PDA

View Full Version : FLR...how soon???

toging
28th October 2011, 20:09
i am just wondering how soon i can apply for my FLR after we got married and having the marriage certificate in our hands,and what more documents that they are requiring that are relevant to my application.....hope someone can help....and THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

LeoLady
28th October 2011, 20:28
hello toging

as soon as you have marriage cert you can now apply and book an appoinment.. the lists of documents they need it's on the form (FLR M)..

Good Luck and God Bless

Terpe
28th October 2011, 20:39
Hi there, you really should apply for FLR as soon as possible after your marriage.

Personally, I would say if you can manage the budger of additional cost of personal application at the enquiry it's well worth it as it does save a lot of waiting time under stress, as you will be given the FLR decision on the same day.
Please only do this this if you are very sure that your application is straightforward and there are no additional checks and verifications that may need to be done by the 'back-office' caseworkers.

The FLR(M) application form is here:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/flr/formflrm1020091.pdf

The FLR guidance notes here:-
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/flr/guideflrm1020091.pdf

Look to section 11 (Documents) to review what needs to be supplied.

To be really honest it's basically a formality, and you really should have no problems at all.

If you do have any questions about the requirements just fire away.

In the meantime I wish you very best of good luck.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
29th October 2011, 08:28
as the others have said, do it straight away:)

toging
30th October 2011, 15:13
Thank you guys for a very helpfull suggestions and ideas that youve given....will be married on 14th of nov.and i talked to my partner about it and discussed the ways of applying it and both of us agreed to go for the personal application bit expensive but i think its worth rather than waiting for it for few months as well as i can work as soon as i got it,the only thing that worries me is about his bank statement,bec.of my travel and some expenses back home before i left,the wedding preparations and its expenses,me being here and some expense for clothes and etc.....do they still expect same amount when i applied a visa in phil. or they will consider a bit since im already here....sorry for being so makulit...thanks in advance!

stevewool
30th October 2011, 15:28
as long as hes not overdrawn and it shows a constant flow in and out of the account, we did ours the same way you are going its straight forward and you are there to answer and ask questions too if you are unsure, goodluck:)

toging
30th October 2011, 15:37
as long as hes not overdrawn and it shows a constant flow in and out of the account, we did ours the same way you are going its straight forward and you are there to answer and ask questions too if you are unsure, goodluck:)
:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

ConfusedMe
30th October 2011, 19:08
You can apply as soon as you got the marriage certificate... As to my case, i am giving them the same documents when I applied for the fiancee one :)

toging
31st October 2011, 06:23
You can apply as soon as you got the marriage certificate... As to my case, i am giving them the same documents when I applied for the fiancee one :)

an updated one???or just the SAME docs,when u applied in manila...