PDA

View Full Version : formula one

stevewool
30th October 2011, 14:42
another good race by button, and what a track too, :)

alanmf1
30th October 2011, 15:37
A good looking track Steve indeed.
The funds invested were astronomical and when you see the conditions around the cities it does make you think!
However good that the sport is expanding its horizons and now offering up 2 US races very soon and Russia in 2014

As Keith will confirm as ever its boring when the fastest best car always wins!!

Sport as ever is though about doing your best and improving next time!

Heres hoping that soon its someone else on the top step of the Podium:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
30th October 2011, 15:40
indeed, i still cant help in thinking hamilton will be leaving to another car next season

Steve.r
30th October 2011, 15:53
A bit dusty, but good track and race.

grahamw48
30th October 2011, 17:36
Good race !

Great track !:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Was worth watching to see Eddie Jordan in his dress...wit 2 pieces of string dangling down below. Oh sorry....they were his legs :icon_lol:

Englishman2010
30th October 2011, 17:50
I agree, I thought the track was fantastic:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jensen took another step to cement himself as the McL no 1 driver. I really hope that Lewis can sort himself out for the start of next season, he is undoubtedly a huge talent and one of the best drivers in the world when he's on form, but he seems to have pressed the self destruct switch this year:doh

grahamw48
30th October 2011, 17:56
Lewis did qualify in 2nd.:)

As you say though, he does need his head sorting out, and hopefully with the help of his proud and obviously loving dad.

The lad has had a lot to carry on his shoulders these past few years...albeit with the benefits.

Englishman2010
30th October 2011, 18:02
If he had the Red Bull, he would be the fastest driver by a long way. He's shown in recent quali sessions that even with an inferior car he can give the RB's a run for their money. However, in the race, being the fastest isn't always the way to do it, Jensen and Alonso have both proven that being consistent and actually finishing a race gets you more points over the season.

Lewis is still my favorite driver, and I really hope he sorts his head out and starts winning races again soon.

KeithD
30th October 2011, 19:10
Great smog.... reminded me of LA :D ....... seems Massa isn't very good on kerbs so don't stand close to the edge of the road if you know he's driving around :cwm24:

As for a boring race, hasn't Vettel won every race this season apart from all those when we had rain and it produced real racing? :)

Instead of having qualification for grid positions they should start in reverse order from what they finished for the next race. That would see plenty of overtaking (Massa/Hamilton not included as neither are good at it :icon_lol:), and would put more skill on the driver. They will probably use this method next year in Indycar if they do a double header again.