PDA

View Full Version : URGENT! - Marriage Certificate Authentification Validity?

YorkshirePuddin
12th September 2011, 11:29
URGENT! Do you have any idea how long a authenticated Marriage Certificate lasts? Am in the Phils, have applied online for visa and suddenly it has occured that the delay in taking an English test may have made our authenticated Marriage Certificate invalid! (it was authenticated on the 10th May) Any help or pointing us in the right direction would be appreciated.
(the links on the sticky spouse visa topic are now invalid)
Does the marriage certificate even have to be authenticated by the DFA?
Am stressed....:(

hawk
12th September 2011, 11:52
do you mean the cni cert or actual marriage cert?

hawk
12th September 2011, 12:00
it only be 3 month valid from time you got it or 120 days but others may correct me if wrong

YorkshirePuddin
12th September 2011, 12:03
I meant actual marriage certificate.

And am I right in saying that you do need to have it authenticated in order to process a Spouse Visa Application correctly?

lastlid
12th September 2011, 12:06
Does the marriage certificate even have to be authenticated by the DFA?

Someone ran that one by me recently. An NSO Marriage Certificate is already authenticated and doesnt need further authenticating, so I gather.

I posted a thread on that one.

lastlid
12th September 2011, 12:13
She will need a trip or two to the CFO but that can be done after she has acquired the visa......

steve monty
12th September 2011, 12:56
I meant actual marriage certificate.

And am I right in saying that you do need to have it authenticated in order to process a Spouse Visa Application correctly?

Have you got the NSO copy? The NSO copy is authenticated and does not lose it's validity. Thats the one you need in your spouse visa application.

The Marriage Certificate does not need to be authenticated by the DFA. You will need to take the Marriage Certificate to the DFA if you wanted to change your wife's passport details to new married name but you don't need to do that for the spouse visa application. She can apply using passport with her maiden name.

You will also need the NSO copy for the CFO meeting which she needs to go to, this can be done before or after applying for the spouse visa.

Arthur Little
12th September 2011, 13:07
Have you got the NSO copy? The NSO copy is authenticated and does not lose it's validity.[ Thats the one you need in your spouse visa application.

The Marriage Certificate does not need to be authenticated by the DFA. You will need to take the Marriage Certificate to the DFA if you wanted to change your wife's passport details to new married name but you don't need to do that for the spouse visa application. She can apply using passport with her maiden name.

You will also need the NSO copy for the CFO meeting which she needs to go to, this can be done before or after applying for the spouse visa.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... spot-on in EVERY aspect, Steve.

YorkshirePuddin
12th September 2011, 13:15
Thanks for all your posts! So, so appreciated. I can't even enjoy boracay sun while am stressing about this!

We have nso marriage certificate and is in wifes married name as is her passport. We got it dfa authenticated (may 10th) thinking we would have enough time to apply (then English test came in to play delaying things...)

So dfa authentication it seems is now out of date & it would seem we don't need it anyway. Wouldn't hurt to keep it with marriage certificate though would it?

Thank u for peace of mind guys. Really wanted to apply with the wife while I am over here on limited time trip.

lastlid
12th September 2011, 13:18
I can't even enjoy boracay sun while am stressing about this!
W
Good for you as we didnt see much Boracay sun as it was pretty dreadful that week in June.

Good luck with the application.