PDA

View Full Version : zest air

stevewool
22nd October 2011, 11:11
any one knows anything good about zestair, we are flying into Kalibo from manila, thanks

lykayu01
22nd October 2011, 12:05
better CEBUPACIFIC i guess from MANILA to CATICLAN much closer going to BORA than KALIBO... ;'):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
22nd October 2011, 12:21
I think they run double seated hang gliders , you get a good view but the service is rubbish :icon_lol:

RickyR
22nd October 2011, 12:54
Zest Air is a bit cheaper then Cebu Pacific and includes 15kg baggage allowance as standard. I've used them instead of cebu pacific for the last year or so, and shuttled back and forth between Manila and Cebu on them and found them fine. The aircraft are a little old and haven't been properly refitted from the previous owners (Iberia, etc etc).
The thing to basically remember with all the low cost airlines in the Philippines (Cebu Pacific Air, Zest, AirPhilExpress) is that whether they are supposed to or not, you'll basically never get a refund. If they are late, well so be it. If they cancel the flight, you have to accept whatever they give you (a flight a week later or whatever lol) and if you miss the flight yourself it's end of game. I know this sounds a bit negative, but don't expect anything more then a bus service and you won't be dissapointed.
I've never been more then 20 mins later with Zest, so on that note they are ok. But I don't consider them any better or worse then other airlines in the Phils.

The only real mainline carrier in the Philippines is Philippine Airlines, who should be more reliable and offer better service, however the present industrial disputes probably make the worst airline to fly with at the moment.

Dedworth
22nd October 2011, 13:08
better CEBUPACIFIC i guess from MANILA to CATICLAN much closer going to BORA than KALIBO... ;'):xxgrinning--00xx3:

With a generous 5kg of baggage :icon_lol:

Terpe
22nd October 2011, 14:20
any one knows anything good about zestair, we are flying into Kalibo from manila, thanks

Is everything booked and confirmed or do you have a chance to change your schedule to arrive in Caticlan?

stevewool
22nd October 2011, 14:41
nothing is booked yet , just looking at the prices and the fares, zestair for 4 is just under 15000 peso, cebu is 27000, and if we fly to caticlan its 42000 with seaair, so you see the price is what to look for, but i am open to any sugestions

mistermatty
24th October 2011, 15:06
avoid avoid avoid

i once booked a ticket from HKG to Clark on Zest air but they decided to ditch the route but they did not tell me nor annouce it on there website so i found out by reading about it in the newspaper .....then took me a further 4 months to get a refund and then they ended up refunding me TWICE lol

stick with cebu pacific or pal in my opinion .

Englishman2010
24th October 2011, 21:27
You should be fine if you follow Ricky's advice Steve:xxgrinning--00xx3:

You should take into account that you will need to get a transfer from Kalibo to the port at Caticlan. I took a nice (good quality) air conditioned coach last year, the journey took about 2 hours to Caticlan, I can't remember the exact cost of the coach, but it was probably around 250 pesos per person each way. Coaches might take a bit longer than an AC Minivan, but they are far more comfortable than being squashed in the back of a van with a dozen other people and their luggage for 2 hours:omg:

burf316
25th October 2011, 08:53
Hi! try to check out this site:

http://fleo.ph/

just seen that from TV... hehehehheh... hope it can help! :)

:caddy:
:philippines:

RickyR
25th October 2011, 12:00
What it comes down to Steve, is that people can say this airline is better or that airline is better. But in reality, all of the low cost airlines in the Philippines are as bad as each other, I don't think any is better then the other. You can find horror stories about them all, and as long as you go in with your eyes open and know what the reality is, you're fine.

As mentioned, PAL has some advantages, but industrial action at the moment would make them the poorest choice.

desiderata_78
25th October 2011, 13:01
Hi Steve! Seems like you are going to fly from Manila to Kalibo and then go to Boracay and vice versa.

If I may suggest.. If you are not in a hurry to be going to Boracay you can take the Zestair midnight flight at a minimal costs (if you are going with a group). Then arrange a hotel for you and company to stay in after your arrival at the airport (I would recommend La Esperanza Hotel and arrange to be picked up). If you wanna see Kalibo you can take a one day tour. And the next morning you can proceed to Boracay and enjoy the Island. You can also ask the hotel if it is possible that you be transported to Caticlan.

http://www.aklan.gov.ph/ for other info that may help you during your stay here in Kalibo.

Please feel free to message me if you need some info.

:)

stevewool
25th October 2011, 15:07
thanks all for the great advice, a flight is a flight as i see it, i would like to see other places but Emma wants to take her dad and bro to borocay, so what choice have i, the trouble is getting back to Kalibo a late flight, around 5pm, so that gives us lots of time to get from borocay, plus like i say when there is 4 fares and accomadation plus food for 7 days the cheaper the better for me i think, anyway still looking may end up in bohal if i cry loud enough:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Englishman2010
25th October 2011, 16:27
Sounds like you need to hire a Jeepney and drive it to boracay yourself:icon_lol:

cessxy
25th October 2011, 18:23
HI, you can inquire to this website http://www.planwisetravel.com . A friend of mine own this agency, prolly you can get a good deal for your holiday if you try to haggle :) :)

Tonet
29th October 2011, 01:32
worst airline everrrrrr!!!

We used them to fly back to Manila From Kalibo last year! They advised us about the delay when we checked in due to technical reason. After an hour or so we were told to board, the plane began to take off, it came to a sudden and frightening emergency stop:omg:. We then sat for about 15 minutes :NoNo::Erm: on the runway before we were told what was wrong.

We had to get off the plane.
Worst is the treatment we got from staff nobody offered informations regarding what will happen they just keep letting other people bording on the next flight leaving us wondering..:cwm23:
Took them 4 hrs to provide "food" which is bread and mayo with water. We didnt get to the plane until after 8 hrs!!!..:furious3:

Jamesey
30th October 2011, 13:08
I flew with them a few years ago when they were "Asian Spirit" and had no problems at all.

In fact, I've had very few problems with the domestic carriers in the Philippines, apart from Seair on our last trip. They cancelled our flight from Manila to El Nido and didn't even inform us! Doing a bit of research, it seems that this is a common issue with Seair.

stevewool
30th October 2011, 14:08
seems like all change now, going to legaspi with what ever airline, doing my head in at the mo:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

RickyR
30th October 2011, 14:23
Honestly guys, I speak the truth, none of the low cost airlines in the Philippines are better then any other. Zest Air vs Cebu Pacific Air vs AirPhilExpress vs SEAir = expect the same service. Realistically they will all leave you high and dry, change schedules, have delays and fail to inform you about whats going on. Sometimes your lucky and get a hotel or a jollibee burger, or they leave on time and it all goes without hassle. If you look for reviews of all these airlines you see the same story and pattern with all of them.
Unless you want to pay PAL prices, then choose the cheapest flight on the most suitable schedule.
Consider the low cost option like a bus service, except with beautiful girls instead of a grumpy bus conductor.

stevewool
30th October 2011, 14:37
so true Ricky, it seems there are going to be 12 of us flying , even the maid is coming, but to tell the truth i am looking forward to the whole family being together and if emma is happy i am too, the problem is i am paying and i dont want anything to go wrong but like you say i cannot afford pal prices, so zest it is, the other problem is i can only book 9 people so it seems to bookings is required , wish me luck in booking that with out problems:NoNo:

Jamesey
30th October 2011, 17:14
Honestly guys, I speak the truth, none of the low cost airlines in the Philippines are better then any other.

I wouldn't call Seair "low cost". We paid nearly P30K for two return tickets from Manila to El Nido. I'd expect a much better service from them after paying that much. You could almost charter your own plane for that!

Englishman2010
30th October 2011, 17:54
Wherever you all end up Steve, have a great time:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Although, with the amount of people you are paying for it's not going to be cheap:yikes:, if it were me I think I'd take them all on the boat to Puerto Galera. IMHO I think it's a lot better than Legaspi too:xxgrinning--00xx3:

patrickm1978
30th October 2011, 22:11
please don't use zest air there delays cost my mum to miss her connecting flight from manila to london they cancelled the zest air flight in cebu and it cost my mum and sister 2700pounds to get back home and the insurance would not pay out try airphill or cebu pacific

RickyR
30th October 2011, 23:48
Patrick, I'm not defending Zest Air, but the same thing could equally happen with the other low cost airlines. They are all exactly the same. And also remember that if you fly with any other airline whether its Singapore Airlines or a low cost airline and connect to another flight on two seperate tickets, if the first flight is delayed, you have absolutely no come back on the second flight. Fly low cost at your peril. If you are connecting to another flight, leave plenty of time or even have an overnight in Manila or wherever.

Personally have flown all of the airline on a regular basis, and have also received some bad delays but I accept it as a part of me being a Yorkshire cheapskate buying low cost tickts.