PDA

View Full Version : taste of home;)

Moy
20th November 2011, 19:55
my all time fav..:hubbahubba::D bud sady the UK'S asian shop never has this taste:bigcry: :rolleyes::Rasp:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6WbIwxsKut0/TS2aD9gicOI/AAAAAAAAAIY/cVih_7z-lOY/s1600/IMG_2138.JPG

Terpe
20th November 2011, 20:08
Hmmm, mine too!
Salty mango, salty porridge and salted & chopped pigs tongues.
Am I korek?

Joke, joke my dear Moy> Please tell me what is it it really ?

Moy
20th November 2011, 20:25
Hmmm, mine too!
Salty mango, salty porridge and salted & chopped pigs tongues.
Am I korek?

Joke, joke my dear Moy> Please tell me what is it it really ?

papaya was the fruit my friend not mango:D and the dishes called lugaw(porridge) tokwat(tofu) baboy(pork):D:D:yikes:

the papaya fruit looks like this:D

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/2638602_f520.jpg

gWaPito
20th November 2011, 20:37
'Taste of home'......that's what my pregnant wife is craving right now...street food ..any other time, its not a problem.

Terpe
20th November 2011, 20:52
Moy, believe it or believe it not, but that papaya, known to many Filipinos to control libido, is actually the aphrodisiac of aphrodisiacs.
Especially when eaten at breakfast time when it is reported that papaya increases female libido and that the fruit has compounds that act as the female hormone estrogen.

That aside though, Papaya is actually one of the most healthiest of foods.

Now tell me more about that tofu porridge ?

Moy
20th November 2011, 21:32

porridge or congee, we Filipinos know it as lugaw–soft-boiled rice cooked in meat broth. Color it with chicken and color it a little with kasubhaand it is called chicken arroz caldo… cook it with beef tripe and it is known as goto… serve it plain with tokwa’t baboy on the side… In a country where rice is a staple food, we Filipinos have learned to cook it in many pleasing ways.

The best variety of rice for making lugaw is the malagkit na bigas (glutinous rice). Starchy and sticky, the rice thickens the broth and makes a very filling lugaw. But there’s no reason why one can’t cook a reasonably good lugaw by using other varieties of rice. The trick is to slow cook the rice over very low heat for forty-five minutes to an hour. Plus, of course, one must use a very good meat broth in which to cook the rice. I used the broth from the sarciadong dila ng baka (ox tongue stew. Then, I served my lugaw with cubes of ox tongue and fried tokwa (tofu) that had been seasoned a la tokwa’t baboy:D..known also as the ultimate filipino comfort food:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://casaveneracion.com/lugaw/

Moy
20th November 2011, 21:35
'Taste of home'......that's what my pregnant wife is craving right now...street food ..any other time, its not a problem.

maybe she could cook gwapito..if she have passion shell get what her taste buds craving:D i know the feeling i been there..a terrible feeling when you fancy:bigcry: something that you know you cant:NoNo::cwm23: get on this part of the country:bigcry: but if you/she cook eventually that will help i hope:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
21st November 2011, 01:11
Moy, believe it or believe it not, but that papaya, known to many Filipinos to control libido, is actually the aphrodisiac of aphrodisiacs.
Especially when eaten at breakfast time when it is reported that papaya increases female libido and that the fruit has compounds that act as the female hormone estrogen.

That aside though, Papaya is actually one of the most healthiest of foods.

No, please tell us more about the Papaya Moy ! :laugher:

Had plenty growing on the trees in our garden...wish I'd fed them to the ex now. :D

Moy
21st November 2011, 20:24
No, please tell us more about the Papaya Moy ! :laugher:

Had plenty growing on the trees in our garden...wish I'd fed them to the ex now. :D
Graham..:Rasp:
well papaya is simply a fruit to help heartburn, indegistion :D:rolleyes: and its a great relief ..promise:yikes::icon_lol: thats all i know:)

Maria B
23rd November 2011, 09:07
Pinoy's classic fave.:hubbahubba:
In cebu we call it arroz caldo for afternoon snacks. It's nice for a cold weather & if u are ill.
Juicy Papaya mmm Yummylecious....plus, it has lot of health benefits.
Tokwa at Baboy...my parents love it. I love the lechon paksiw hehehe...

:Wave: