PDA

View Full Version : Horror stories

Nick30
9th September 2011, 22:41
I just heard a horror story on what Terpe said about family visit visas.
My girlfriend plans to visit her sister on a family visit visa in February and they haven't seen each other for 7 years and I heard that someone applied to see her sister in the UK and was refused because they haven't seen each other for such a long time.
That has made me worried.
Surely this can't be right:NoNo:
Any help please would be good.

rusty
10th September 2011, 08:45
Every application is judged on the evidence you supply, do not worry about what others have done, concentrate on submitting a concise, well presented application and if you give all the requirements as specified, that will help the application. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nick30
10th September 2011, 10:19
Cheers rusty.

That has put my mind at ease :)

Nick30
10th September 2011, 10:21
My mahal has regular communications with her sister here on Yahoo messenger and webcam chats so that really shouldn't be a problem.

Terpe
10th September 2011, 21:56
I just heard a horror story on what Terpe said about family visit visas.
My girlfriend plans to visit her sister on a family visit visa in February and they haven't seen each other for 7 years and I heard that someone applied to see her sister in the UK and was refused because they haven't seen each other for such a long time.
That has made me worried.
Surely this can't be right:NoNo:
Any help please would be good.

Nick,
Take a look here:-
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/33507-Family-Visit-Visa-Need-Help-Thanks

I hope this will give some help to you.

Each application is reviewed by the ECO on its own merits.
You have always received some very fine advice and help on all aspects.

Just help the sis of your g/f to prepare a wonderful Sponsor letter.
It the whole application that counts.

Nick30
10th September 2011, 22:11
Thanks Terpe and I'm sorry for what I said.
It just took me by shock but now I'm much better.
Thanks for those links and of course I'm helping my mahals sister too on the invite and support letter.
We're so positive now. She's applying to visit from Kuwait so it would be a different procedure.
A friend of mine who is filipino and lives near me invited her friend also filipino who was working in Dubai at Emirates airlines came for a visit where she hasn't seen her friend in years so it can be an easy application :)

-sillybilly-
15th September 2011, 19:43
Glad I found this thread.....i'll have a proper read on the link.

My sister is now working in Riyadh as a nurse but ofcourse I' would love her to come over here on a visit visa for like 2 weeks?

I know its still early as shes still trying to adjust with her new environment, the culture, the traditions and the language. But this is our plan and my asawa is happy to help and sponsor her application one day when shes ready.

RickyR
15th September 2011, 20:02
As has been mentioned above, as long as you ensure that your application meets the requirements laid out in the border agency guidelines, it is impossible for the Entry Clearance Officer to deny the application. Under EU Regs and Human Rights all the requirements are online, and the ECO has to assess the application based on the evidence provided. So if she can prove she has a steady job and plans to return, has sufficient finances, a sponsor to meet her (a letter to support that), and travel plans, then it all goes smoothly. Having return tickets helps.

For proof of this, there is a TV program in the UK called 'UK Border Force' and it occasionally shows them assessing peoples applications. Sometimes you seem they say 'well i'm not sure this is a genuine application, but all the evidence provided meets the guidelines and means we must issue the visa...'

Nick30
20th September 2011, 17:51
Thanks for putting our minds at ease Ricky :) Yes I sometimes watch this programme and it's good to see what they find out and how risky the traveller is.