PDA

View Full Version : Filipino vs Brit - Fighting in Birmingham Tonight

RickyR
5th November 2011, 03:53
I don't know much about this sport, but if anyone is interested.

http://www.lgarena.co.uk/whatson/ufc

The Ultimate Fighting Championship® organisation will illuminate the skies of Great Britain this coming bonfire night, as UFC 138®: LEBEN vs. MUNOZ heads to the LG Arena in Birmingham on Saturday, November 5.

In the historic first ever five round non-title main event, fan favourites Chris 'The Crippler' Leben and Mark 'The Filipino Wrecking Machine' Munoz collide at middleweight. In the co-main event England’s own Brad 'One Punch' Pickett and fellow elite contender Renan Barao collide in a fight with serious implications for the bantamweight division

http://www.lgarena.co.uk/whatson/ufc/PublishingImages/billboard_export.jpg

joebloggs
5th November 2011, 07:51
my stepson is a big UFC fan, the wrecking machine is one tough :censored: but i'll back the Brit every time :D

grahamw48
5th November 2011, 09:42
Fil/UK...:ReadIt:

Make love not war. :hugx:

Englishman2010
5th November 2011, 16:49
Fil/UK...:ReadIt:

Make love not war. :hugx:

I agree Graham.

I used to enjoy boxing, but after Michael Watson was left brain damaged some 20 years ago, I haven't got the stomach for violent sports, and as the competitors become ever fitter and stronger, fatalities are inevitable. Even with the best medical care around, when immensly powerful athletes are beating the crap out of each others heads, accidents will happen. Some of the new breeds of cage fighting and MMA's are brutal.

grahamw48
5th November 2011, 18:00
I do enjoy watching it, have to admit, (dad used to box at middle-weight in the Royal Navy at one point) but yes, the brain is just as delicate no matter how fit and strong the body is.

joebloggs
6th November 2011, 14:20
well it only lasted 2 of the 5 rounds, but it was a pretty brutal fight, the fight was stopped as the Brit Leben could not see thru his left eye. :cwm24:

grahamw48
6th November 2011, 14:39
Payback for stealing their scrumptuous ladies ?:)