PDA

View Full Version : Visa to Mexico

classygirl
23rd October 2011, 15:37
Hello Everybody,

I need some advise regarding visa to Mexico....I read on their website that anybody holding an ILR doesn't need to secure a visa to go there but I still want to be sure if I understood it right.I sent an email to the Embassy regarding this but haven't got the answer from them yet.Also,tried to call the visa department but it went directly to the voicemail....

Hope I could get some answer from you Guys.......

Thanks alot and have a great week ahead to all of you..:)

Terpe
24th October 2011, 09:18
Hello Everybody,

I need some advise regarding visa to Mexico....I read on their website that anybody holding an ILR doesn't need to secure a visa to go there but I still want to be sure if I understood it right.I sent an email to the Embassy regarding this but haven't got the answer from them yet.Also,tried to call the visa department but it went directly to the voicemail....

Hope I could get some answer from you Guys.......

Thanks alot and have a great week ahead to all of you..:)

Whether or not you need a visa to enter and stay in another country depends totally on the visa requirements of that country and/or the passport you hold.

You need to search the visa requirements for Mexico.

ILR is only a type of UK visa.

Many countries do not require a visa for Mexico. But you'd better check here (http://portal.sre.gob.mx/filipinaseng/index.php?option=displaypage&Itemid=54&op=page&SubMenu=)

classygirl
25th October 2011, 15:10
Whether or not you need a visa to enter and stay in another country depends totally on the visa requirements of that country and/or the passport you hold.

You need to search the visa requirements for Mexico.

ILR is only a type of UK visa.

Many countries do not require a visa for Mexico. But you'd better check here (http://portal.sre.gob.mx/filipinaseng/index.php?option=displaypage&Itemid=54&op=page&SubMenu=)

Hi Terpe,

Thank you very much for your advice....I got a reply from the Mexican Consulate and they informed me that having an ILR in UK I dont need to secure the visa beforehand (new rule) just have to fill up the FMM from the airline that we are travelling with.

Best regards....Classygirl :)

Rosie1958
25th October 2011, 23:47
Hi Classygirl

My partner and I visited Mexico on a British Passport last month. We didn't need a visa but did have to pay £39 in cash each as departure tax on leaving Cancun which was most unexpected. Our American friends returning to US didn't have to pay anything. You might want to check this out and make provision for any such tax if you are planning a short visit and returning to the UK.

Rosie :)

classygirl
26th October 2011, 11:42
Hi Classygirl

My partner and I visited Mexico on a British Passport last month. We didn't need a visa but did have to pay £39 in cash each as departure tax on leaving Cancun which was most unexpected. Our American friends returning to US didn't have to pay anything. You might want to check this out and make provision for any such tax if you are planning a short visit and returning to the UK.

Hi Rosie,

Thanks for the info....I read something like that online and will check it out .I am still on ILR visa and the consulate told me I just have to fill the FMM form from the airline,have you filled one?Also,any suggestions where to go to Cancun(also our destination)?We'll be staying in Club Med but would like to have some activities outside..have you been to Coco Bongo?they said that it is nice but for younger crowd (which me and my hubby are not but for sure my stepdaughter and her bF will enjoy))..Thanks again Rosie and any feedback will be greatly appreciated...:)take care and best regards.....

Rosie1958
8th November 2011, 01:14
Hi Rosie,

Thanks for the info....I read something like that online and will check it out .I am still on ILR visa and the consulate told me I just have to fill the FMM form from the airline,have you filled one?Also,any suggestions where to go to Cancun(also our destination)?We'll be staying in Club Med but would like to have some activities outside..have you been to Coco Bongo?they said that it is nice but for younger crowd (which me and my hubby are not but for sure my stepdaughter and her bF will enjoy))..Thanks again Rosie and any feedback will be greatly appreciated...:)take care and best regards.....

Hi Classy Girl

We flew into Cancun but stayed in the Riviera Maya not far from Playa del Carmen. We did have to complete a form before we landed in Cancun, I can't remember what it was called but it was just the standard where are you from, going to, reason, passport details, etc.

We went to Coco Bongos in Playa del Carmen and it was absolutely fabulous, well worth a visit, especially if you are party people like us (in our 40s and 50s). :xxparty-smiley-050: The two clubs in Cancun and Playa are owned by actor/ comedian Jim Carey. We actually paid for seats in the VIP area on the first floor balcony which was well worth the money and included our own personal barman and drinks all night. We didn't sit down much but had our own chairs/ table and small amount of space in which to dance as well as not being far from the Powder Room. The shows are incredible, the trapeze artists amazing and the atmosphere is electric !! You MUST go as it is such a great experience but I do recommend the VIP area to avoid the crush of the younger ones down below dancing in the pit.

A trip to Cozumel is also a must if you enjoy snorkelling and we also visted one of the new 7 wonders of the world ...... Chichen Itza. Visiting a cenote (underground pool/ lake) is also an interesting experience and was included in our trip to Chichen Itza. There are zip lines and adventure parks for those that are more adventurous. It was very hot when we were there in September and we were eaten alive by the mosquitos so do make sure that you take some bug spray with you.

I hope that you all have a fabulous time!

RickyR
8th November 2011, 09:28
Print out the section on the website and the e-mail regarding this when you travel. When the check in agent inputs a Filipino passport into the system, it will probably tell them that you require a visa, and the playstation generation check in staff won't budge from that unless you have the evidence to prove otherwise.
Enjoy your holiday and have a great time.

classygirl
9th November 2011, 15:21
Hi RickyR,

Yeah,will do and thank you....:)Regards....

Print out the section on the website and the e-mail regarding this when you travel. When the check in agent inputs a Filipino passport into the system, it will probably tell them that you require a visa, and the playstation generation check in staff won't budge from that unless you have the evidence to prove otherwise.
Enjoy your holiday and have a great time.