PDA

View Full Version : 11/11/11 ?

sweetnote143
11th November 2011, 02:22
I usually start my day at the office reading new emails and logging on to this forum...but what just caught my attention this morning, updates or posts of my friends in FB about today, the great 11/11/11. It's like everyone is hyped up, like it's some luck or an omen or something....for sure fortunetellers will really earn a big fortune and as well Feng Shui masters today :icon_lol:
I better prepare my cards, I might go out and read destiny later :icon_lol: damn, I forgot, I burned my cards a year ago :cwm3:

Arthur Little
11th November 2011, 02:26
today, the great 11/11/11.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... yup, great minds, eh? :yeahthat:

ConfusedMe
11th November 2011, 02:37
Never tried going to a fortune teller before.. This might be interesting... For now, may I suggest you watch the movie 11-11-11... Good thriller horror one... :)

sweetnote143
11th November 2011, 02:46
:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... yup, great minds, eh? :yeahthat:
:icon_lol:

shuffling my cards, I can see something...silence please...ahmmmmmmm....mmmmm......I can see it now, my cards telling me that..........ahmmmmmm....mmmmmmmmmmm.....it's telling me that today........is Friday :icon_lol::laugher:

sweetnote143
11th November 2011, 02:48
not up for thriller movies, donah, I like chick flicks :laugher:

same here, we make our own destiny....we are the one who knows what our future will be....what we do today determines our future. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
11th November 2011, 02:54
However, on a more sombre note, :bigcry: "the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month" has been embedded in European History since November 11, 1918 - the date on which the 'Armistice Treaty' with Germany was signed - marking the end of the Great War that had flared up just over 4 years earlier ... following the assassination of the Austrian Archduke Ferdinand at Sarajevo.

And so began a ritual that has remained an integral part of the British Heritage for the past 93 years ... when we, as a nation, commemmorate the dead of two World Wars ... and the lives lost in many other, more recent, conflicts.

sweetnote143
11th November 2011, 03:02
something we all have to remember, and I hope this generation and coming generations wont make the same mistake...but I guess wars are inevitable...crazy aint it that peace doesnt last...no matter how leaders find ways to implement peace, some will start plotting wars

elvie89
11th November 2011, 03:46
when i see your post i start looking at my watch..ohh yeahhh its 11,11,11.I thought it was a twin tower attacks hehehe but then i realize it was 9,11 hahaha..

sweetnote143
11th November 2011, 04:20
when i see your post i start looking at my watch..ohh yeahhh its 11,11,11.I thought it was a twin tower attacks hehehe but then i realize it was 9,11 hahaha..
:)

another memorable date because the next 11/11/11 is after another millennium

Englishman2010
11th November 2011, 07:16
However, on a more sombre note, :bigcry: "the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month" has been embedded in European History since November 11, 1918 - the date on which the 'Armistice Treaty' with Germany was signed - marking the end of the Great War that had flared up just over 4 years earlier ... following the assassination of the Austrian Archduke Ferdinand at Sarajevo.

And so began a ritual that has remained an integral part of the British Heritage for the past 93 years ... when we, as a nation, commemmorate the dead of two World Wars ... and the lives lost in many other, more recent, conflicts.

Lest we forget Arthur:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
11th November 2011, 09:11
I done a coffee reading this morning ...... the message was: Do not tilt the coffee cup over your nuts BEFORE you've drunk the hot coffee :omg::omg::omg:

sweetnote143
11th November 2011, 10:24
:laugher::laugher: good one, boss :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
11th November 2011, 12:21
Don't know what state I'm going to be in when the next one comes around, so reckon I'll make the most of it. :Erm:

skinicuk
11th November 2011, 15:33
its graduation day of my students today and they really insisted on this because of 11/11/11 and they are batch 11.

They said its goodluck.......whether its true or not. I really hope they do good in their chosen field....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

elvie89
12th November 2011, 02:17
its graduation day of my students today and they really insisted on this because of 11/11/11 and they are batch 11.

They said its goodluck.......whether its true or not. I really hope they do good in their chosen field....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

well like my father said if you believe it,it would be possible so that might be a good luck for them maam.!lol

tone
12th November 2011, 10:14
It's certainly a memorable date or it will be for the rest of my life as Rina and I married yesterday.
When I booked the wedding date it just came to me that it's a good date didn't think there was anything lucky about it...
I always believe we make most of our luck and then someone comes along with grace and gives us the rest!

Tone & Rina

sweetnote143
12th November 2011, 10:32
wow....it surely is a special day...congratulations to you Tone and Rina, best wishes and a happy life together :wedtoss:

tone
12th November 2011, 10:37
Thank you. Love the "isle walking emoticon" absolutely sweet!
Tone & Rina

grahamw48
12th November 2011, 10:41
Congratulations . :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm surprised you're up so early. :icon_lol:

sweetnote143
12th November 2011, 10:47
we're looking forward for the pictures too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tone
12th November 2011, 11:04
Haha!! pics will certainly be shown, Rina looked amazing (my close friends keep telling me I'm a lucky boy) and I'd love to show some of the photos!

Graham - hmmm I'm in bed Rina asleep next to me! I may be 20 years her senior but I don't feel it inside.. We got a busy day today/tomorrow with family and reception so she's getting all the rest she can.

Speak soon. :)

Tone

skinicuk
12th November 2011, 11:06
It's certainly a memorable date or it will be for the rest of my life as Rina and I married yesterday.
When I booked the wedding date it just came to me that it's a good date didn't think there was anything lucky about it...
I always believe we make most of our luck and then someone comes along with grace and gives us the rest!

Tone & Rina

Congratulations! :)