back down the alley from whence he had came originally.