PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for the Result of my Spouse Visa..

Lady_Ivy
14th September 2011, 09:15
Hi everyone..

Sept.09--I lodged in my application. I received a message saying it has been dispatched to the British Embassy on the same day..

Sept.14--A message saying visa application is being processed at the British Embassy and the processing time varies.And that it is currently their peak season hence applications can take longer to process..

Wahhh..Every text or email that I open, makes my bones shake..Hope my visa will be granted soon...

sars_notd_virus
14th September 2011, 09:19
hope you get a good news soon

Terpe
14th September 2011, 09:22
Best wishes to you Lady_Ivy :xxgrinning--00xx3:
By all accounts it's quite a busy time just now.

Lady_Ivy
14th September 2011, 09:24
Thank you sars_notd_virus..I really hope it will be soon as I am 21 weeks pregnant..:)

Lady_Ivy
14th September 2011, 09:25
Best wishes to you Lady_Ivy :xxgrinning--00xx3:
By all accounts it's quite a busy time just now.

True.. :)

Thank you Terpe for the best wishes

Lady_Ivy
14th September 2011, 09:28
Terpe, can I ask a question?

Does the British Embassy really call for an interview? I am from Mindanao but living right now here in Manila with my aunt.I want to go home but I am afraid they might call for an interview anytime.

toging
14th September 2011, 09:54
goodluck!!! i will be lodging mine tomorrow....

KeithD
14th September 2011, 10:12
A good number of folk are waiting on visa's at the moment. They do process them as fast as they can, and over 90% are done within 30 working days.

lastlid
14th September 2011, 10:20
Hi everyone..

Sept.09--I lodged in my application. I received a message saying it has been dispatched to the British Embassy on the same day..

Sept.14--A message saying visa application is being processed at the British Embassy and the processing time varies.And that it is currently their peak season hence applications can take longer to process..

Wahhh..Every text or email that I open, makes my bones shake..Hope my visa will be granted soon...
Same for us. We applied on 2nd, a week earlier. Same messages. Same visa......

Also, it is making us very nervous too. So I know how it is.

lastlid
14th September 2011, 10:26
Terpe, can I ask a question?

Does the British Embassy really call for an interview? I am from Mindanao but living right now here in Manila with my aunt.I want to go home but I am afraid they might call for an interview anytime.

I have heard that it is rare, these days, that the embassy calls for an interview. No doubt Terpe will confirm that one way or another....

Terpe
14th September 2011, 11:03
I have heard that it is rare, these days, that the embassy calls for an interview. No doubt Terpe will confirm that one way or another....

Lady_Ivy, Yep it's very rare to be called for interview these days.
Even if the ECO requires more information or supporting documents etc, you will be requested to supply by some form of mail/e-mail/call etc.

Arthur Little
14th September 2011, 12:25
Thinking of you, Dave and your forthcoming baby ... take care, and all the best, Ivy. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
14th September 2011, 12:29
:) Interestingly ... MY wife, Myrna's from Mindanao too!!

Arthur Little
14th September 2011, 12:39
It so happens the Embassy DID require some further information from Myrna :rolleyes: ... but were perfectly content to accept this by mobile phone - without the need for any interview(s).

Lady_Ivy
14th September 2011, 14:31
goodluck!!! i will be lodging mine tomorrow....

Thank you and good luck too Toging...Hope everything goes well//

Lady_Ivy
14th September 2011, 14:34
A good number of folk are waiting on visa's at the moment. They do process them as fast as they can, and over 90% are done within 30 working days.

That's relieving to know Win2Win..Hope they will give my visa within a month so I can fly soon..Weee..Thanks

Lady_Ivy
14th September 2011, 14:38
Same for us. We applied on 2nd, a week earlier. Same messages. Same visa......

Also, it is making us very nervous too. So I know how it is.

I hope and pray we both will be granted the visa soon lastlid...

Lady_Ivy
14th September 2011, 14:39
Lady_Ivy, Yep it's very rare to be called for interview these days.
Even if the ECO requires more information or supporting documents etc, you will be requested to supply by some form of mail/e-mail/call etc.

Awww...Thanks for the info Terpe..I will go home and stay with my family on Saturday then and wait for the result there...

stevie c
14th September 2011, 14:42
GOOD LUCK & BEST WISHES TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE SUBMITTED & ARE WAITING ON THERE VISA RESULTS :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Lady_Ivy
14th September 2011, 14:43
It so happens the Embassy DID require some further information from Myrna :rolleyes: ... but were perfectly content to accept this by mobile phone - without the need for any interview(s).

Thank you Arthur Little for the informative reply re interview...I can go home now without so much hesitations...Thanks too for the best wishes..Where in Mindanao is your wife from..I am from Koronadal,South Cotabato..An hour away from General Santos City..

Lady_Ivy
14th September 2011, 14:45
GOOD LUCK & BEST WISHES TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE SUBMITTED & ARE WAITING ON THERE VISA RESULTS :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you Stevie C.

lastlid
15th September 2011, 06:37
Lady Ivy
We received a message today, it has taken 2 weeks, saying that our visa application is ready for collection. We opted for courier delivery. So we wont find out the result until the passport and application material arrives at my wifes house in a day or 2. So maybe you will know at the end of next week....

scott&ligaya
15th September 2011, 08:16
good luck, seems like good news, I am sure you will be using the celebration section to post tomorrow:Jump::Jump::Jump:

Lady_Ivy
15th September 2011, 08:28
Lady Ivy
We received a message today, it has taken 2 weeks, saying that our visa application is ready for collection. We opted for courier delivery. So we wont find out the result until the passport and application material arrives at my wifes house in a day or 2. So maybe you will know at the end of next week....

Wow..Goodluck Lastlid..Lemme know please if you get your visa..Its getting exciting and at the same time anxious...Weee..I opted for courier delivery too..Hope the result gets fast to your wife's house..

lastlid
16th September 2011, 09:26
Got it today Ivy. So your turn next....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
17th September 2011, 00:23
Arthur Little .. Where in Mindanao is your wife from .. I am from Koronadal,South Cotabato..An hour away from General Santos City..

Ah ... she was born in Pantukan, Combal Province - but moved to Tagum City, Davao del Norte while still fairly young - a long way from South Cotabato, I believe. :)

aiden
17th September 2011, 14:34

So did you get your visa and was it approved please share your experience with the board?

lastlid
17th September 2011, 15:51
So did you get your visa and was it approved please share your experience with the board?

Yes. I started a new thread entitled Thanks. But any questions then just ask.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lastlid
17th September 2011, 17:56
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/33628-Thanks

CAT
18th September 2011, 18:19
Goodluck Lady_Ivy :)

Lady_Ivy
19th September 2011, 16:31

Weee..Congrats lastlid..So when is your wife flying? Got an email today saying

Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days. Applicants in Australia and New Zealand should allow 3 days before tracking their documents via the local post. UKBA-Manila Visa Hub

but I wont celebrate yet until the visa is on my hand..wooo.Hope i get mine too..

Lady_Ivy
19th September 2011, 16:46

Congrats last lid..So when us your wife flying..Today I received an email saying..

Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days. Applicants in Australia and New Zealand should allow 3 days before tracking their documents via the local post. UKBA-Manila Visa Hub

I read here that this email means I got the visa too but I wont celebrate yet until the visa is on my hand..Hehehe..

Lady_Ivy
19th September 2011, 16:51
Ah ... she was born in Pantukan, Combal Province - but moved to Tagum City, Davao del Norte while still fairly young - a long way from South Cotabato, I believe. :)

I think its 3 hours away by bus Arthur..

Terpe
19th September 2011, 18:09
Weee..Congrats lastlid..So when is your wife flying? Got an email today saying

but I wont celebrate yet until the visa is on my hand..wooo.Hope i get mine too..

Congratulations Lady_Ivy, you did it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Well done to you. Your passport and Visa will be in your hands soon enough. :Jump: :Jump:
God Bless

lastlid
19th September 2011, 18:35
Your visa will be despatched shortly.

Yep ...Weeeeeeee....looks like you got it. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

My wife is flying on 2nd October.....Booking the tickets tonight.

toging
20th September 2011, 00:49
CONRATULATIONS LADY IVY!!!!!!:Jump::Jump::Jump:.....AND NOW I AM ALONE WATING:Erm::Erm:

Cheezy DJ
29th September 2011, 22:40
Hi Lastlid
Same here. My wife is in Manilla and got the same message today...only submitted the application few days ago!!! She is waiting for the courier delivery at her uncle's place....it's a bit nerveracking this !!!!! :)