PDA

View Full Version : Big discount on plane ticket for 1st time immigrant...

ann_barnett
19th November 2011, 00:16
Hello every im here again and thank you so much that you guys appreciate my last post about my successful spouse visa application...

Finally im leaving on the 25th of November this coming friday.. The effectivity of my visa is on 23 November 2011 so i will go to Citigold building in Quirino, Manila for my CFO sticker...

I newly discovered with my travel agency that when you are a first time immigrant, there are airlines which are giving discounts.. Like i will be flying with Singapore airlines which is the cheapest offer for 1st time immigrant amounted to $625 + P1,620 travel tax... The regular price of plane ticket is $1,083 + P1620 travel tax...

So for all those who will be traveling as 1st time immigrant, advise your travel agency that you are so that you can enjoy your privilege and one more great news when i tried to talk to my travel agency as im only allowed for 20kgs check-in luggage to ask for additional luggage allowance and they granted my request for additional 10kgs for being 1st time immigrant... :Jump::Jump::Jump:

Til next post again...

Ooooopppssss i forgot something to ask, any tips what should i bring at my hand when i travel ir pass through immigration control aside from my passport with spouse visa?

Thank you in advance.. God bless everyone....

grahamw48
19th November 2011, 01:15
Congratulations, and I'm sure there is a warm welcome waiting for you in England. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I believe your passport with visa will be enough.

You may even receive one of our 'special' welcomes. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB3NPNM4xgo

Arthur Little
19th November 2011, 01:46
:cwm24: ... WOW ! Well done [on both counts] Ann.

No need for me to add "have a safe and enjoyable trip" - with Singapore Airlines, you definitely WILL ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
19th November 2011, 01:57
a warm jacket :icon_lol:, congratulations :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ConfusedMe
19th November 2011, 04:40
Congratulations Ann... Same thing with me, I got my ticket on a discounted price. Passport and visa is enough. :) Make sure to bring coat, its getting colder and colder... Welcome to UK... sooon

Terpe
19th November 2011, 10:48
Ann, here's wishing you a wonderful journey. Bon Voyage.
Hope all will go well for a memorable arrival to UK:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
19th November 2011, 11:22
I echo the comments said have a safe journey to the uk and good luck in all you do here.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rosie1958
19th November 2011, 12:51
Hi Ann

Congratualtions on securing your discounted ticket.

Just so you know and if you are not already aware, you might be asked to produce a chest xray at the UK airport on arrival; I know that my sister-in-law and young nephew were asked for them when they arrived at Heathrow last year. They didn't have them as they left Philippines in a medical emergency and it was agreed that they could have them done here in the UK at a later date.

I know of others that have had them done in the Philippines before leaving and immediately presented them at Immigration in UK to avoid any chance of potential difficulties. I also understand that not everyone is asked for them, it may depend on the UK airport and how lapse they are but fore-warned is fore-armed.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip!
Rosie :)

Terpe
19th November 2011, 17:42
............You may even receive one of our 'special' welcomes. :D

What a really great video clip. I even watched it twice.

Here's one that's very recent, and just about on topic.
Please be sure to watch it all through, the key moment is almost at the end but you need to watch all.
Enjoy
The 19:57 from Euston

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mWXrHi1Rks

grahamw48
19th November 2011, 18:09
Yes, wonderful and romantic. :heartshape1:

ConfusedMe
19th November 2011, 19:55
Awww How sweet is this :heartshape1:
What a really great video clip. I even watched it twice.

Here's one that's very recent, and just about on topic.
Please be sure to watch it all through, the key moment is almost at the end but you need to watch all.
Enjoy
The 19:57 from Euston

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mWXrHi1Rks

ynwa
19th November 2011, 20:57
make it handy the mobile number and UK address of your husband as you will write it in the embarkation paper.
was it called embarkation? i remember i filled out a form and handed it to the immigration counter upon exit together with the passport and fee.
A pen in your handbag because you also have to fill out a form when you landed. I have to borrow from the guy next to me because i left the pen in manila:doh

grahamw48
19th November 2011, 21:34
^^^^^

Really good advice. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

pocahontas
19th November 2011, 22:26
Congratulations, and I'm sure there is a warm welcome waiting for you in England. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I believe your passport with visa will be enough.

You may even receive one of our 'special' welcomes. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB3NPNM4xgo

haha funny!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

pocahontas
19th November 2011, 22:26
:Hellooo: congratulations..im sure you are soooo exicted i mean both of you are sooo excited.. :)

malchard888
20th November 2011, 00:30
my fiancée wont be far behind u as her visa is from 26th november so on Monday i have told her to go in a travel agent to see if there are any special deals if so i can western union the money, if not ill book the ticket via expedia from the UK .Any way good luck Ann, i hope u enjoy you new life in the western world
best wishes
malcolm:)

ann_barnett
20th November 2011, 01:36
Wow thanks Grahamw48.... well appreciated... :)

grahamw48
20th November 2011, 01:39
You're welcome. :D

ann_barnett
20th November 2011, 01:40
:cwm24: ... WOW ! Well done [on both counts] Ann.

No need for me to add "have a safe and enjoyable trip" - with Singapore Airlines, you definitely WILL ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Wow im excited now to fly with Singapore airlines as it's my first time with singapore airlines... I had a good travel experience with emirates, qatar airways and cathay pacific but this time great offer is singapore airlines that's why i grabbed it :Jump:

Thank you Arthur Little for always being there for us... God bless and regards...

ann_barnett
20th November 2011, 01:42
my fiancée wont be far behind u as her visa is from 26th november so on Monday i have told her to go in a travel agent to see if there are any special deals if so i can western union the money, if not ill book the ticket via expedia from the UK .Any way good luck Ann, i hope u enjoy you new life in the western world
best wishes
malcolm:)

Thank you Malcolm hope your fiance can get great deals but expedia has always the best deals also... Good luck...

ann_barnett
20th November 2011, 01:43
:Hellooo: congratulations..im sure you are soooo exicted i mean both of you are sooo excited.. :)

Oh yes very excited.. Thank you Pocahontas...:)

ann_barnett
20th November 2011, 01:44
make it handy the mobile number and UK address of your husband as you will write it in the embarkation paper.
was it called embarkation? i remember i filled out a form and handed it to the immigration counter upon exit together with the passport and fee.
A pen in your handbag because you also have to fill out a form when you landed. I have to borrow from the guy next to me because i left the pen in manila:doh

Very good reminder, thank you so much Ynwa

ann_barnett
20th November 2011, 01:46
a warm jacket :icon_lol:, congratulations :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you Imagine :)

ann_barnett
20th November 2011, 01:48
Congratulations Ann... Same thing with me, I got my ticket on a discounted price. Passport and visa is enough. :) Make sure to bring coat, its getting colder and colder... Welcome to UK... sooon

Thank you confused me, glad you got also the discounted ticket...

ann_barnett
20th November 2011, 01:56
Ann, here's wishing you a wonderful journey. Bon Voyage.
Hope all will go well for a memorable arrival to UK:xxgrinning--00xx3:

That's so kind of you Terpe.. thank you...

ann_barnett
20th November 2011, 01:57
Hi Ann

Congratualtions on securing your discounted ticket.

Just so you know and if you are not already aware, you might be asked to produce a chest xray at the UK airport on arrival; I know that my sister-in-law and young nephew were asked for them when they arrived at Heathrow last year. They didn't have them as they left Philippines in a medical emergency and it was agreed that they could have them done here in the UK at a later date.

I know of others that have had them done in the Philippines before leaving and immediately presented them at Immigration in UK to avoid any chance of potential difficulties. I also understand that not everyone is asked for them, it may depend on the UK airport and how lapse they are but fore-warned is fore-armed.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip!
Rosie :)

Thank you so much Rosie, yes i will do...:)

ann_barnett
20th November 2011, 01:58
I echo the comments said have a safe journey to the uk and good luck in all you do here.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you Andy222 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sweetnote143
20th November 2011, 03:52
congrats, Ann, and God bless with your trip...have a safe flight :Wave:

Eyes O'Donnell
20th November 2011, 04:49
Hi Ann. Goodluck and have a safe journey :)

lykayu01
20th November 2011, 05:02
congrats!!!! hope sooner it will be me to fly to be with my hubby...been missing him so very much ;')
at the moment will take exam but have to register first for my TOEIC exam @ HOPKINS MAkati...!!!!!:Wave: