PDA

View Full Version : fact or fiction:)

Moy
17th October 2011, 21:43
i ask the husband ..why did you marry me:D:rolleyes: ?..he answer:yikes: well aside from the love:olddude::heartshape1: reason(mutual feeling) of course:D:Rasp: and the main reason of marrying me is he dont want a divorce:laugher::cwm24::D(been married in Philippines) now i know the reason..
yet at the back of my mind a jokes plying..he marry a asian wife as its pretty cheap that his money will go on long way:Help1::D:cwm24:
apologize to those that will read this ..just my funny though ..just wanted to express..anyone is of course free to comments:cwm24::xxaction-smiley-047:icon_lol:

imagine
17th October 2011, 23:22
oh dear,,,,,,,, the price of love :icon_lol:

many a true word spoken in jest :olddude:

Terpe
18th October 2011, 16:03
Moy, why did you marry him??

Oh by the way Moy, if he really wants to divorce you he can do so here in UK.

grahamw48
18th October 2011, 20:28
True, and Moy can do the same. :cwm3:

Moy
18th October 2011, 21:12
Moy, why did you marry him??

Oh by the way Moy, if he really wants to divorce you he can do so here in UK.

aha..so even if you married in the Philippines..when it comes to UK the divorce is applicable..:yikes::D..coz what i know was only annulment is allow to the philippine law..when you are married in PH:cwm24:

Terpe
18th October 2011, 22:51
Moy,
It's a little bit complicated but in principle if the foreign spouse files the divorce abroad, and is allowed to remarry, then the Pinoy spouse can also follow procedure and be allowed to remarry even in Philippines.

If the Pinoy spouse files the divorce then it will not be accepted in Philippines.

This assumes that the pinoy spouse is RP citizen not dual citizen.

This is the legal position.
If anyone wants to disagree. Talk to my lawyer :D
Or better still talk to their own lawyer ,or do some research.

Terpe
18th October 2011, 22:52
True, and Moy can do the same. :cwm3:

Yes Graham she can, but if she is an RP citizen only it will not be recognised in RP
Check it out.

grahamw48
18th October 2011, 22:59
Yes, I should have added....assuming you now have British citizenship (which my ex presumably waited for before divorcing me. I couldn't be bothered with it.).

Which still makes me wonder about her status in the Phils though. I didn't divorce her. :Erm:

Terpe
18th October 2011, 23:04
Yes, I should have added....assuming you now have British citizenship (which my ex presumably waited for before divorcing me. I couldn't be bothered with it.).

Which still makes me wonder about her status in the Phils though. I didn't divorce her. :Erm:

... this provision was later interpreted by the Supreme Court to include cases involving parties who, at the time of the celebration of the marriage were Filipino citizens, but later on, one of them becomes naturalized as a foreign citizen and obtains a divorce decree. The reckoning point is not the citizenship of the parties at the time of marriage, but their citizenship at the time a valid divorce is obtained abroad by the alien spouse capacitating the latter to remarry. (Philippines vs. Orbecido III, G.R. No. 154380, 5 October 2005).

grahamw48
18th October 2011, 23:11
Ok, thanks for clarifying . :xxgrinning--00xx3:

As long as I'M free too. :D

sars_notd_virus
19th October 2011, 11:03
The fact is there is a recognition of foreign divorce:D:xxgrinning--00xx3: