PDA

View Full Version : Christmas dinner in the phils..

branno
19th September 2011, 20:56
ill be cooking this christmas dinner in the phils... ive now learnt that i have to cook for more than 6 :icon_lol:.... as u never know who may turn up... im normally ok cooking for 6 to 8 people here in the uk... but over there its more like 106 people... sooo my plans are to cook a traditional english dinner ie turkey or chicken... but i think i must not deprive them of a portion of rice.. :icon_lol: sooo has any one got a good starter or entree that includes rice... .... wud be much appreciated.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
19th September 2011, 20:59
Branno - How about taking a can of Ambrosia Rice Pudding :D

Moy
19th September 2011, 21:05
Christmas dinner in the phils..

heres a rough idea you could sort out brano:D..make sure you all have the 100% energy when doing this :rolleyes::icon_lol:

http://365greatpinoystuff.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/noche-buena.jpg

branno
19th September 2011, 21:09
Branno - How about taking a can of Ambrosia Rice Pudding :D

dedo... i cooked some rice pudding there once .... took me bloody hours... on the bbq... :icon_lol: went thru loads of milk tho and sugar... ohhh and tanduay ha ha ha :icon_lol: but the relaxed atmosphere was well worth it... can u imagine 4 hours of cooking rice and drinking emperador...:icon_lol: guess i gotta do it again well worth the hang over...:icon_lol:

RickyR
19th September 2011, 21:10
Don't forget the Queso de Bola!

branno
19th September 2011, 21:19
Don't forget the Queso de Bola!

would u serve that prior to mass ricky.. with say some yummy wine.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

branno
19th September 2011, 21:21
heres a rough idea you could sort out brano:D..make sure you all have the 100% energy when doing this :rolleyes::icon_lol:

http://365greatpinoystuff.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/noche-buena.jpg

looks yummified... but wheres the rice...:icon_lol:

Englishman2010
19th September 2011, 21:21
Get a good 25 - 30 lb turkey, and give them the carcass, they'll be picking them bones clean for weeks :D

Moy
19th September 2011, 21:24
ut wheres the rice...

the front right side..thats rice..valenciana...ala paella..:D:hubbahubba:

branno
19th September 2011, 22:01
the front right side..thats rice..valenciana...ala paella..:D:hubbahubba:

nice one moy... good idea thanks :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
19th September 2011, 22:07
Get a good 25 - 30 lb turkey, and give them the carcass, they'll be picking them bones clean for weeks :D

That made me think of this

http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Z19_mr-bean-cooking-turkey.jpg

grahamw48
20th September 2011, 00:41
Waiting for the food to appear: :)

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/8215/negs2025.jpg

grahamw48
20th September 2011, 00:55
Preparing some Christmas extra eats in the province: :)

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/2395/hongkongpics030.jpg

BoholoX
20th September 2011, 01:46
Just my P2 worth but personally I would'nt bother. I've tried many times (including a VERY expensive wedding reception) and the waste for a supposedly poor/hunger ravaged country makes you weep. Cook the usual, yawn yawn, Lechon, rice, Gusiado, rice, grilled fish, more rice, bifstek, rice, fried chicken oh and more rice and just do for yourself what you consider to be your celebratory meal to enjoy.

RickyR
20th September 2011, 07:20
I sort of agree with Boholox, a lot of our family whilst they like to taste something different, would much rather and are happier with the good old traditional filipino foods.
The most popular thing that I cook is a BBQ, throw on a mix of everything and buy the pre-prepared kebab sticks from the supermarket to ensure the family remain happy and have a truly cool christmas by the pool in the sunshine with lots of beer. Whilst those poor sods at home are stuck in the snow, wet, cold and watching re-runs on TV.

stevewool
20th September 2011, 07:40
treat them all to jolibees

RickyR
20th September 2011, 08:58
haha that would go down very well!

worthingmale
20th September 2011, 15:14
yum yum jollibees hahahaa

Terpe
20th September 2011, 18:30
........Cook the usual, yawn yawn, Lechon, rice, Gusiado, rice, grilled fish, more rice, bifstek, rice, fried chicken oh and more rice and just do for yourself what you consider to be your celebratory meal to enjoy.

This is about right.
Branno, I did try one year to prepare traditional English Xmas lunch. Well it didn't include Turkey, that was just far too expensive. Especially for a deep frozen USA monster that looked like it had been rolling around the bottom of the freezer cabinet for years.
Just 'native-chickens'. Complete with mash, roast potatoes, Parsnips, peas, beans, stuffing, bread sauce, home made yorkshire pudding and gravy. Cost me an arm and a leg and took forever to prepare and cook the way I wanted.
Well the chicken went down well, so did the yorkshire pudding and gravy. But everyone seemed to want rice, fried chicken and lechon.

The Christmas puddings hardly got touched. Nobody wanted to try cos it didn't smell nice.

The only thing that did demand 2nd, 3rd and 4th helpings was the wine.:Cuckoo:

RickyR
20th September 2011, 19:18
Thats a funny thing Terpe, I often cook Yorkshire Puds and they go down a treat.
The other thing that I cooked which is enjoyed is Chicken Kiev!