PDA

View Full Version : School admission

Moy
5th October 2011, 20:23
Being a spouse visa holder..:rolleyes: is it ok to make an fill up application for Admission to School for my kids in my name to local authority?..does it harm my status to when i apply for ILR..:cwm24: any advice..am bit confuse..think this is not public fund:rolleyes: correct me if am wrong:cwm24::Jump:

hawk
5th October 2011, 22:56
if you have kids at school age then they will need to be in school regardless were you come from

grahamw48
5th October 2011, 23:15
It's against the law for them NOT to be in school.

You won't have any problems with it. :)

Moy
6th October 2011, 11:22
It's against the law for them NOT to be in school.

You won't have any problems with it. :)

much appreaciated of the reply graham..thanks..:xxgrinning--00xx3: :Jump:
though i know the question itlsef is doddgy and self explainatory :D

KeithD
6th October 2011, 11:24
You could send them down the local mine instead :rolleyes:

Moy
6th October 2011, 11:32
if you have kids at school age then they will need to be in school regardless were you come from

thanks for the reply hawk:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
6th October 2011, 11:33
You could send them down the local mine instead :rolleyes:

sory boss my brain was numb:yikes::rolleyes: at the moment:omg::D kindly explain:D

KeithD
6th October 2011, 11:38
sory boss my brain was numb:yikes::rolleyes: at the moment:omg::D kindly explain:D

What was wrong with the working conditions for children (http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/Homework/victorians/children/working.htm)during the Victorian times?

Children worked very long hours with little breaks and no fresh air.
They often worked in very dangerous conditions resulting in injuries or even death.
Very young children were expected to work
There was no education for the poor, so it was very unlikely they could get better paid jobs when they were older.
Children were paid very little because they were younger

Those were the days :D

Moy
6th October 2011, 13:06
ah great inf..think i need a reference book now for further details..:D
so were your children been to that sitaution..hope there fine now..:Jump::xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
6th October 2011, 13:15
What was wrong with the working conditions for children (http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/Homework/victorians/children/working.htm)during the Victorian times?

Children worked very long hours with little breaks and no fresh air.
They often worked in very dangerous conditions resulting in injuries or even death.
Very young children were expected to work
There was no education for the poor, so it was very unlikely they could get better paid jobs when they were older.
Children were paid very little because they were younger

Those were the days :D

it looks like many people will have to start sending their kids to work to survive :cwm24: becuase of the cut backs of this tory gov :D

my misses did all the forms etc for our kids to go to skool, no problems at all in getting ILR or citizenship

grahamw48
6th October 2011, 15:07
My boy already works in the local Pizza place after college to top up his £20 a week pocket money.

....AND I'm paying for his driving lessons. :Erm:

Me, I've got sod all to spare....just a poverty-stricken old has-been. :cwm3:

Arthur Little
6th October 2011, 19:04
Me, I've got sod all to spare....

... know the feeling, Graham. ;) At least I DID - around the time I turned *60. Back then - being early retired, and aware that women had long been able to claim THEIR State Pension at *that age - I contacted the DWP ... who informed me I may be eligible for having my monthly superannuation allowance topped up by **Pension Credit (which I had never previously heard of) in order to bring it into line with the minimum income standards.

Anyway, an appropriate means test - and the fact that I still faced a couple more years of mortgage repayments - soon determined I'd be entitled to a small weekly sum, plus [more importantly] help with Council Tax until I reached age 65 ... although I must admit to being worried sick :23_111_9[1]: at sixty-four (not for the same reasons as the Beatles :NoNo:) about the effect being in receipt of what, after all, amounted to a **'State Benefit', was likely to have on my eventual sponsorship of Myrna's spousal visa application.

grahamw48
6th October 2011, 23:08
They've moved the goal posts now Arthur.

I don't qualify for Pension Credit for another couple of years apparently....or a bus pass. :rolleyes:

I do get Child Benefit for my son until he finishes 6th Form College though.

I don't begrudge him a penny, and I don't mind making a few sacrifices. - Just want to help give him a good life. :)

Rosie1958
10th October 2011, 00:48
........I do get Child Benefit for my son until he finishes 6th Form College though.

I don't begrudge him a penny, and I don't mind making a few sacrifices. - Just want to help give him a good life. :)

Graham, you are such a GOOD dad! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy, I'm sure you won't have any problems with your application unless the class sizes are full. Best of luck anyway.

grahamw48
10th October 2011, 01:09
Thanks Rosie :coucouchapeau:

To be fair, he also has a loving mother, but only gets to see her two or three times a year. :)

As with a a lot of parents, he'll always be my 'baby'. :icon_lol:

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/9312/richabout8months.jpg