PDA

View Full Version : Hi!!!

mickmyrna
6th September 2011, 13:30
:Hellooo:
Hello there to everyone in UK/Filipino Forum land! Myself and my wife Myrna have just registered.
Myrna has been in the UK with me for just over 1 month now and we were wondering if anyone out there can recommend a book that will help her to prepare for her life in the UK test which she will have to take and pass within the next two years..........ok bye for now and thanks in advance!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
6th September 2011, 13:34
there is only one offical book "Life in the United Kingdom
A Journey to Citizenship Handbook - 2nd Edition" that the test is based on.

http://lifeintheuktest.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/

thou it would be a good idea, to do some free online tests or buy a test cd for the pc :xxgrinning--00xx3:

abaniko
6th September 2011, 13:49
im started to read as well need to take exam before the end of this year..journey to citizenship..2nd edition.

Arthur Little
6th September 2011, 15:43
:Hellooo:
Hello there to everyone in UK/Filipino Forum land! Myself and my wife Myrna have just registered.

:Hellooo:, Mick & Myrna ... :welcomex:

:) Myrna happens to be the name of MY wife too!!

Tawi2
6th September 2011, 15:44
Mick :)

Arthur Little
6th September 2011, 16:01
And ... wait for it ... one of our longest serving Trusted Members is also called Mick!

'Mick Cant' is his user name; he's on the forum regularly ... so you CAN look out for him here, and ...

... introduce yourselves. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
6th September 2011, 16:15
Hi. You might want to checkout ebay as the practice questions are available on there......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ctg/Passing-Life-UK-Test-Official-Practice-Questions-Stationery-Office-Books-Paperback-2009-/87319812?rt=nc&_pcategid=171280&_pcatid=610&_pdpal=1&_trksid=p5360.c0.m2000019

Arthur Little
6th September 2011, 16:25
Myrna has been in the UK with me for just over 1 month now and we were wondering if anyone out there can recommend a book that will help her to prepare for her life in the UK test which she will have to take and pass within the next two years..........ok bye for now and thanks in advance!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

there is only one offical book "Life in the United Kingdom
A Journey to Citizenship Handbook - 2nd Edition" that the test is based on.

http://lifeintheuktest.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/

thou it would be a good idea, to do some free online tests or buy a test cd for the pc :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes ... the publication Joe mentions - and I have highlighted - is the only OFFICIALLY-recognised one for the purposes of the 'Life in the UK' Test. It is available from the likes of Waterstones & W.H. Smith and/or any quality High Street bookstore ... and priced around the £10~£12 mark. Don't be tempted by cheaper alternatives. :NoNo:

There's also an accompanying handbook containing sets of 'Practice Qs & As ' ... a very worthwhile "investment" for a few extra quid. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
6th September 2011, 16:50
Oh ... it might be a good :idea: to check with the bookstore just in case, by any chance, an updated version has [recently] been/is likely to be introduced to supersede the 2nd Edition of the 2007 manual on which - to the best of my knowledge - current tests are based.

mickmyrna
6th September 2011, 19:03
Were both very lucky then!!!!!:)

mickmyrna
6th September 2011, 19:07
Thanks you all very much for the information - we'll go to Waterstones tomorrow!!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mickmyrna
6th September 2011, 19:10
Thank you Arthur! Might just do that!!!!

mickmyrna
6th September 2011, 19:13
thank you - Myrna found some online tests to try - i did one and failed!!!!! And ive lived here all my life!

stevie c
6th September 2011, 19:21
Hi mick & a very warm welcome to the forum :Wave:

mikey73
6th September 2011, 20:11
:Hellooo:welcome mick & myrna:Hellooo:

imagine
6th September 2011, 22:21
welcome mick and myrna :Wave: i see your in bradford west yorks, im originaly from shipley bradford

Terpe
7th September 2011, 08:39
Hello there to Mick & Myrna, a warm welcome here to the forum.
Well done for preparing in good time for the Life in UK test.
The questions are ALL based on specified chapters of the book. Preparation is the key and also allowing time for the test itself, which can be taken as many times as needed.
Practice, practice and more practice.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mickmyrna
8th September 2011, 12:59
Youre a long way from home now then! Did you move because of your job? I originally moved to Bradford in 1967 from North Wales.........

Arthur Little
8th September 2011, 13:59
Were both very lucky then!!!!!:)

:) Having wives called Myrna?? Most DEFINITELY ... :iagree:!

Arthur Little
8th September 2011, 14:07
thank you - Myrna found some online tests to try - i did one and failed!!!!! And ive lived here all my life!

Join "the club"! Mind you, it's hardly surprising ... when the pass mark is 75% or above!

Arthur Little
8th September 2011, 14:12
Preparation is the key.

Practice, practice and more practice. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... precisely!