PDA

View Full Version : Kalibo

stevewool
22nd October 2011, 11:13
whats at kalibo and anything to do there, and does anyone know the best way to go about travel from there to borocay, waiting for the great replys:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Doc Alan
22nd October 2011, 11:35
I haven't been, Steve, and I'm sure you will get good advice from those who have :) However, you should think about ordering the new Rough Guide to the Philippines, just published. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rough-Guide-Philippines-David-Dalton/dp/1405381132/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319293190&sr=8-1
They do say " for most visitors Kalibo is simply the place they get off the plane and onto the minivan ( at a private stand next to the bus terminal - two hours to Caticlan ) ". Then it's a 20 minute ferry to Cagban in the south of Boracay. Every second week in January there is the Ati-Atihan festival in Kalibo, when good accommodation can be hard to find.

lykayu01
22nd October 2011, 12:00
hi stevewool, me and my hubby did spend honeymoon in BORACAY..
all i can say is better to fly with CEBUPACIFIC as they have a flight going to CATICLAN airport which is very near at BORA a tric. away rather than flying to KALIBO airport as you still need to drive about an hour or more than i forgot how many hours it takes but definitely better with CATICLAN though only small planes do land there as Kalibo has the big planes but far still.... ;')
enjoy better to be there may,june or july.... and The TIDES HOTEL is very nice we stayed there!!!! station2:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::xxgrinning--00xx3:

lykayu01
22nd October 2011, 12:02
CATICLAN is a tric away to jetty port very near than kalibo

Terpe
22nd October 2011, 14:35
I only went to Kalibo one time, and that was just as a way to reach Boracay.
From Kalibo we hired a 'van' to Boracay. I tried to get one with air-con but everyone told me it's not worth the extra cost as it's only a short drive.

That was a load of BS. It took 2 1/5 hours to drive, and I admit I got mad.

Never took that route again. If you have a chance to re-route to Caticlan, do it!!

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of buses. Most have air-con these days.

stevewool
22nd October 2011, 14:48
its just down to the price, we would love to fly direct just like we have done before, but this time there is 4 off usand all the bills ie accomadation, food, trips, flights are down to me and Emma, so as tesco says every little helps:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
22nd October 2011, 14:51
I haven't been, Steve, and I'm sure you will get good advice from those who have :) However, you should think about ordering the new Rough Guide to the Philippines, just published. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rough-Guide-Philippines-David-Dalton/dp/1405381132/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319293190&sr=8-1
They do say " for most visitors Kalibo is simply the place they get off the plane and onto the minivan ( at a private stand next to the bus terminal - two hours to Caticlan ) ". Then it's a 20 minute ferry to Cagban in the south of Boracay. Every second week in January there is the Ati-Atihan festival in Kalibo, when good accommodation can be hard to find.

got the book Alan and it is very usefull too, you enjoy yourself on your trip, bohol is on our list too

malditako
23rd October 2011, 05:13
just get a van steve from kalibo going to caticlan...or u may arrange a pick up with the hotel you're going to stay in.

stevewool
23rd October 2011, 06:07
thats what we are thinking grace, one of the problems is getting a late flight from kalibo so we dont have to rush back from borocay to kalibo

raynaputi
23rd October 2011, 06:21
hi steve..i would recommend this site http://boracaybestdeals.com/ and the business owner's name is Gil Reyes..we have used his services when my whole family went to Boracay last June..just say that i referred him to you. :D

desiderata_78
25th October 2011, 11:49
whats at kalibo and anything to do there, and does anyone know the best way to go about travel from there to borocay, waiting for the great replys:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Hi Steve! I hope my reply is not too late for you to read. :) Kalibo is the capital town of the Province of Aklan and almost all government offices are located in Kalibo. You can check the site for your reference.

http://www.aklan.gov.ph/

Enjoy your trip!

Englishman2010
25th October 2011, 12:06
Steve, don't get a minivan from Kalibo to Caticlan, they are expensive and you'll be squashed like sardines with 12 other people and their luggage in a Toyota minivan.

There are lots of good quality AC coaches at the airport (almost western standard, not the typical crap Filipino ones) . It took me about 2 hours to make this journey last year, and I think it was around 250php per person each way. I got a van back, it was more money although it was about 15 minutes quicker but the circulation to my legs was cut off for the whole journey:omg:

stevewool
25th October 2011, 15:10
thanks Ian, thats what i keep telling Em, and like you say the buses look ok , and the fare is good too:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Englishman2010
25th October 2011, 16:32
The coaches are fine there Steve:xxgrinning--00xx3: With all the Korean, US and Canadian tourists who go there and the standards they expect, I don't think they'd dare lay on the usual buses you see in Manila and the provinces.

stevewool
25th October 2011, 18:45
thanks again to all who added to this site, kalibo here we come, i think:rolleyes: