PDA

View Full Version : Who is to blame for fractured Britain

Dedworth
29th September 2011, 08:49
In my opinion undoubtedly 13 years of Labour Government - interesting article here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/8451917/Who-is-to-blame-for-fractured-Britain.html

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01873/immi_1873046b.jpg

grahamw48
29th September 2011, 09:59
Well, the government are supposed to GOVERN, so yes, ultimately the responsibility is theirs...ie (the multi-millionaire) Blair's Baffoons.

Never before has the country been run by such a bunch of hypocritical self-serving :censored:.

At least the Tories don't pretend to be something they're not.

scott&ligaya
29th September 2011, 10:08
good article, interesting to note that that it is now possible to discuss immigration, lack of integration and race in a sensible national newspaper, not sure they could have done that even a couple of years back... the mood is changing in the country, slowly but surely.

Pete/London
29th September 2011, 10:18
We have had spineless politicians since the Suez crisis of the 50s, a succession of bad government that has failed to stand up against the world and instead went for appeasement to the Yanks.
To complete the downward trend we had a generation who were glad to come home after the 2nd world war and let these governments throw them a few crumbs such as the health service, and full employment,whilst being screwed by big business. The trade unions got infiltrated by commies and failed to give good representation.
My generation , who were teenagers of the 60s, were just interested in having a good time with the new freedoms, and did not take enough interest in politics,
we had good music, loads of sex, foreign holidays, while the good old class system just fiddled away behind the scenes and accelerated the decline.
We have had the leadership we deserve, even now:NoNo:

joebloggs
29th September 2011, 10:55
dedworth how can you just blame labour, look at the damage thatcher\major did, they are all to blame, they all played a part :censored: this country up, cameron is doing it now, talks big, does little :laugher:

this country is going to bail out the euro :laugher:

grahamw48
29th September 2011, 12:16
At least Maggie had some balls. :)

Dedworth
29th September 2011, 12:52
dedworth how can you just blame labour, look at the damage thatcher\major did, they are all to blame, they all played a part :censored: this country up, cameron is doing it now, talks big, does little :laugher:

this country is going to bail out the euro :laugher:

Correct me if I'm wrong Joe but which Govt brought in and fully endorsed Human Rights legislation ? Clue here - the former PM's wife makes a fat living out of it

imagine
29th September 2011, 13:07
i dont think any gov,over the past 30 yrs approx, have been any use at all,
during conservative gov, do i remember something about boundrys being changed to ensure maximum cons votes,,, seats?
did the following labour gov have difficulty due to lack of seats?
maggie made so many changes, it would have been inpossible to reverse her changes,and by the time labour got back in both the people and gov were very changed attitudes, and seemed very little difference between any party,

joebloggs
29th September 2011, 13:35
Correct me if I'm wrong Joe but which Govt brought in and fully endorsed Human Rights legislation ? Clue here - the former PM's wife makes a fat living out of it

tories took us into the EU in 1975, and we've not had a :censored: vote since :angry: thats democracy for you :D

scott&ligaya
29th September 2011, 13:42
I think we need a new party... It can be called the Common Sense and Natural Justice party.. anyone got time to head it up... I would go for a double team of Graham48 and Terpe with Dedworth as chief whip (enforcer).

NOW THERE IS A DREAM TEAM

Dedworth
29th September 2011, 13:43
tories took us into the EU in 1975, and we've not had a :censored: vote since :angry: thats democracy for you :D

I think there's a slight difference between Human Rights insanity and selling Bananas in kilograms

imagine
29th September 2011, 14:00
bring back lbs and ounces, at least you knew what you was getting :laugher:

Arthur Little
29th September 2011, 14:10
Personally, I don't think it's so much the fault of ANY particular government ... more - I'd say, to do with the hugely inflated salaries, bonuses, &c., being dished out to FAT cat bankers, so-called celebrities and sports personalities. :cwm23:

Arthur Little
29th September 2011, 14:41

:iagree:, Graham ... love her or loathe her ... many former, long-term council tenants (myself included) have much to be grateful to Thatcher for; after all, it was SHE who gave people like me, the chance to step onto the bottom rung of the property ladder - a move I certainly couldn't otherwise have ever contemplated. :NoNo:

imagine
29th September 2011, 15:31
:iagree:, Graham ... love her or loathe her ... many former, long-term council tenants (myself included) have much to be grateful to Thatcher for; after all, it was SHE who gave people like me, the chance to step onto the bottom rung of the property ladder - a move I certainly couldn't otherwise have ever contemplated. :NoNo:

now that is very true, and i too bought my council property, though i must say i dont think it should ever have been done without means to rebuild more council property,
and on that point also,having worked for council direct works in the past, iv seen some sights for sore eyes on some council estates, a lot of tennents undeserving of living in anything better than a mud hut

Arthur Little
29th September 2011, 16:06
now that is very true, and i too bought my council property, *though i must say i dont think it should ever have been done without means to rebuild more council property,

:gp: *there, Stewart ... the downside IS, that there HAS undoubtedly been a decline in council building programmes in the decades since the late 1970s.

Dedworth
29th September 2011, 16:10
Back then social housing was not being filled with thousands of so called "asylum seekers" and their litters of offspring. Another argument in favour of keeping the housing for born and bred Brits and putting the economic migrants in communal basic accomodation.

imagine
29th September 2011, 16:18
Back then social housing was not being filled with thousands of so called "asylum seekers" and their litters of offspring. Another argument in favour of keeping the housing for born and bred Brits and putting the economic migrants in communal basic accomodation.

back then the undeserving tennents i refered to were uk citizens as were their ancesters,

Dedworth
29th September 2011, 16:21
back then the undeserving tennents i refered to were uk citizens as were their ancesters,

I'd have them evicted too and put in breeze block built unheated shacks. I remember my Dad telling me about one council who used to put scotes and defaulters in ropey old houses with no internal doors etc - couldn't do it now because of their 'Uman Rites

imagine
29th September 2011, 17:39
iv seen coal stored in the bath, iv seen doors,,, floorboards ripped up and burnt by the tennents through the winter, just to be renewed by the council ready for the next year lol,
they were never charged for it, if they had been then social security would have had to pay

Dedworth
29th September 2011, 17:41
iv seen coal stored in the bath, iv seen doors,,, floorboards ripped up and burnt by the tennents through the winter, just to be renewed by the council ready for the next year lol,
they were never charged for it, if they had been then social security would have had to pay

The animals should be put out on the street :cwm23:

grahamw48
29th September 2011, 18:40
We used to dream about having a bath that wasn't galvanised...and an inside bog. :cwm3:

imagine
29th September 2011, 19:32
oh i can just remember the tin bath, and the outside bog with the news paper torn into squers :icon_lol:

grahamw48
29th September 2011, 19:39
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/6706/alfgarnett.jpg

:D

tone
29th September 2011, 19:53
I think we need a new party... It can be called the Common Sense and Natural Justice party.. anyone got time to head it up... I would go for a double team of Graham48 and Terpe with Dedworth as chief whip (enforcer).

NOW THERE IS A DREAM TEAM

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:-Knowing when to come in out of the rain; - Why the early bird gets the worm;- Life isn't always fair; - And maybe it was my fault. Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies, don't spend more than you can earn and adults, not children, are in charge. His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition. Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion. Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault. Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement. Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife Discretion, his daughter Responsibility, and his son, Reason. He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights,I Want It Now,Someone Else Is To Blame,I'm A Victim.Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, do nothing (shared from a friend) ;)

There you go mate! Thought this was quite appropriate.

grahamw48
29th September 2011, 20:08
So damned right ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
29th September 2011, 20:09
Excellent :)

Pete/London
30th September 2011, 01:01
Common sense appeared out the blue on Wednesday night with Peter Oborne appearance on Newsnight
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2011/09/28/peter-oborne-idiot-newsnight_n_986267.html?ref=mostpopular :xxgrinning--00xx3:

les_taxi
30th September 2011, 05:56
100% true:)

stevewool
30th September 2011, 06:19

do you know something we dont , these balls thing:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

scott&ligaya
30th September 2011, 08:00
Brilliant and 100% spot on Tone... we need to start this party NOW

scott&ligaya
30th September 2011, 10:36
another story for us to get wound up about reference our EU masters

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15120522

Dedworth
30th September 2011, 10:43
another story for us to get wound up about reference our EU masters

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15120522

I was grinding my teeth earlier listening to it on LBC.

I'll take up your offer of the Whip vacancy in the new party Scott :D

purple
30th September 2011, 11:01
This is the very reason why Phil. gov't dont want the foreigners to have the same rights with filipino. Intergration is good, as long as each individuals knows each boundaries.

scott&ligaya
30th September 2011, 11:08
I believe the only benefits us whiteys want from the Phils is teh right to buy land and the right to dual citizenship to not have visa extensions. I will prorbably cough up a five year bond of $20,000 USD for the "right" to stay in the Phils on a SRRV visa.. ... Oh the right not to be royally ripped off on everything beacuse I am a whitey would be nice hehehehehehehe

purple
30th September 2011, 11:53
Oh its not only the whitey that some filipinos would rip you off scott. even filipinos do it to their filipinos which is a sad fact. The crab mentality and jealousy when one of their comrades enjoying the success of life. Sometimes, even family relatives will do that.

So need to be careful still. If you speak and understand filipino no one will bother to rip you off. Trust me it works. You can even haggle ;) but don't over do the haggling part as they only try to make a living and make ends meet. And mostly people who do the ripping off are in the places where the tourists frequents or too naive and did not do so much research in the area. I think it is the same everywhere.