PDA

View Full Version : Surface post to Australia

mickcant
27th September 2011, 07:54
Hi all:Wave:
I have beeb to the Post Office website, and admit defeat on trying to understand if there is still time to send a parcel that is rather heavy by non airmail to Australia?

I would like it all to be there before Christmas.
I do have Christmas cards to send also, so if nessary I could send the cards Air Mail, and the heavy bit by Surface post as that could arrive after Christmas if it had to.

Mick:crazy:

Dedworth
27th September 2011, 11:31
Hi all:Wave:
I have beeb to the Post Office website, and admit defeat on trying to understand if there is still time to send a parcel that is rather heavy by non airmail to Australia?

I would like it all to be there before Christmas.
I do have Christmas cards to send also, so if nessary I could send the cards Air Mail, and the heavy bit by Surface post as that could arrive after Christmas if it had to.

Mick:crazy:

They're probably slow off the mark in publishing it but I've got 4 Oct noted down from a previous year for parcels so you should be ok

Terpe
27th September 2011, 11:44
I did make a quick search, but wasn't able to come up with anything.
I'll try later if no better information comes along. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mickcant
27th September 2011, 11:45
They're probably slow off the mark in publishing it but I've got 4 Oct noted down from a previous year for parcels so you should be ok

Thank you Deadworth, I have just been in the Post Office, no posters up and a long quee with two windows out of eight open, I had frozen fish with me and I think it would have thawed by the time I could have asked:crazy:

Mick.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
27th September 2011, 11:52
Thank you Deadworth, I have just been in the Post Office, no posters up and a long quee with two windows out of eight open, I had frozen fish with me and I think it would have thawed by the time I could have asked:crazy:

Mick.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

No doubt all the punters there will have been on non core Post Office business ie buying Euros & Travel Insurace, enquiring about Post Office phones and credit cards etc etc :cwm23: