PDA

View Full Version : air travel in the phils

stevewool
26th September 2011, 09:38
hi all, just asking this question, we are hoping to take Emmas dad and bro with us to to differant parts of the phils, ie flying, but neither have passports, they have never traveled on a plan before , so when trying to book a flight from here it ask for passport number, Ems says you dont need a passport to travel if you are a local, is that right or any other surgestions please, i dont want Em to start a tampoon thing with me over this:)

Englishman2010
26th September 2011, 11:27
Technically you don't need a passport for domestic travel, but you do need a valid form of photographic ID, in the Uk that would be a plastic divers licence.

I don't know the answers for Phil's domestic travel, but I would guess that they must have to provide some form of ID. Have they got any official ID?

Dedworth
26th September 2011, 11:32
, i dont want Em to start a tampoon thing with me over this:)

Sounds nasty :yikes: Tampo combined with use of a harpoon. Sorry I don't know answer re passport but I'd think Englishman is right about photo ID

Englishman2010
26th September 2011, 12:07
Sounds nasty :yikes: Tampo combined with use of a harpoon.

:yikes::yikes::yikes:

stevewool
26th September 2011, 12:24
just raised voices at the mo but watch this space i think, yes they have there id cards and Em says thats all they need

Englishman2010
26th September 2011, 12:49
Have you checked the airlines website? They should say on there what ID you need on domestic flights.

Englishman2010
26th September 2011, 12:53
Steve,

I've just read a Cebu Pac ticket I have, and it says the following:

Guests should present valid photo ID. for this purpose they are company ID, drivers licence, passport, school ID, SSS card, TIN card. The name of the photo ID should match should match the name on the booking.

I would guess that PAL and the others are exactly the same.

stevewool
26th September 2011, 13:07
thanks Ian just looking at that myself, know just have to make sure they have proper id, Ems dad and bro, this holiday is doing my head in and all emm can do is play on cityvill on facebook :doh:doh:doh:doh:doh:doh:doh

malditako
26th September 2011, 17:06
as other have said steve they dont need passport...just a valid ID like drivers license voters ID...dunoo if they still accept postal ID. have u decided now where to bring them? :)

branno
26th September 2011, 20:35
normally an id card is sufficient.. as long as its a true and verified card.

raynaputi
27th September 2011, 00:33
any government issued IDs with photo are accepted steve..even the senior citizen card..that's what my grandparents showed when we all went to Boracay..for students, school IDs are enough. :)

Arthur Little
27th September 2011, 02:14
:iagree: ... some simple, straightforward ID ought to suffice, Steve. I'd been going to say I wouldn't have thought passports were necessary for domestic flights ... as Myrna didn't have one when I first visited the Phils. But then - being a teacher :rolleyes: - she WOULD'VE already had a recognised form of identity authorising travel to the likes of Manila on official Education business. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

BoholoX
28th September 2011, 01:15
PAL staff have had a walk out by the way, over outsourcing (how much money can you really save on P300 a day???) It's a Union thing.

Maybe stick to Cebu Pac for the time being.

scott&ligaya
30th September 2011, 08:14
Hi Steve, Joys mum, brother and various assorted nieces nephews and cousins have all been over to our place , they will be fine with any ID, Think they used their social security ID cards

purple
30th September 2011, 10:36
No need for passports for domestic travel Steve. Any government issued photo ID will do.

but I bet Em will be glad as well if you will take her parents abroad like HK, Singapore, Thailand or Malaysia.