PDA

View Full Version : And the journey continues... (just a blah-blah of my stay in England)

etoile23
10th October 2011, 20:05
Time flies by soooo quickly... It's my 2nd year in UK last October 5. :yikes: It seems like yesterday when I first set foot on England's soil. I didn't like the weather instantly. I suddenly wanted to catch the first flight back to Manila. But when I got to see London, it's just like what I saw on the pictures: London Eye, Big Ben, the double decker bus and the ever-popular telephone booth (yes, my first UK shot is beside of that famous phone booth). And I told myself, I am ready!

Looking back, I learned a lot. Shed tears and sweat. Meet new people. Had a fun, fun rollercoaster-ride-type of marriage. Learned to like the English food. Become slightly alcoholic. :Rasp: Able to conquer my first mountain. (shame, I wasn't able to do it back home :bigcry:)

I'm thankful with this site, I met my wonderful Filipina friend. And we still remain the closest buddies.

Sometime next week, I am applying my ILR. Hopefully everything will be fine. And hopefully I will meet more wonderful and amazing people who will inspire me to bravely continue the journey no matter how difficult the road of what-we-call LIFE. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
10th October 2011, 20:25
Thanks for posting your story so far...... more to come I'm sure :rolleyes:
The bit about enjoying English food seems a bit farfetched to me :Cuckoo:

Anyway thanks for sharing and all good luck for your ILR.
Your immigration journey is reaching the final lap.

imagine
10th October 2011, 20:41
:xxgrinning--00xx3:nicely put together short story, :xxgrinning--00xx3:
wish you well on your journey

Moy
10th October 2011, 20:42
life is a roller coaster indeed its been a hard road..specially the adjustment period of being married..:angry::bigcry::yikes::D but othwerwise things could only be better.

etoile23
10th October 2011, 21:47
awwww thanks sooo much guys :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
10th October 2011, 22:09
Life is what we make it.....goodluck on your Journey!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

scott&ligaya
10th October 2011, 22:41
I see you are in Brum, my wife is always looking for new friends, A new wife just arrived in Brum 3 weeks ago and is also looking for friends. I cannot PM you as you are a newbie but happy for you to mail us

Rosie1958
10th October 2011, 22:50
Good luck with your application for ILR Etoile23 and great to hear that you have settled in well! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
10th October 2011, 23:35
Time flies by soooo quickly... It's my 2nd year in UK last October 5. :yikes:
Looking back, I learned a lot.

I'm thankful with this site, I met my wonderful Filipina friend. And we still remain the closest buddies.

Sometime next week, I am applying my ILR. Hopefully everything will be fine. And hopefully I will meet more wonderful and amazing people who will inspire me to bravely continue the journey no matter how difficult the road of what-we-call LIFE. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

:) Yes, indeed ... time flies - especially when you've been enjoying yourself - rising to the challenges of a completely different lifestyle from that to which you'd previously been accustomed. I remember greeting you when you joined us here - shortly after your arrival a couple of years ago. :thankyou: for sharing your experiences with us ... and all the very best with your imminent ILR application. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
11th October 2011, 08:32
best of luck for the ilr, life is what we make it, sometimes hard , sometimes good, but as long as we all can smile , the world becomes a nicer place to be:xxgrinning--00xx3:

etoile23
11th October 2011, 11:36
I see you are in Brum, my wife is always looking for new friends, A new wife just arrived in Brum 3 weeks ago and is also looking for friends. I cannot PM you as you are a newbie but happy for you to mail us

Yeah I saw and replied to that thread of guyki... we're very excited to meet new friends.

oh please do add and contact me, this is my yahoo ID: aycee_froze

Thank you :xxgrinning--00xx3:

etoile23
11th October 2011, 11:39
THANK YOU ALL GUYS FOR THE HEARTWARMING REPLIES :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

scott&ligaya
11th October 2011, 16:58
I will get Ligaya/Joy to get in touch

stevie c
11th October 2011, 17:25
Nice story everyone has there ups & downs even us british :icon_lol:

Good luck with your ilr application :xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
11th October 2011, 20:11
Hey welcome Etoile23 like my wife when you came over you are very young and your first post reminds me of all the amazing sights and sounds i take for granted which i re discovered with the missus.

Good luck with the ILR and hope you enjoy being on the Site :xxgrinning--00xx3:

etoile23
11th October 2011, 20:23
Nice story everyone has there ups & downs even us british :icon_lol:

Good luck with your ilr application :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you, Stevie! :) yeah, I think my husband has also ups and downs because of me as well LOL :D:D he is the most amazing man even I'm on my lunatic state :D:D

etoile23
11th October 2011, 20:28
Hey welcome Etoile23 like my wife when you came over you are very young and your first post reminds me of all the amazing sights and sounds i take for granted which i re discovered with the missus.

Good luck with the ILR and hope you enjoy being on the Site :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Awwwww cheers! That's sooo nice to her. Hope you and your better half are having an amazing life together :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
11th October 2011, 20:29
Thank you, Stevie! :) yeah, I think my husband has also ups and downs because of me as well LOL :D:D he is the most amazing man even I'm on my lunatic state :D:D

What a great thing to say !! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
:)

etoile23
11th October 2011, 20:34
Awwwww cheers! That's sooo nice to her. Hope you and your better half are having an amazing life together :xxgrinning--00xx3:

**oopsss! supposed to be *hear* not *her* :doh

scott&ligaya
12th October 2011, 15:30
hi there, we have sent you a note on yahoo messenger with our contact details..right now Guyki (Maryjean) is at our place watching TFC with Ligaya ... ohhh dearrrrr ..