PDA

View Full Version : Passport Renewal in London

abbymd
31st October 2011, 09:06
Hi!

I'm planning to renew my passport in London this Friday. Has anyone been to the Phil Embassy to do the same lately? I was hoping you can give me tips. Is it true people have to queue up even before it opens to be assured service on the same day? Or is it safe enough to get there before midday? It would be my first time to go to London so I was hoping it wouldn't be much of a headache. I'm living in York btw, I haven't met any kababayans yet in the three weeks we've been here and would love to hear from members from the area. Maraming salamat po!

Abby

philuk
31st October 2011, 10:12
we arrived around 9 am. the wife went straight in while i went round the corner to park the car,
When i returned there were about ten people waiting, we renewed the wife passport, also the daughters first philippine passport, including them taking the photos.
We also reaquired the wifes philippine citizenship, sorted some dss stuff out as well and still out of there by the afternoon,
I would sugest the earlier the better, its a bit of a madhouse

abbymd
31st October 2011, 11:32
Thanks Philuk! Hmm, I guess I really have to inflict myself on London-based friends Thurs night to get there on time by Friday am then. I would need to change my last name to my married name as well. I'm just so happy to hear it now only takes 4-6 weeks to process instead of the 12 weeks still indicated in the phil embassy website. I was told by the lady answering the hotline the backlog has been dealt with so they're now back to 4-6 weeks. Whew!